ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Brits Lose Appeal
A London court ruled Tuesday that a British couple who built a holiday home in Turkish Cyprus must demolish it, backing previous judgments in Greek Cyprus and Europe.

David and Linda Orams must now hand the land back to the original owner of the property in Lapithos, Meletios Apostolides, and pay him damages.

Here

C

teosgirl

Brits Lose Appeal
This is very dissapointing news.

In my opinion a financial settlement would have been better for all invloved. Of course the greek cypriot used his full EU membership card to take everything, whilst the government will most likely conceed nothing.
Now we will see more claims, from boths sides.

Let's not forget the Turkish cypriots owned land in the south of the Island too.
Most people don't know that larnaca and paphos airports are built on Turkish cypriot owned land. I'm pretty sure the governments won't be demolishing those and handing them back any time soon.
I'm sure the situation that has become so calm in Cyprus, will suddenly become so fragile, as people realise they've lost everything.

Charlotte

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Brits Lose Appeal
Foreign property owners in Turkish Cyprus have expressed alarm over a British court ruling that has ordered a couple to tear down a villa built on disputed land and pay compensation to the owner.

Here

C

Xerox

BAA - but not sheepish!
Brits Lose Appeal
All this should have been sorted out before Cyprus was allowed into the EU - I dread to think where the repercussions of this are going to end up.

Brits Lose Appeal
This is terrible news. I recall the programme on ITV about this lovely couple who I gather did everything right when purchasing the land and felt that it was the officials that had let them down on a major scale. The officials should be made to compensate the Orlams.
To have spent all that time and money they worked so hard for making what they thought would be a beautiful home only to be told demolish it and add insult to injury compensate the GC land owners is beyond belief.

my heart goes out to the Orlams

Crystalclear

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Brits Lose Appeal
BRITONS Linda and David Orams have filed an application to demolish the villa they illegally built on the property of Meletis Apostolides in occupied Lapithos

Here

C

Latest Posts

Top Bottom