Mushtaq

Founding Member
Bringing back Olive oil?
Has anyone bought back olive oil from Turkey, are there any problems? Is it worth the hassle?

I was thinking to bring some back but not sure how to transport it back, as there don't seem to be any suitable containers.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Bringing back Olive oil?
Has anyone bought back olive oil from Turkey, are there any problems? Is it worth the hassle?

I was thinking to bring some back but not sure how to transport it back, as there don't seem to be any suitable containers.

Could be messy! What quantity are you talking about?

C

kaplumba

Bringing back Olive oil?
I wrap it in bubble wrap and a few plastic bags just in case and put it in my hold luggage. It has always arrived safely.

gren

Bringing back Olive oil?
You should be able to get manufactured 3 litre metal containers of olive oil and these are totally leakproof.

Last edited:

teresa

Free Thinker
Bringing back Olive oil?
I bought a couple of fancy grape embossed bottles with the kilner jar type stopper for 3ytl each and my sister took them back as gifts filled up with organic olive oil. She said the bottles would cost a tenner in the UK without the oil. The stoppers worked a treat in the suitcase.

A nice gift idea once the Turkish Delight and T shirts have been done to death.

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Bringing back Olive oil?
Always took back Olive oil,the 5lt tinned one,i use a hard case and just wrap with towels and it's always been alright.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Bringing back Olive oil?
Is it any cheaper than the supermarkets here?

Didn't really compare the prices, but last time I browsed Olive oil in Migros it was about the same price as the UK.

Although the prices in the market is probably lot less, but not sure, anyone checked olive oil prices? We only use virgin olive oil in cooking but buy locally in UK, usually Spanish at around £18-20 for 5 Litre.

civciv

Bringing back Olive oil?
Im lucky as I get my olive oil free from my partner's own olive trees plus olives! I bring it back in small water bottles in my hand luggage and put sticky tape around the lid to avoid leaks. But I dont think Id bother carting it back from Turkey as you can get decent oil in Aldi etc these days.

gwendy

gwendy
Bringing back Olive oil?
I find the safest way to take or bring back any bottles or jars is to use childrens swimming arm bands, just put bottle inside them,blow them up and they always get there safe,

Reactions: CJD

Latest Posts

Top Bottom