imbat

Broadband Router/Modems speed problems
I watch uk live tv on filmon but it keeps sticking. I updated my internet with ttnet to no limit internet & got the faster speed but it still will not run properly. Just wondering if my modem could be a factor as it is an old modem roughly 10 yrs old (airties 125). Not being technically gifted I just wondered if updating the modem might solve the problem:angel:
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I am getting to old for all this technology :hmm:

REDDERS

Re: modems

Firstly i suggest you check your internet speed here.. Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test. If you have upgraded to Fibre optic speeds then your will need to change your router to one that accepts faster speeds,if as you say yours is 10 years old.
Next it may be pertinent to 'clean' your computer and check for any malware here.. www.malwarebytes.com. Download the free version & use this monthly to scan your computer .
Although the speed coming into your property will not be constant,as long as you have more than 2mb speed Filmon will work.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

How are you watching film on ? Is it by wireless connection or wired ? A 10 year old modem wil have a slower throughput than a more modern modem, and may not be able to handle too many similtaneous devices, as martin says check your speed but lok at the graph and not the headline figure, if it looks stabl on a number of tests with not too many dips then try a new modem.

Martin

TNT123

To Young to be This Old

Firstly I agree with Martin,what are you watching Filmon on.Secondly,if you updated TTNET,they should have given you a new router/modem.You are using on of the best routers at the moment albeit its a bit old but TTNETs routers and Modems are next best thing to useless.A trip to Bimeks or Vatan would be worth a try.Also 2mg is ample for filmon.
Trev.

imbat

Just watching it on my samsung galaxy tablet at the moment as there seems no point investing in a smart tv. If it will not work properly :( I do watch it wirelessly & I was told that you can't get an accurate speed on that but I will try the mailware thing. It's a real shame as digiturk is crap & the new football season is starting soon. As for ttnet they increased our speed last winter but we did not get a new modem & unfortunateley it is not fibernet.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old

Just watching it on my samsung galaxy tablet at the moment as there seems no point investing in a smart tv. If it will not work properly :( I do watch it wirelessly & I was told that you can't get an accurate speed on that but I will try the mailware thing. It's a real shame as digiturk is crap & the new football season is starting soon. As for ttnet they increased our speed last winter but we did not get a new modem & unfortunateley it is not fibernet.

Install this on your Tablet Imbat,TVMC for Android.Any problems go to thread All things XBMC--Kodi,you will find a wealth of info on there how to do it.If you still have probs come back on here and I will talk you through it.
Trev.

imbat

Trying to download it now but it is taking an age, only 25% at the moment. Never heard of this so what exactly does it do ? I downloaded the maleware one but it won't open. Maybe as I have adblocker on ???

imbat

Finally got tvmc downloaded after a few fails but even that seems to be a bit hit & miss. Sometimes if you let it buffer up to bout 20% then let it run it is great but sometimes it just doesn't buffer at all. Still it is a good thing to have & thanks for the info trev. Also the new maleware link worked a treat but after a scan there was no maleware there & even when I turned bluetooth off there was no difference. I think I just have a crap connection with the speed jumping up & down :( thanks for the help guys:42mb:

imbat

Oh by the way did two speed checks bo5h came in at about 3.5

imbat

Had a few days to look at that kodi thing now trev but most things just don't open with a message of "one or more items did not play, check your log file" shame as it would be fantastic if it worked :(

TNT123

To Young to be This Old

Had a few days to look at that kodi thing now trev but most things just don't open with a message of "one or more items did not play, check your log file" shame as it would be fantastic if it worked :(

Not sure why its not working Imbat,try these tutorials.BTW,3.5 mg download speed is ok for Filmon but sports and films you need a bit higher.

Trev.

Last edited by a moderator:

imbat

Thanks Trev I will have a look at that when I get the chance. I still think the modem might be the problem as the wife is on the ipad & working fine but I keep losing the connection :( it' all to technical for me :crying:

martin m

Hi
Might I suggest that you turn down the quality of the picture, I did the same with Netflix and it does not require as much juice so to speak, though the eye cannot really tell the difference, the reason I suggest this is because as you said "your wifes ipad is fine", well presuming she is also sharing the wi fi signal from the same modem, then if hers is ok and your is not its likely the problem could be the device or its settings.
martin

imbat

Thanks martin. When I work out how to do that I will give it a whirl :)

Get a new one..... We had an old sky router changed for new hub. Like night and day. Faster better quicker. Go for it

martin m

Hi Imbat.
Using a pc log in to whatever it is your wanting to watch, in my case it was Netflix, so using my pc (cannot be done on a device) I logged on to my Netflix account went in to settings and lowered the quality of screen resolution that way, the results in my case were astounding.
regards martin

imbat

While I am on about modems anyone have any advice on a good spec budget modem that I can by in turkey ??? Only had airties.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old

2d7eis1.jpg

Dumped my TTNET and got this,cant remember how much though,pretty cheap i seem to think.
Trev.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom