bobthenob

Non Active Member
British woman battered in Altinkum
l just finished reading this article on the website,just a few minutes ago,and came up with my own reasons why she was attacked.l could be wrong on this,but looking at the many incidences that seem to be common now in Altinkum does make me wonder,what is behind this growing problem of vicous and cowardly attacks on others

She refused his aggressive advances and sinister charm to be with her for the night and worm his way in to groom her mind in taking him back to her hotel room.
He had in his mind to rob her of her pocessions and maybe decieve her into buying a property that doesn't exsist,for him to run off with the money.

She saw through him and decided enough was enough and left.While she walked back to her stay.He followed her only to wait for the right time to use violence against her to gain control over herbecause he was turned down.But she fought back and he decided to make a hasty retreat before he was caught.

The growing numbers of attacks on women in Altinkum could have something to do with a sinister plan that backfired from the quilty to manipulate the woman's mind in parting her of money and getting involved into buying something that she doesn't want.This is the time for the decievers to exploit the females to rob them.They have a nasty habit of using violence to gain control over the weaker sex[their view,not mine]

Am l right..or is my imagination just gone wild and l am totally wrong.

Mushroom

Bob,

How would your theory stand up if he was a Brit ? There was no mention of nationality or a half decent description of her attacker.

Just a thought but I think I am right in saying there are a hellavalot of Brits who visit Altinkum !

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Bob,

How would your theory stand up if he was a Brit ? There was no mention of nationality or a half decent description of her attacker.

Just a thought but I think I am right in saying there are a hellavalot of Brits who visit Altinkum !

l agree.That's why l never mentioned in my post of what nationality the attacker could have been.Even Brits have sinister motives

Last edited:

Gin&Tonic

That means, that I can never leave my apartment.
You can go out but use a reliable taxi to take you home.

I do hope the lady is okay, I got attacked in the UK and its a terrifying experience. My sister, bless her, summed it up really well (Coronation Street watchers will understand this) she said before the attack I was like Rita and after I was like Mavis !!!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
That means, that I can never leave my apartment.

Please don't let this incidence ruin your holiday if you take the right precautions.You will be Okay.

1/Always avoid walking at night alone.lf this is not possible,then arm yourself with an alarm and also a pepper spray,straight into the eyes.
2/Always have a mobile on you.This is your only friend when your alone.
3/Be careful who you befriend.
4/Take a taxi and ask for his card before you enter the cab.Better to be safe then sorry.
5/Always arrange what time you will be arriving at your destination to others that you trust.
6/Just use some commonsense basically,because that what will keep trouble at a distance.

akbukcyd

I have just heard and hope it is not true that two 70 year old women have been mugged in Akbuk near the Derby Hotel today. If it is true, it will be a great worry to all Akbukites. Has anyone else heard this?

maggie

I have just heard and hope it is not true that two 70 year old women have been mugged in Akbuk near the Derby Hotel today. If it is true, it will be a great worry to all Akbukites. Has anyone else heard this?
Cyd,

Have you heard any more about this or when it was supposed to have happenned.

Hugs Maggie xx

i have lived in Turkey for many years now and have walked all the over the place and the only things that have ever frightened me were the street dogs barking and following me...(i have to say ive never been attacked though)

This needs to be put into proportion there are millions of people coming to Turkey every year rolling around half naked and drunk (some not all i hasten to add before i get shot down) and here we have advice ranging from not going out alone not walking alone etc etc...
it isn't nice that this woman was attacked and i sympathise with her we dont really know the facts....so lets get real.

i have lived in Turkey for many years now and have walked all the over the place and the only things that have ever frightened me were the street dogs barking and following me...(i have to say ive never been attacked though)

This needs to be put into proportion there are millions of people coming to Turkey every year rolling around half naked and drunk (some not all i hasten to add before i get shot down) and here we have advice ranging from not going out alone not walking alone etc etc...
it isn't nice that this woman was attacked and i sympathise with her we dont really know the facts....so lets get real.

I agree!
This could happen anywhere in the world - London, New York, Milan etc.
Is Turkey any different?

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
I'm reserving judgement on the basis of the story having only one side.
No female deserves to be beaten by a male, and whoever did it needs his balls cutting off, but I suspect there could be more detail to this than has been published.

Gail

Shirley I think the advice being given out is excellent. I don't think as a female you should be walking around on your own in ANY country. I also think that no matter what has happened this woman did not deserve to get beaten so even when the facts come out my opinion will be the same, she did not deserve to get a beating even if she was half naked or drunk.

Shirley I think the advice being given out is excellent. I don't think as a female you should be walking around on your own in ANY country. I also think that no matter what has happened this woman did not deserve to get beaten so even when the facts come out my opinion will be the same, she did not deserve to get a beating even if she was half naked or drunk.

I agree and we don't know the full story yet but what if hypothetically the so called attacker was acting in self defence? Would she deserve it then?

Gail

This is the statement this poor woman gave

A BRITISH woman fought off a brutal attacker who broke her nose in a vicious unprovoked attack in Altinkum – three days into her holiday.

Ms Karen Bowes was walking home in Monastir Cd, off Ataturk Boulevard, when she was suddenly pounced on by a young man who began to rain blows down on her at about 11pm last Thursday (April 30).

But Ms Bowes (44), from York, who works in the prison services in the UK, fought back by thumping the assailant with her mobile phone, causing him injuries to his face and lip.

Speaking to Voices shortly after the attack, said she had been left shocked and stunned by the attack, particularly as she had only begun her holiday in the resort three days before on the Monday.

She said she had popped out from her home on errands and had hooked up with friends as they walked up Ataturk Boulevard, and even turned down their request to walk her home, when the incident occurred.

She said that as she was walking along Monastir Cd, she was talking into her mobile phone when she heard running from behind, and a man suddenly grabbed her arm. He began pounding blows on her, but she fought back and hit him with the mobile phone.

She said: “It was a completely unprovoked attack. He kept coming at me and raining blows down on me. I fought back and hit him, and then he ran off.

“I called to a Turkish neighbour and the police came and I was taken to hospital.”

She discovered she had broken her nose, suffered a suspected fractured cheekbone and cut palate. She said: “I am still unsure what the attack was about; whether he was trying to get my handbag, my mobile or any other reason.”

The man is described as 19-22 years old, 5’ 6’’ in height and he was wearing a jacket and jeans.

She said: “I have been here on and off for seven years and I have never suffered such an horrendous experience. I am not one for staying out late or drinking, and keep myself to myself. I love Turkey and this incident will not put me off from coming back.”

She urged other women about walking home alone at night and to be aware of people around, particularly in darkened areas late at night.

For goodness sake if this has happened in UK it would be an atrocity, bad things happen over here and it's not always the Brits fault there are some really nasty Turks who live in this country and they do really nasty things it's no different from any other country!

My heart goes out to this lady.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Well!..l disagree with this comment.When there's a source of danger in the community,that is a danger to the public.Then it is right to be on your guard with the right attitudes that l have mentioned.
There is an increasing spate of crime happening in the area and must not be ignored that can put you off your guard.
Be aware and be prepared

Last edited:

Summertime

Golden Girls

Does not matter, dranked or half naked, there is no excuse at all.

Does not matter, dranked or half naked, there is no excuse at all.

the point İ was trying unsuccessfully :horn: to make was to put the incident into proportion ..ie the amount of people who come here in all sorts of gear with all sorts of attitude , without any problems at all
as opposed to this one attack (and i did say it was wrong and sympathised..which was missed) and for which advice is being given to keep women off the streets....gives new meaning to the phrase lock up your daughters

jaimie

These things happen everywhere. In an ideal world, people would not have to be wary and on their guard; but we don't live in an ideal world so we do have to be on our guard.

Does it matter the state of drunkenness, or not; or the state of undress or not? No. What matters is how the individual deals with this situation and what they do about it.

As much as one can, be aware of what and who is around you, if anybody comes too close to you (and only you will know when that is) be assertive, and tell them to back off, raising yr voice is a very good weapon it alerts people, if you feel the need to carry something avoid knives or similar, if you have to carry anything, a "milwall brick" is ideal (tightly rolled newspaper or magazine) it gives you distance and smashed hard, and with purpose into someone's face will stunn them enough for you to make a getaway, or at the very least let them know you mean business.

Hopefully it won't come to that, I'm sure the police will do everything in their power to apprehend this nutcase, but people should not be any less vigillant in Turkey than they would be at home; it's yr life - take care of it!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom