ezhik

Builders rate or house rate?
I've just been reading here and see that some people get put onto the builders (higher) rate when getting the electric meter in their own name, if it's done before the TAPU has been issued. There was some talk from the Emlak at the time that mine was done that a rental contract may have to be taken out, though no mention of higher tariffs as a result, but I don't recall if such a contract ever was taken out.

Is there a way to tell by checking the bill to find which rate you are paying? I had the electricity in my name nearly a year before getting the TAPU, so you can see why I'm curious.

According to my latest bill from Aydem the 3 tariffs are charged like this: T1 (0600-1700) at 0.151050TL - T2 (1700-2200) at 0.258305TL - T3 (2200-0600) at 0.073917TL. That would be TL per kWh.

Any advice appreciated.

Peregrine

those rates look OK to me

PS just make sure you set the washing mashine to work between 22.00 and 06.00 to make best use of the lower rate.

You might also consider switching off your electric water heater between 17.00 and 22.00 if possible so you avoid the highest rate

ezhik

Thanks for your reply.

Yes there's quite a difference before and after 2200, we're pretty savvy at using the best rate, though I was going to start using a timer on the water heater just to be sure.

I'm wondering then how did I get on the normal tariffs without the TAPU? Oh well, never mind just as long as I am, that's all that matters, and the fact that we haven't being paying a higher rate is a very good thing.

Now what else can I worry about!

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom