water

Burger king in Altinkum
The cafe next to Carefour has been taken over by Burger King. They are in the process of renovating it, but don't know when it will open. I know not everyone likes these fast food places, but it's good that people have the choice. I think it will be very popular, not just for the Brits but Turks like them too.
Sue

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Burger king in Altinkum
ooooooooo Sue did you fall out of bed this morning!!!! I am beside myself now I just cant wait for Burger King in Altinkum!!! x

water

Burger king in Altinkum
Lillylilly, I know your'e really looking forward to Burger King coming, being as you live on junk food!!!!!!!!

maggie

Burger king in Altinkum
My Nik is overjoyed at this !!!!!

About time we dragged Tinky into the Burger Zone.

I agree we dont allways want a British Burger but I can see this place being very popular with tourists and Turks alike.

Just wonder how theyre going to do a bacon burger.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Burger king in Altinkum
Pretty bad news that - it's no coincedence that America has the highest obesity 'rate' in the world, being rapidly caught up with by Australia, UK, Canada, who have all invested in the American fast food restaurant ideal.

I haven't even touched on the environmental damage caused by fuelling these corporate giants.

Sorry, I'll get off me soapbox now - I simply detest these places though, with all the pressure you feel under to take your kids there etc

Sorry Water, didn't mean to hijack your thread....

C

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Burger king in Altinkum
Pretty bad news that - it's no coincedence that America has the highest obesity 'rate' in the world, being rapidly caught up with by Australia, UK, Canada, who have all invested in the American fast food restaurant ideal.

I haven't even touched on the environmental damage caused by fuelling these corporate giants.

Sorry, I'll get off me soapbox now - I simply detest these places though, with all the pressure you feel under to take your kids there etc

Sorry Water, didn't mean to hijack your thread....

C

I tend to agree with you on this. It's a shame american fast food culture is taking over the world and with it bringing its obesity issues to parts of the world that never had this problem. I frequent India a lot where you get beautifically cooked fresh food every day enthused with aromas, fresh herbs and freshly ground spices (and its not your typical UK designed chicken tikka masala with heaps of oil!)
On my last visit to the region I was suprised to see so many anti-obesity clinics opened, weight loss centres etc

I don't mind a burger once in a while whilst travelling or if no other option available.

There's big money, monopoly controlling this.

True you don't have to eat there -but when the kids are pulling you there with the lure of a free toy...What can you say?! :)

Burger king in Altinkum
I really hope that people take stock of why they wanted to move to the resort in the first place. Was it really only the sunshine.... or is the slow-paced, friendly, market-place and small shop owner culture a big part of what you were looking for? I don't mind the big 'chains' moving in - but as long as it stays in Altinkum and doesn't move up into Didim - where Hasan's home-made burgers will still always be the tastiest.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Burger king in Altinkum
I quite liked the fact that there were no big corporate fast food chains in tinky. I saw one at the outlet in soke but didn;t go near the place. they are so commonplace in the Uk I found it refreshing to find a place where they were nonexistant.

A thumbs down from me.

eve

Burger king in Altinkum
Ha Ha Ha !! He used to be right on the corner across the road from Arcelik, as you go up Ataturk Boulevard on your right hand side. He's moved two or three units in now, still on the same street, on the road along to Sehir Lokanta. He's such a nice guy and it's great to be able to support local businesses with our custom.

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Burger king in Altinkum
Whats Hasan's place called? Is it known as Hasan's Burgers or another name?

Might check him out next time I'm over.

Burger king in Altinkum
It's called Gunes... but then with the accents on the 'u' and the 's'. Don't know how to put the accents on. :(

maggie

Burger king in Altinkum
I do agree Gunes burgers are great, but I still miss my Burger King but no more way hay.!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Burger king in Altinkum
The people will speak, or more likely belch, yum yum, let me in.
Steve.

tinkyman

Burger king in Altinkum
is there any way we can stop people like burger king coming in and promote good turkish food instead

maggie

Burger king in Altinkum
is there any way we can stop people like burger king coming in and promote good turkish food instead

I personally believe there are enough tradiotional turkish eatiries in Didim and Altinkum.

It is nice to be able to have a choice.!!!

Altinkum is trying to bring itself inline with other Turkish holiday resorts you will find Burger Kings,McDonalds ,in most of these.

If you dont want a Burger King dont go there but please dont try and stop the people who do want one from going there.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom