Howell's

Burglary
We live just off the Marina Road in Didim and came home on Monday night at 10pm to find our house had been broken into.
We have iron work on all our windows and doors and also 2 dogs which we thought was enough security.. WE WERE WRONG !!!!!!!!
They were very professional and got through the metal through the keylock on the sliding doors and popped the glass on the door.
They threw 1 of my dogs in the swimming pool....
When we came home we found the dogs wandering around outside in a state of shock, im not sure if they sprayed them with the gas or if they were just in shock but the dog they threw in the pool was still soaking wet so i knew they hadnt been gone long maybe minutes, or maybe they saw our car coming down the road (i will never know)..
The Jandarma were here till 3am in the morning and took finger prints etc. They also told me i was the 5th in 2 days..
And just to top it off we hadnt got round to moving our insurance from our apartment to the villa so no payout..
Yesterday i had the full alarm system fitted, CCTV with the tv in my bedroom so i can watch outside when in bed. I can also log on to the internet and view as well.. Sensors in every room so if anyone does come in the alarm will go off and a signal goes to the main call centre where they call me and ask if im home and call the jandarma as well..
Went out for an hour last night to test the system and was really impressed as when i got home and deactivated the alarm within seconds the call centre was on the phone to me asking if it was me that turned it off and was i at home..Impresssed !!!!
Anyway please be on your guard and hide your valuables some where really good....

Sylvia

Burglary
Hi Sorry to hear of your breakin, b........s, hope they did not take much, happened to us its not nice, we also have alarm fitted now and makes you feel so much secure when you are out

Tess

Burglary
Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your break in, what a shock!! I know how you feel after a break in so chin up and I am so glad you have added extra security. I hope what you lost was minimal!! Please do not let these low lifes get you down, take care. Sharon x

Howell's

Burglary
They took our 50" plasma tv that we had shipped out from England, 2 laptops (but left my daughters) and about £4,000 worth of jewellery,, gutted....
Cant stop crying, think im still in shock.

carolk

R.I.P
Burglary
What an awful thing to happen! Hope you and the dogs recover soon.

Last edited:
Burglary
very sorry to here of your break in ,my son works for largest alarm company in uk he has fitted top quality alarm and cctv at our villa we brought over from uk allways make sure you have quality battery back up on your alarm system and cctv as is a must, with all the power cuts in turkey remember you pay for what you get.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Burglary
Very sad to hear of this. We were once burgled in the UK and its the sense of violation that we found hardest to live with.

Perhaps it might be useful for members if you could post full details & costings of the alarm system you have installed.

Hope the police catch the w***ers for you.

Burglary
Sorry to hear about the break in, at least they didn't take your dogs as well, goods can be replaced, even though your jewellery may have had sentimental value, dogs can't be replaced. Hope you all get over this soon.

Sue

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Burglary
Sorry to hear of this. Been burgled myself in the UK so I know how you are feeling. Angry at the theft and horrified at the idea of someone poking through your things. It is horrible. I believe in karma - they will get no joy out of what they have done and the universe will pay them back in kind.

Lesley T

Burglary
Am so sorry to hear about this horrible thing that happened to you. I am glad you acted so quickly to make your home safer. I hope you and your family will be feeling better soon but I know that it is the trauma of it all that gets to you. Take care.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Burglary
Amazing how brazen they can be. I had someone try to break in our house in Turgutreis when we were living there, we were in bed at the time. I scared them off but otherwise I am sure they would have cleaned us out if we were not home. Get a translation of this to Turkish and have a big sign made up posted on your front gate. "Trespassers and thirves will get three warning shots to the base of the skull" Would be so sweet to actually be able to sneak up behind one of these worthless POS and BTS out of them before calling the Jandarma. Sorry for your lose, now you have a system in place that should help protect you better. I just remembered when I was about 16 someone tried to break into our house. We had a big dog. Half great dane and half boxer. She wouldn't bark or growl either. All we found was a bunch of blood and the boot of the would be theif. Imagine his horror when in the dark having a 100 pound ill tempered dog on you with no warning.

Biker Bob

Burglary
I'm so sorry to hear of your break in it must be such an awful feeling to know that some rotten b*****d has been in your home. I hope the new security helps you relax again.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Burglary
Sorry to hear about this. Glad you and your family and pets are safe though. Good luck, Carol x

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Burglary
So sorry to hear of your break-in.We will soon be moving in our new villa,could you please tell me where you got your alarm from and the costs.
Many thanks,

alison09400

Burglary
Sorry Howell to hear about your burglary..it's happened to us twice since we moved here so I know exactly how you're feeling. The 1st time they only took my bag and mobile phone...I woke up and that scared them off; but the 2nd time we'd just moved into our new apartment and no insurance either. We're on the 4th floor and thought we were quite safe. They climbed up the drain pipe, onto the balcony and popped the door into the livingroom. I'm a very light sleeper plus was 5mths pregnant so wasn't sleeping much at all so the police said they must have sprayed something into the room to stop us waking up. I was travelling to Belfast the next evening with our 2 sons...the b**tards took £4,000, my purse with my kimlik/credit cards and all my jewellery. They also took quite a lot of money that my husband had in his jeans pocket.
After that we also got an alarm system fitted and it's connected to a call centre. It's a great peace of mind. 5 apartments have been burgled in our block alone and most have now installed alarm systems. Ours was fitted by Uçar Guvenlik and has a back up battery incase the electric goes off.

Reactions: S&D

Nowai

Burglary
Sorry to hear about your burglary. Everyone has to be more careful these days. Summer season is starting so Didim gonna get more crowded and because of the crysis on economy, everyday some more people make their choises about passing through the dark side and earning their lives by crime. This is same at all countries which got effected by economical crysis.

Burglary
Sorry to hear about the break in. Happened to us just after kitting the place out, they even took my underwear, pjs, toiletries, all electrical inc kettle, duvet and pillowcases, tea coffee the list is endless, it was in the winter time. We had no insurance and as the company we bought through said there was litle crime and to leave the insurance until we came back in May they replaced everything. We now have an alarm and bars and securrity lights, its not a nice thing to happen to anyone. No one was hurt and yes you can replace things but it shakes you up too. Keep your chin up I too believe in Karma

akbukcyd

Burglary
I am anoher statistic, I have been burgled twice, once in Altinkum in my first floor apartment where supposedly there was 24 hour security and it is unbelievable how they managed to get in. It happened about 5am and although I heard my neighbours loud voices, I ignored them because they are deaf and had a habit of shouting anyway so I didnt know it was anything other than a normal days talking. Fortunately they only took a bag which belonged to my friend and emptied most of the contents on the floor and fled just taking with them a gold bracelet. When we reported this to the police in Altinkum I clearly remembered them being offish and saying that all Brits were trying to rip off the insurance companies even though there was clear evidence we had been robbed!

On the second occasion, this was in my villa in Akbuk. They broke through the metal bars and locks on the doors and forced their way in. They either knew my dog or were not afraid of dogs cos they put our dog in a bedroom. They took cds out of their covers and lined them up on a shelf almost likek a calling card. They pulled everything out of drawers and left it strewn over the floor. I had a lot of jewellery which was my late Mum's including a Rolex watch, money, cameras, credit cards and the usual. This robbery took place between 8pm and 11pm so it is likely that someone was watching my place, waiting for my car which of course has MA plates to go, and then do the deed. As for insurance, although I was insured, they paid out a pittance as I did not have receipts for my Mum's jewellery even though I had pictures of the items and a receipt for a repair to the Rolex! This made matters worse and I decided I would never insure again for contents. The items were
lirreplaceable anyway and no amount of money would make up for the loss = they were my Mum's.

On a good note though, three years after the event, the police have caught the cuprit, brought him to my villa about one month ago for him to show us how he broke into the villa at which time my partner hit him! He is awaiting trial but I would be quite happy just to have my bits and pieces back. As for showing us how he broke into the villa, did the insurance and police really think we were going to wait three years to replace our bars and doors so it was a wasted exercise anyway them bringing the b.....d to the villa.

Howell's

Burglary
Hi all, i cant believe how many of you have also been broken into, just shows its a real problem here in Turkey..
We used Falcon security and paid 3100 lira for the alarm system, cctv, and sensors in every room.
I decided to go out the other night although i was really paranoid.
When we came home and turned the alarm off, the call centre rang me within seconds and asked me if i was home as the alarm had been switched off, that made me feel a 1000 times better.
I only went to visit my mum in town but it was great as i could watch my house via her internet.
If anyone in Didim/Akbuk wants a price from the company i am happy to come with the guy from Falcon and im also happy for you to look at the system i have had fitted at my house to get an idea of what ive got for my money.
If you want to know more pm me and i will give you my mobile number.
Tanya

Latest Posts

Top Bottom