ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Britain Determined To Keep Turkey-EU Talks Alive
While Turkey expresses on every occasion its determination to press ahead with EU talks, it is also frustrated with Greek Cypriot attempts to hijack the accession negotiations. EU diplomats urge Ankara not to be provoked and concentrate on the opening of the environment chapter next Monday.

Here

C

Reactions: GnD

ChrisBobs

The opening of the new chapter- and it being the environemental chapter , will be a good step forward

i wonder if the turkish people actually realise that entering the EU will be the end of Turkey as a nation?

akbukowl

Maybe they will start and sort out there bent business practices .

GnD

A green perspective is to be encouraged regardless of the outcome and regardless of your views on Global warming, as all waste should be recycled as much as technology allows.

This may also encourage a change in some attitudes to the debris spoiling such stunning vistas all around Turkey. Not just down to Turkish I know.

ted j

Just wondering, can anyone say what advantages they've got out of the eu (on a personal level)

martin m

Hi all
Call me a cynic, but would it not be in Turkeys interest to go ahead with any EU talks just to see what was on the table, rather than just walk away without ever knowing,
sadly though on a different note, theres some major hurdles to be cleared in
martinso much as Greece and cyprus issues, and thats just out of the mouth of a european who knows nothing about Turkeys internal politics and any hurdles associated with them.

Neil's right!

GB got little out of joining EU, & in doing so is losing it's identity, to become a minor state of Europe.

Turkey, (if it joins) will also lose it's individuality & nationality to become subservient (as us Brits are) to the EU dream that is controlled by France & Germany.

Turkey's economy will improve dramatically next year; Greece economy is a basket case (as many EU ones are)

The Turkish way of life & legal systems take a bit of getting used to, but they are better than any EU system. In the UK, the Government stuff us in every way they can & MP's fiddle like hell.

At least in Turkey, 'commission' is legal & family 'relations & duty' are understood & I prefer this system to the UK rip off.

Turkey is in many ways bigger than the EU & if it maintains it's present 'modernisation' will be able to stand totally independent of, but affiliated to both the EU, Nato etc.

The reason so many of us love this country, is the way it is!

ChrisBobs

Hi all
Call me a cynic, but would it not be in Turkeys interest to go ahead with any EU talks just to see what was on the table, rather than just walk away without ever knowing,

Agree with you totally- the process is the most valuable thing.

Just wondering, can anyone say what advantages they've got out of the eu (on a personal level)

An excellent question...
HOPE of real change.

Hi all

Agree with you totally- the process is the most valuable thing.

An excellent question...
HOPE of real change.

Ah yes ... hope ... and change ... now where have I heard those words before? Ah yes, the winner of the Nobel Warmongering Prize.

Hope is always tomorrow. Change is only about dissatisfaction with what is with no idea about what should be. Turkey was one of the few countries in the world that was 100% self-sufficient when I first came here. Naturally, we can't have independent nations in a global economy, it just won't do at all. Enter privatisation, Ozalisation, IMFisation, World bank and the EU. Try even finding a real Turkish banana these days. In fact, next time you are in your local supermarket, see how many products are actually made in Turkey rather than imported. The EU is a fraud, globalisation is a fraud. Anyway, what's to debate. The rulers of this country will do whatever they are told, they have as little allegiance to this nation as the Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha has to the UK. (And while it's hard to track down all her investments, that lady is worth around 33 trillion; didn't see her throwing anything in the pot at Copenhagen.) And have you noticed, you can't leave your door open these days ... grumble grumble grumble ...

The EU is run by unelected commisars that are ever more quickly regulating every aspect of our lives. Who would want to join that?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom