ken&anne

Altinkum
British Welcome in Marmaris?
British Welcome in Marmaris? Not at the Club Armar Hotel. We've just returned from a week at this hotel. The highlight of the week was supposed to be the New Year Gala and was expecting a special party night. Over 200 Turkish people from Izmir had been invited to the party so were expecting it to be a good night. The dining hall was beautifully decorated with balloons, hats etc., and looked fantastic. The tables were laid out with room numbers reserving places. 6 very bare tables were laid out at the back of the room where the hotplates had been removed - these were the only tables reserved for the British guests. We were not allowed near the decorated area as that was reserved only for he Turks. When one young mother complained stating her 2 young daugthers couldn't even see the stage from their table and why weren't we given as much as a party hat she was dragged from the room by the manager, badly bruising her arm, and told if she embarrassed him in front of the Turkish guests he would kill her. It wasn't the Turkish guests who caused the problem as they were very friendly and welcoming. The waiting staff were embarrassed and tried their best to be helpful it was simply the management who didn't want us there even though we'd paid good money for this holiday. We've been visiting Turkey for over 15 years and enjoyed holidays in Marmaris before stopping at the Blue Bay and the Grand in the past but never expected this treatment from a Goldtrail hotel. One thing this had made our mind up on is this will be the last time we ever return to Marmaris. we've always enjoyed our holidays in Altinkham so in future we'll spend our money there you can stick Marmaris and the Armar Hotel where the sun doesn't shine! I have photos of the dining room showing the difference between the Turkish and British side but not sure how to upload them to this site.

bebs

That sounds terrible i hope you have put in a written complaint -Bebs

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
That is disgusting treatment you got. Don't understand the managers mentality in doing that to you. You would have thought that he would have welcomed you into the festivities. Hope you are going to report him.

Jeannie

EVELYNNE

evelynne
holidays over the festive season are not cheap whereever you go , you and the other british guest s have been treated awful. Were you given any idea before you arrived that this was going to happen. ? I would ask for a refund from Goldtrail, After all going away at New Year is all about joining in on the celebration with friends and others.

Shame on the management.

Go onto Tripadvisor and write a report to warn others.

good Luck ad let us know how you get on

Happy new year to you

eve

İ agree..you should report this to Goldtrail and tell them you will go to the small claims court to get your money back..they will try to fob you off but persist and file a claim..it wont cost much..i did this many years ago after a disaster in Greece..i got my money back too it took a few months but was worth it.

And also give them some bad publicity on all the Trip Advisor Turkish sub forums..im a destination expert for Alanya and at this time of the year people are starting to plan their summer holidays...so your post will be taken notice of and Goldtrial wont like it. also publish your complaint on Holiday Truths Turkish sub forum..theres a section on there for reprts on tour companies and hotels as well as resorts.
Good luck nobody should have to put up with that.
Also i wish you had taken your daughter to the police as that was an assault on her by the manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
totally agree with you Shirley , no company will want bad publicity and everyone is looking to book their hols now xmas is over. Get in there girl and report it all. what have you to lose.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Despicable behaviour, yes I agree with all other posts, report your experience on Tripadvisor, and write to Goldtrail.

Gamuret

Before you approach the company I would strongly advise you to closely examine the terms and conditions of your contract with them. There may be a clause exonerating them from the acts or ommissions of the hotel management for example.

I am sure that you must have a legal advice centre within easy reach. If not the Citizen's Advice Bureau can usually offer very good advice or refer you to somebody that can, without it costing an arm and a leg. Many solicitors also offer free initial advice.

Many years ago I was on the tour operator's side of this. I had to decide whether the complainant had sufficient legal grounds for seeking compensation (not simply a refund). Sometimes I would come across a "professional complainer" who would seek compensation for something quite innocuous (like complaining that creepy crawlies spoilt their holiday in the Caribbean, for example). It is extremely important that your complaint is submited in the correct manner, if possible drawing attention to the specific clause(s) that you consider that they have breached.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit technical, but if you can show that there is a clear breach of contract they will find it much harder to wriggle out of paying you adequate compensation.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any further information.

Tess

Very helpful Gamuret. Sounds like you know what you are talking about so a great help for the person to complain. Well done.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I would have complained to the tourist police right then and there and also contacted the Mayor about the man handling of your daughter ,
I hope you have the photographs you need also of your daughters bruises , shame its not on video did you have a rep ??? ......Diane

Gamuret

When one young mother complained stating her 2 young daugthers couldn't even see the stage from their table and why weren't we given as much as a party hat she was dragged from the room by the manager, badly bruising her arm, and told if she embarrassed him in front of the Turkish guests he would kill her.

I thought that it was the young mother who had the daughters who was assaulted, not Ken and Anne themselves. They merely witnessed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
in august my 2 neices and great nephew surprizes me by coming to marmaris they booked the armar. when they rang to say thet were there i went mental ive heard so much about this hotel.they paid a lot off money for allinclusive they couldnt eat the food the drinks was awful so they came up to mine to eat. they didnt bring alot off spends being allinclusive.so my husbamd was paying for the drinks when we were out. i will say the room was ok.but was a rip off.If they would have told me i could have booked them in the hotel in our road which is a very good allinclusive for the same price.

L

les&Tasha

ShirleyAnn has the right approach.

Write to your tour operator. Simple details of your complaint and your demand for compensation (be specific) In the letter state that unless this matter is settled within 30days you will start a case in the small claims court.

If it is not settled by the due date, file a claim for the compensation + costs on line at -

Her Majesty's Courts Service

This will focus minds! The respondant has to file official defence by the court dead line.
If not you win by default...

Be reasonable in the amount you claim. Be factual about the problems you encountered.
No business wants a CCJ against them. Most will settle a reasonable demand immediately to avoid the court process and the attendant publicity.

I have run my own business nearly all my adult life so I have done this several times. A CCJ and bailiffs has always got my money!

Les

Gail

I think you should definitely report it and put a report on trip advisor as even if it saves some other poor family going through what you have it will be worth it. We had a similar experience in Dominican Republic but it wasn't just the Brits they didn't like it was anyone who wasn't a local.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom