carolk

R.I.P
Bugs creepy crawlies and jumping spiders
Does anyone know how to rid the house of these things, is there something you can get and where from please?

I have tired all the sprays but the last straw is a massive spider with legs over an inch and a half long, it has a big grey body!!!

HELP!! :thanks:

My friends said, in Spain they can get a surface cleaner called Genie that has an insecticide in it & is very efective at keeping bugs etc out. Has any one seen this in Turkey?

Martyn

Does anyone know how to rid the house of these things, is there something you can get and where from please?

I have tired all the sprays but the last straw is a massive spider with legs over an inch and a half long, it has a big grey body!!!

HELP!! :thanks:

What about a size 9 shoe Carol? :roundgrin

carolk

R.I.P
Lol Martyn but, Im at it all the time with me size 5 and its getting right on me Eartha Kitts!!! :biggrin1:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
No matter how clean your house is,you will be sharing the house with other unwanted visitors.
The jumping spider is such a fascinating insect.l have them all the time in my house and have accepted their presents to live with them.Just by leaving them alone and admire the way they come up to you and stare is quite comical,because in the end they become fed up and jump onto another sofa looking for prey.They are the cleaners in nature and will aid you in the fight against some of the unwanted pests in your house.

Biological warfare is the best method to use for eradicating such unwanted pests.But if you do have a phobia of spiders,especially when they jump on you with those big compound eyes of theirs,while watching a horror film with a hot cup of tea in your hand:fear:.Then it is time to call in the exterminators.

The insecticide is your only option.But the problem with insecticides,it does alter the insects immune system,where it will have no effect on the generation of spiders in the future.
The other option is if you can't beat them join them and just class them as a wanted insect that aids you in ridding the house of other pests.So if you see a jumping spider coming your way and wishes to pass by jumping on you.Allow the spider to leap on you so he can go on his way looking for prey.

But if you do have phobia of spiders

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Find a hardware shop that sells chemicals - usually have a manufacturers sign outside. If you can find a Bayer supplier get "K-Othrine SC 50" - less than 10tl and also buy a spray bottle to use exclusively with this - again around 10tl.
Harmless to pets.
Dries on surfaces that you spray and stays effective for 3 months.
Also very good (not for them, but for you) for cockroaches and the like.

Ian

carolk

R.I.P
Thank you Ian, do you spray it everywhere or just round the doors and windows?

I will go look for it today.

Number6

Love the jumping spiders, I cal the the spider SAS, the way that they "absail" off high surfaces and will suqare up to you if they feel threatened rather than run away.
One word of caution though, the little buggers can and will give you a painful nip if you upset them.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Thank you Ian, do you spray it everywhere or just round the doors and windows?
So it is not wasted I spray it anywhere the mop does not go, otherwise you are just washing it away. I don't spray worktops or places where open food might touch it - but around tins and packets of food should be OK. Behind furniture, under beds, in cupboards etc..
It does not stain, so painted surfaces are not marked and it dries into the paint.
Anywhere they might come into the house - door stops, drains.
Outside you can spray it on patio areas - again, where it is not going to wash away.

Ian

teresa

Free Thinker
I use the Bion "pen" which is like a push up glue stick. I go round my doors leading to the outside and it leaves a pink chalky mark. Things may cross the line but if they do they DIE.

I have of course posted appropriate safety warning posters so that all bugs can make an informed decision on whether to trespass and cross the line.

shazeroo

We have fitted insect screens to all doors and windows and very rarely find any bugs or insects at all in the house (as long as you remember to keep them closed). They don't obstruct the views and also keep a lot of dust out, so perhaps that is an option for you.

jcrian

Any ideas what sort of insect this is?

İan ..it looks like a praying mantis ..or another from the cricket lotus grasshopper family

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Definitely a Praying Mantis or European Mantis - Mantis Religiosa

red

I use the Bion "pen" which is like a push up glue stick. I go round my doors leading to the outside and it leaves a pink chalky mark. Things may cross the line but if they do they DIE.

I have of course posted appropriate safety warning posters so that all bugs can make an informed decision on whether to trespass and cross the line.

I just love the sign part :5: where do you buy the pen?

dalyansteve

I have found that 2 metric tonnes of fertiliser plus 500 grams of ******** plus a d*******r clear the area, about 2 kilometres will do, and then light the fuse. Try it on bonfire night, quite spectacular, oh, and gets the little b*****ds too. Probably a good time to leave the country before it all goes up and claim damages from your insurance company!!
I have termites plus something I am sure is blackwatch beetle so any help other than the above would be gratefully received!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom