bickern

British warships are to set sail for Gibraltar
British warships are to set sail for Gibraltar in a show of strength in the stand-off with Spain over control of The Rock.

Three ships including the frigate HMS Westminster (above) will sail for the region on Monday even as the diplomatic row with Madrid escalates over plans for draconian border controls.

The move comes just days after Gibraltar's chief minister called for the British military to send forces into the area.

British warships set sail for Gibraltar in show of strength as diplomatic row over border controls deepens | Mail Online

------------------------------------------------------------

Good, but they should send HMS Dauntless, as well.

_62963412_dsc_0349.jpg

She can protect a task force. The £1 billion Destroyer is state of the art and represents one of the deadliest warships in the history of naval warfare.

The Destroyer’s radar system can track up to 1000 individual targets at any one time, it’s anti-aircraft/Missile Missiles are the dogs boll***s, the latest of their kind, it has Gatling-style Miniguns that can shoot down any incoming missiles that do get close (not that they will), Exocets won’t get anywhere near this thing!!

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
An unsinkable ship! im getting some deja vu here!

Pete&Mag

Gunship diplomacy. Thats a laugh these days. They cant shoot at anybody. They wont shoot at anybody. If I was Spanish I'd be Pee*** myself Laughing at such old fashioned posturing.

beyazbayan

Why don't they take İndia and Parkistan as an example and just dress themselves up in poofy outfits and strut about in a comic manner before shaking hands and wishing each other a good night. İ as a a tax payer would approve it's got to be cheaper.

Firefox

Jesus Loves You
I hope there is a new war between England and Spain over a 6km Rock. there are today something close to 3 to 3.5 Million Brits there living permanently 5 Mil on holiday at any one time.

If the Spanish follow the example of the Americans in 1942 when they in-turned all the Japanese people in America over night when war broke out after Pearl Harbour.

Such Lack of citizens will solve the entire problem of Employment,Squeeze on the NHS, Influx of Foreigners, Raid on Resources.

Uk will win as it will Vanquish the refugees to Spain.

Like when Castor Released all prisoners and send them to America.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Tee Hee Firefox is doing the schoolboy howler grammar thing again, no worries, he always forgets and lapses back into very good grammar and spelling mode.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
What could possibly go wrong?

The British politicians are acting like school children; gunboat diplomacy to de-escalate a potential crisis with an ally; posturing for the poll ratings; everything they do lately seems (like Blaire) designed to appeal to the tabloid press.

It would be better if they told the Gibraltarians to stop causing trouble.

Ian

bickern

Ian, you would be quite happy to pay a 50 Euro fee at the border each time you cross to go to work? I for one would not.

I also would not like to queue for hours at the border whilst everyone is checked out.

(The ships going to the waters are routine anyhow it appears)

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I´m not suggesting they do nothing, but use diplomacy rather than grandstanding. In the circumstances it might have been better if the ships did not go there just at this moment (even though it is a pre-scheduled visit).

It is in the interests of the Gibraltarians to keep the heat on, but the UK government does not have to let itself be led by the nose. Hague is useless as Foreign Secretary.

The FO clumsiness is evident in a number of trouble spots where they follow the US line or make their own mess of it.

Ian

Jamster

Jamster
Trotts. Nail. Head.

Beat me to it - and that 8 months was the publicly know - prob at least 6 months earlier on a governmental level.

Reminds me of the other month in Korea the Americans had planned a major op 18 months prior - yet it was 'world war III' lol!

A member of my family knows what time it is with this kind of stuff and I can assure you it takes a substantial amount of time to sort the logistics on these fantastic vessels...

Spurs

Spurs
If it kicks off will the EU have to give back The Nobel Peace Prize? Which in my mind was a bloody joke them having it in the first place.

kemerkid

Bystander
Is Normans destroyer going to be enough? One pea shooter at the front and a dalek in the middle?????????

Latest Posts

Top Bottom