oldfogy

Just passing through
Bristol Coach station
Has anyone any knowledge or ever caught the bus to Bristol Airport from Bristol Coach station. Although I was told by a NE driver they run every 10 minutes.

Because National Express does not seem to run to Bristol Airport on the day I'm looking at (17th April 2019 returning on 15 June 2019, but they do run to Bristol Coach station on that day.

I do not have anything fixed yet so I'm just trying to get the feel of things just in-case I have to make separate arrangements.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Bristol Coach station
Yes a big help thanks. only thing is it wont allow me to book the return journey I though 'maybe to far in advance' but no tried a much earlier date and still no joy, but I'll sort it and the NE driver I spoke to said the bus runs every 10 minutes, so at least I know it's now a possibility.

but/and it's only a extra £2.00 to pay on the bus so just turn up.

Last edited:

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Bristol Coach station
I had the same problem with the dates, it looks like you can book a return but it is a bit fiddly, I just tried 17th Feb. return 24th April. which was accepted, so nearer the time, you might be able to get the dates you want.

I learnt something as I have never seen this bus go through Ashton, only West Street, apparently there are 2 buses. The second one Bristol City Centre to Bristol Airport £4.50 single.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Bristol Coach station
As it's only a extra £1 to pay on-board against booking on-line that is what I will probably do, because also and initially having problems with booking through National Express to the airport which changes at Bristol anyway to the local bus, so why pay NE just for taking a booking and this way it leaves me a bit freer to pick and chose my times.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Bristol Coach station
Not sure if this is an option for you, do you drive? If so and can drive to Ashton Vale, Bristol, you are more than welcome to park in the front of my property, offroad and gated.
Brook Gate (this opened last year) part of the new South Bristol Link Road is a 9min walk away, but if your arrival and departure times were reasonable, I can drive you to there or West Street (£4.50 single bus), and will even throw in tea and biccies :)

oldfogy

Just passing through
Bristol Coach station
Thanks Struggs, yes I do drive and will keep it in mind for the future, although this year is all taken care of for April and September for Stansted but nothing booked yet for next year, my main problem with driving though is since having eye surgery I have to limit myself to daylight driving so will obviously depend on flight times. And if I can also extend the curtsey should you ever be flying from Birmingham airport I only live a short drive away open plan forecourt but quite safe & secure.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Bristol Coach station
Thank you, sadly I don't get to go abroad now, my friend who I used to go to Altinkum with, passed away a couple of years ago. Really miss Altinkum and the people I knew over there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom