teresa

Free Thinker
Bringing car over yearly
This was mentioned recently as I have friends who bring their car over from the UK for 6 months each year. Their cars had each done two 6 month spells and the query arose as to whether you could only do this twice for each car - as they believed.

They wrote to Turkish Touring:

I have brought my car into Turkey past 2 years for 6 month periods per year.
Am I able to bring the same car into the country next year for a further 6 months?

Could you please clarify the legal position.

And this was the reply:

Thank you for your question,

Unless you exceed the time period written in your passport after you enter the country, you can bring your car every single year.

If you have any other question please do not hesitate to ask,

Sooooo do we interpret this as 6 months every year?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Bringing car over yearly
You can interpret it any way you like but when they get stopped at the border and told they can't bring the car(s) in because it/they've exceeded their time limit, I bet they'll get no sense or help out of Turkish Touring then. :wink:

RIK

Bringing car over yearly
I agree with KKOB. You cannot do it no matter what Turing says.I have to visit Turing in Antalya shortly and will ask the question but I know what the answer will be unless they have changed the rules.

Ian

teresa

Free Thinker
Bringing car over yearly
Thanks Rik, that would be nice. They know they are chancing things if they do so that isn't really the problem.

They go back to the UK in a few weeks and can perhaps query at the border as well.

hawkander

Bringing car over yearly
Does anyone know the cost of putting your vehicle into airport customs, if you leave the country, also can you drive out of Turkey and re enter in the six month period, with the same vehicle?

teresa

Free Thinker
Bringing car over yearly
You can interpret it any way you like but when they get stopped at the border and told they can't bring the car(s) in because it/they've exceeded their time limit, I bet they'll get no sense or help out of Turkish Touring then. :wink:

They interpreted correctly and are back in Turkey!

Fastlady

Bringing car over yearly
Bringing this back to the top....does anyone know anything further about this issue. Also, I've just heard that the rules for having a car here permanently for pensioners has also changed in that you don't need to leave a bond. Does anyone know anything more about this?
Thanks

SLEEPY

Bringing car over yearly
Sorry for going slightly off thread but if u have two passports (Irish/British) is it possible to enter with your EU car for six months on one passport, then leave turkey and reenter for another six months with the car on the second passport.?
Or is it the case that they track the car details on their computer system rather than the passport that the car entered and exited on.

Bringing car over yearly
As far as I found out they only record registration number so when your time is up go back to UK for say 1 month & re register the car with new plate,get new docs with new reg number & presto start again hopefully.

Bluebell

Bringing car over yearly
They take down the chassis number too so swopping number reg plates will be pointless. There are no loopholes unfortunately.

I know of someone who ended up in prison for this and his family back in England had to raise flaiming thousands of pounds to get him released, and he still lost his car.

teresa

Free Thinker
Bringing car over yearly
Sorry I had not followed this on. My friends are now in with their car and it is the 3rd time they have brought it over. There were no problems at all.

To be honest, they had it confirmed by 3 official sources from Turkey that they could do this and the forum could point to no "official" source that said you could not - it was all heresay etc. They went with what the Turkish officials said and had no problems at all.

We could not understand why Turkey would not let in tourists with camper vans etc more than twice for holidays.

myrajane

Bringing car over yearly
If you have a residence permit can you bring in the car for six months each year as well. Also a friend told me that she had heard that the bond for keeping your car in the country has gone down, has anybody else heard about this.

sygnylmz

Bringing car over yearly
Why don't you buy a new car from here?

If you

- have a work permit
- are retired
- are a student or a lecturer

then you can purchase any car you want tax free. 2nd hand market is healthy too. Just look into it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom