bobthenob

Non Active Member
British vs Turkish Beaches
I don’t know if this was mentioned before.But l am interested in the other beaches of Turkey and comparing them to the British beaches.
How do you rate the beaches in Britian to the beaches in Turkey.
Are they suitable annd safe for children to wade in
Are they clean without the litter creating a hazard
How does the scenery compare etc.

bob baldock

Come off it mate,there is no comparison to British beaches.On the Atlantic coast streching from ANTALYA to ALANYA and beyond there is nothing but miles and miles of golden sands on their clean and safe beaches,and of coarse you can guarantee the weather

val2661

Bob Baldock I thought the Antalya / Alanya coast was actually on the Mediterranean. I also don't agree that the beaches are clean or safer than UK beaches. I love the beaches here in Alanya, but there is an awful amount of rubbish left on them daily and the undercurrent is very strong. What about Pendine Sands in Wales, or the Rock Estuary in Cornwall, unbeatable whatever the weather.

Val

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
There are a lot of beaches in Turkey that are nothing more than pebbles and stones. Admittedly there are some wonderful ones too, but they are not appreciated or looked after by the locals.
Here in Norfolk there is the likes of Holkham beach with one of the most unspoilt and beautiful stretches of sand in the country. Along with the beaches of Devon and Cornwall not to mention the Gower peninsula and so many more, Britlain is truly blessed with some great beaches.
Shame about the weather for most of the year

mafalda

When the tide is out, leaving behind a wide expanse of wet sand and rock pools - this is something I love about beaches in the UK. And this is something that the Mediterranean just cannot do! Neither can it produce waves as the Atlantic does... On the other hand, the colour and clarity of the water, combined with dramatic scenery around a small bay is perfect! Oh yes, and the water is a lot less icy too.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I've heard of shifting sands but if Antalya / Alanya beaches are now on the Atlantic coast we have big problems. Is this all to do with climate change ?

No, I think it's to do with someone not paying proper attention in Geography lessons. :48:

PASH

The med is rated as one of the dirtiest seas in the world having very little tidal flow

Bob Baldock I thought the Antalya / Alanya coast was actually on the Mediterranean. I also don't agree that the beaches are clean or safer than UK beaches. I love the beaches here in Alanya, but there is an awful amount of rubbish left on them daily and the undercurrent is very strong. What about Pendine Sands in Wales, or the Rock Estuary in Cornwall, unbeatable whatever the weather.

Val
Thank you Val.
I was born not far from the Rock Estuary in Cornwall and my aunt lived in Pendogget just outside St Minver. Bray Hill and Damar Bay fantastic!!!!
Didnt see any litter the last time I was there either or so many cigarette butts!!.
Watergate Bay,Perranporth,St Mawgan Porth all beautiful beaches and headlands.

Mr Baldock isnt getting away with that sweeping statement.
Cheers Val

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I was born and raised in Cumbria, not far from Seascale, we didn't need Ready Brek for our breakfasts, lol. Now I live on the Fylde Coast, and whilst we have the Blue Flag, Cleveleys is sometimes littered with the aftermath of usage, but we have a great clean-up campaign on-going, and the new promenade has just won it's 17th award, well worth a visit, if you're ever up this neck of the woods.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Here in Akbuk,the beaches are not natural.The sand is delivered every year before the tourist season kicks off to replenish what has been washed away from the beaches during the winter storms.The beaches are quite shallow and small.l also find broken glass near the beaches and on the shoreline which is quite dangerous for bathers.The cigarette butts are scattered all over the beach and on the shoreline.

l was told the fishermen on their boats at night discard their butts over the edge and is washed up on the beaches.l have seen many people deliberately smashing bottles on the rocks where the beaches are, causing it to splitter every where just like shrapnel.

The British beaches l find more pleasant.They are very deep and with the original sand in place.And the beaches are long and wide with beautiful scenery on the edge of the beach.

The cleaniless on the beaches is second to none,and the safety features in place are top quality.l have been to several beaches in cornwall and Kent and found them better then the beaches here in Akbuk and Altinkum.l cannot speak for the rest of the Turkish beaches since l haven't visited them.But what l have been on to what l have been to in Britian.British beaches comes tops.
Her are two photos of the cornish beaches

20acsut.jpg

2n6c4qv.jpg

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Britains coastline is endowed with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and scenery to go with them, around the Alanya area east and west the sand is not what I call sand...at least not what I would call "proper" sand, you walk on it and you are covered in dust!
Also one tends to find the beaches often littered with plastic bottles, and bags and other rubbish, not perhaps in the touristy areas though as the beach attendants give them a clean fairly regularly, but I have seen them looking a right mess.
Warren

PASH

Until i sadly moved 2 years ago, this was the view out of my house window, can't beat that considering its Scotland - The midges and the rain can drive you nuts though!

Attachments

• 0_3_4.jpg
    0_3_4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

stevecarol

Many british beaches are superb its just a same there never warm enough to use:ukflag:

val2661

Thank you Val.
I was born not far from the Rock Estuary in Cornwall and my aunt lived in Pendogget just outside St Minver. Bray Hill and Damar Bay fantastic!!!!
Didnt see any litter the last time I was there either or so many cigarette butts!!.
Watergate Bay,Perranporth,St Mawgan Porth all beautiful beaches and headlands.

Mr Baldock isnt getting away with that sweeping statement.
Cheers Val
We spent all our holidays in Rock when our children were little Terry. Now it's become Chelsea on Sea don't think I could afford a meal in The Mariners any more. As I said I love Alanya, but the coastline and beaches of Cornwall and most of the Great Britain are absolutely stunning whatever the weather.

Val

When the tide is out, leaving behind a wide expanse of wet sand and rock pools - this is something I love about beaches in the UK. And this is something that the Mediterranean just cannot do! Neither can it produce waves as the Atlantic does... On the other hand, the colour and clarity of the water, combined with dramatic scenery around a small bay is perfect! Oh yes, and the water is a lot less icy too.

Soon after my husband (Turkish) joined me in England we went to our local beach on the south coast. After about an hour he suddenly noticed the tide was going out - excitement doesn't describe it, he was like a 5 year old!! We had to stay there for hours until it started to come in again!

Mikee100

Mikee100
I live in Eastbourne on the South coast. Although we have a pebble beach (until the tide goes out) it is a beautiful part of the world. What I dont understand is that my house in Turkey overlooks Koyunbaba Bay which has been awarded the Europpean Blue Flag Beach Award, the bay is littered with rubbish and does not offer the beach patrol and other ammenities required to get the same award in the UK.
Even so I still love Koyunbaba.
Mike,

Pete&Mag

I was born and raised in Cumbria, not far from Seascale, we didn't need Ready Brek for our breakfasts, lol. Now I live on the Fylde Coast, and whilst we have the Blue Flag, Cleveleys is sometimes littered with the aftermath of usage, but we have a great clean-up campaign on-going, and the new promenade has just won it's 17th award, well worth a visit, if you're ever up this neck of the woods.

Hi Lesley. When they litter the beaches up your way they do it properly. and in a big way. didnt someone leave a freighter on the beach recently. Pete

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
I grew up on the North East coast and while it was a stunningly beautiful but barren coastline it just doesn't offer the sunshine/heat as we have over here on the Med coast.

For me Britain's coastline is uniquely beautiful & best enjoyed at the opposite ends of the seasonal spectrum...

The bracing winter walks where the cold literally bites at anything exposed or the unusually & infrequent hot weather where everyone descends upon our many glorious
beaches & there's a real happy atmosphere that we may have, at least, a couple of days of the sunshine & weather enjoyed in Europe.

I miss the sandunes and grasses that graces Britain's coastline as Konyaalti has a pebble beach.

On the plus side, i dont have sand collecting in unexpected places!!

The Pembrokishire coast has got wonderful sandy beaches,Barafundle Bay(voted one of the 10 best beaches in the world)!,Broadhaven South,Marloes Sands and of course Tenby and Saundersfoot,if only we had the WEATHER!!!!!

Andy & Sue

Top Bottom