ted j

British summer time
Just got off face time with our family in the UK
It is SOOO much easier with just the 2 hours time difference

Can anybody give a proper reason why the stubborn UK won't ditch the "put clocks back-put them forward again " rubbish?
One of the arguments was that kids would be going to school in the dark , well from what I've seen, most get dropped off nowadays

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
British summer time
I was always told it was the Scottish farmers as they needed as much sunlight as they could get for their crops and animals.But this is I believe the reason.

"Daylight Saving Time (or “Summer Time," as it's known in many parts of the world) was created to make better use of the long sunlight hours of the summer. By “springing" clocks forward an hour in March, we move an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening."

ted j

British summer time
So
Basically Trev, it then wouldn't matter if it stayed the same throughout the winter months

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
British summer time
So
Basically Trev, it then wouldn't matter if it stayed the same throughout the winter months

I have, to be honest, Ted, I aınt a clue why they mess about wıth the clocks, leave them alone I say.It has been a nıghtmare thıs wınter wıth us beıng 3 hrs ın front of the UK.But the Turks I know have been goın bonkers as theır kıds have been goıng to school ın the mornıng ın pıtch darkness, not a good thıng really.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
British summer time
British Summer Time , an oxymoron from the off . British greylight savimg more like.

Steve

bickern

British summer time
I blame Brexit, everything else seems to be due to it.

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
British summer time
Leave it on GMT all year. It is the basis for time anyway. Everywhere in the world is either GMT or GMT+ or -.

Saoirse

British summer time
Little known fact but if you don't turn your clock back ever-I have never did it- you are actually in theory a time traveller.

I only turned mine forward for the past 54 years and so effectively I have lived about 10 years into the future beyond you lot

I was able to forsee various historic events including wars, Berlin Wall, Brexit etc

Don't want to ruin surprises etc but I will certainly always remember where I was when Trump was shot by a Mexican.

And no- England never do win another trophy

Akasya

Postless Pointer
British summer time
Under 17 not included of course ?

England 17 Youth 5 - 0 Espana Orgullo Nacional Juvenil 17

Steve

Last edited:

juco

British summer time
I only turned mine forward for the past 54 years and so effectively I have lived about 10 years into the future beyond you lot

Be careful saoirse try to limit travel between areas that observe DST and those reasonable areas that do not. Frequent exposure to the extreme stress from temporal displacement at infinite speed can cause one or more (usually more) physical symptoms including blindness, strong headaches, loss of sex life, persistent anal itching, and in extreme cases terminal temporal perception disorder.

Phone calls across DST boundaries can lead to causality violation (one side of the conversation is going in the reverse temporal direction). This can lead to any of various problems, as mild as embarrassment or as serious as total de-actualization of the entire universe.

Be really careful with Daylight Saving Time do not mess with it.

susi

susi
British summer time
actually the correct fact is that the "scots" dont want their kids going to school in the dark as it gets a lot shorter daylight hours than us, allways been about the "scots "
and this is a true fact ,

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
British summer time
The school children argument does not really hold water. Change the hours and they go to school in the light, but return in the dark.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom