Dukesy

Dukesy
Bringing C.D.s etc.
I know it's not worth briging electrical goods into Turkey but is there any restriction on c.d.s , d.v.ds. etc

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Bringing C.D.s etc.
I can't for the life of me see why or even how there could be. They completely disregard the copyright laws here, shouldn't be a problem me would thinks.

Bob

lynne

Bringing C.D.s etc.
No problem with disks , CD or DVD.
I would bring them without the box though, as less bulk & weight when packing in the suitcase.

Bringing C.D.s etc.
Yalimart is correct with the limit on CD's. We brought in about 400 CD's and DVD's - we put them in those wallett type holders and packed them inside clothes and bedding in the vaccum type sucky bags. We also had them all on a separate hard drive.

Sue

ted j

Bringing C.D.s etc.
Any idea how i would get on, I want to bring my electric guitar (should be no problem)( the one on the left) but also a foot controller (it's a thing about 20 inches long, 12 inches wide and 2 inches deep with pedals and push switches and goes on the floor) it is used for plugging the guitar into then a lead from it goes to an amplifier. You can pre-program almost any sound in it (eg Shadows type sound or Brian May sound and when you hit the right button, your guitar has that sound). Just wondering how i'd get on bringing it through customs, because it can't record or recieve radio signals. Ted

goatie

Goatie
Bringing C.D.s etc.
I brought out a Fender Strat and effects pedal without any problems. I took the neck off the guitar and packed it all in a case, wrapped in towels and clothes for protection.

Dukesy

Dukesy
Bringing C.D.s etc.
Thanks to all for the info. As my wife and I intend to move to Dalyan, hopefully this summer/autumn I will probably be asking more advice. Thanks again.

Last edited:

edeller

Bringing C.D.s etc.
Any idea how i would get on, I want to bring my electric guitar (should be no problem)( the one on the left) but also a foot controller (it's a thing about 20 inches long, 12 inches wide and 2 inches deep with pedals and push switches and goes on the floor) it is used for plugging the guitar into then a lead from it goes to an amplifier. You can pre-program almost any sound in it (eg Shadows type sound or Brian May sound and when you hit the right button, your guitar has that sound). Just wondering how i'd get on bringing it through customs, because it can't record or recieve radio signals. Ted

Are you considering checking the guitar into the hold?

If so please dont unless you are prepared for it to be damaged. Its very risky.

My partner never checks his saxophones in, its his living and the instruments are worth thousands. I know a guitarist who books a separate seat for his guitar if need be! For musicians they are an extension of themselves, cant be replaced, they are worn in by them and produce their signature sound. Not as simple as claiming on insurance or just buying another one.

Just a heads up :) I expect youve thought about the risks.
Emma

Latest Posts

Top Bottom