Raging

Builder run around
Good afternoon

My wife entered into a contract to buy a property in Didim. The contract states that should the buyer withdraw a penalty is paid to the builder as compensation. We telephoned, mailed, faxed and emailed the builder, my wife's lawyer, the transaltor and the estate agent in November 2008, January and March 2009 and received zero response requesting a refund of the monies paid less the penalty. Reasonable and as per the contract. So we thought. A friend of the builder has now telephoned today to say my wife has to travel to Turkey to cancel the contract and set another in place. This sounds extremely dodgy to me, any advice? (before I get on a plane and do some serious damage in Didim)

labman

Builder run around
Hi Raging,

If your new to the forum just introduce yourself breifly as you'll find people will more inclined to answer your question, there are some really helpful people on the forum with lots of knowledge.

I'm not an expert but from what you say, if you haven't done already get your own solicitor from out of the area, its a big no no to use their legal team.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you some advise but indroduce yourself first as you have only just joined, I think you'll find it will help your cause.

LM

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Builder run around
On the positive side he is at least talking to you. If he holds your cash he holds most of the cards, so you will get more by being nice than by picking a fight. What is your lawyer suggesting?
Ian

labman

Builder run around
Was the lawyer working along side the company you purchased off or did you find him/her separately yourselves.

As in the previous post from Immac, at least they have come back to you with a suggestion, whilst not great news thats far more than many people have got.

LM

Peregrine

Builder run around
ask the builder to senmd you the proposed contract before you travel so you can agree it

think about getting another (better) lawyer

think hard about what you want (and why you now want to break the contract)

normally the guy with the money has the upper hand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom