Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
Really , alva what have you got on him i wonder , what did he say would be the outcome ov a yeas vote , immediately , he was correct regarding the tanking of the pound of course and leave was seriously wrong on that very important issue , what else ?

Steve

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
Mmmm can anyone predict the EUs future, seems everyone can predict the UKs but not the EUs..........must be all rosy across the EU but WHERE?
I still await for someone to point out to me six happy EU member states...........

Spurs , by happy or unhappy what do you actually mean ?

How are you quantifying this issue ?

Seems a bit nebulous to me

Steve

Brexit Guide
Spurs , by happy or unhappy what do you actually mean ?

How are you quantifying this issue ?

Seems a bit nebulous to me

Steve

I mean exactly what I said, can anyone name six EU member states who (a) that do not have pending ECJ court cases against them filed by Brussels (b) member states who have filed ECJ court cases against Brussels themselves (c) who are not being threatened with financial penalties for their national stance on refugees/asylum seekers/migrants/free movement (d) are battling with Brussels over fiscal policies that are keeping some member states in austerity (e) the secretive decision making & backdoor dealing that Brussels does with lobbyists (f) their complete denial of their OWN EU Ombudsman's report findings, along with Transparency Internationals findings (g) the in house fighting that's now becoming commonplace between EU member states (h) the scandalous lack of investigating fraud & wrongdoing in Brussels & EU member states over the public purse.

I could go further down the alphabet but............there's enough there to get your teeth into. Back to the start, ANY SIX member states will do. The analogy of the UK leaving has been about a "golf club", would that be a golf club you would want to join?
Be sure of this, anyone who can name six, I will be dissecting those named six because I don't believe that there are six.

Populists IMO will cane the EU in May, then the sparks will start to fly.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
None of that you state mesns sny country per se is unhappy

Just day to day business , ok half of the uk is unhappy , anyone else voted to exit the eu, not even the Catalans in Spain as far as i can see , you are getting confused , i bet there is no country in the world that is not engaged in trade , business , tariff or inter border disputes and litigation .

Every body is happy which is why so many countries clamour to join , it is not compulsory to join no matter what you may read in the right wing bog paper press .

Steve

Last edited:
Brexit Guide

Just day to day business , ok half of the uk is unhappy , anyone else voted to exit the eu, not even the Catalans in Spain as far as i can see , you are getting confused , i bet there is no country in the world that is not engaged in trade , business , tariff or inter border disputes and litigation .

Every body is happy which is why so many countries clamour to join , it is not compulsory to join no matter what you may read in the right wing bog paper press .

Steve

Well name the happy ones?

Steve, its not a case of who wants to be in what, its how this nation voted. Business will continue in some shape or form simply because that's what business does.
I don't think the UK should continue to subscribe to this self regulating corrupt organisation. Huge amounts of monies squandered, huge amounts of monies fraudulently claimed & misused..........why would I sign up for that?
Reform it from the inside they say..........shouldn't have to reform theft/fraud, you just nick the culprits, I don't know anyone who has actually been nicked (might be the odd one or two) but there's billions & billions that's unaccounted for.

enoch

Brexit Guide

Steve

They are clambering to join to see what they can get for nothing .

bickern

Brexit Guide
NEIL and Glenys Kinnock came under fire from critics as details of their estimated £10m European earnings were calculated by a pressure group.

Campaigners from Open Europe, which argues for greater transparency, calculated the pair’s multi-million-pound earnings from allowances, wages and pension entitlements over a 15-year period.

It worked out their salaries and perks included:

A total of £775,000 in wages for Mrs Kinnock and £1.85m for her husband, adding up to £2,625,000;

Allowances for Mrs Kinnock’s staff and office costs of £2.9m;

A £64,564 “entertainment allowance” for Lord Kinnock;

A total of five publicly-funded pensions, worth £4.4m, allowing them to retire on £183,000 a year;

A housing allowance that allowed them both to claim accommodation costs even though, as a married couple, they lived in the same house in the Belgian capital between 1995 and 2004.

The TaxPayers’ Alliance campaign manager Susie Squire yesterday attacked the scale of the earnings.

She said: “It does seem an awful lot, but anyone who has experience of the Brussels gravy train will be able to believe these figures.

“There are lots of eurocrats on massive pensions and massive salaries living the five-star lifestyle at taxpayers’ expense.

“Brussels isn’t at all transparent. It’s very difficult to get information about money which is being spent in the first place.”

Ukip’s newly-elected Wales MEP John Bufton said he was “appalled” at the amounts paid.

“It’s quite incredible and unbelievable,” he added. “The Welsh public will see this as an absolute farce.

“And the thought that Gordon Brown is so desperate he has to bring in Glenys Kinnock shows the whole thing just stinks.”

Asked by the Western Mail what he wanted to say about yesterday’s revelations, former European Union Transport Commissioner Lord Kinnock, 67, replied: “Nothing, absolutely nothing.”

Quizzed as to whether the figures reported were accurate, the former MP for Islwyn, who led the Labour Party to two general election defeats before quitting in 1992 then spending 10 years in Brussels, said: “I’m not making any form of response.”

Earlier this month, Mrs Kinnock, 64, quit as an MEP after 15 years. Last Sunday Labour lost one of its two European Parliament seats in Wales to Ukip as Labour came second to the Conservatives in Wales, capping a disastrous election performance.

Mrs Kinnock is to be given a life peerage and appointed to succeed Caroline Flint who resigned as Europe Minister, saying she was not content to be Gordon Brown’s “female window dressing”.

Yesterday, a spokeswoman for the Kinnocks, whose property portfolio includes a £815,000 home in Islington, North London and a £700,000 house in Peterston- super-Ely, outside Cardiff, disputed just one of Open Europe’s figures – a “transition allowance” Lord Kinnock received when he left Brussels in 2004, worth £355,143 at today’s exchange rate. She said the true figure was lower, but refused to reveal it.

Open Europe estimated Mrs Kinnock’s travel costs based on MEPs’ average.

It estimated she spent £1,179,482 for travel between Britain and the Continent over 15 years, and £45,777 for travel outside the EU.

During 10 years in Brussels, Lord Kinnock automatically received residential allowances totalling £276,962.

On Lord Kinnock’s income and perks, the spokeswoman said: “All of these details are a matter of public record.”

Based on Open Europe’s calculations, they will receive a combined annual pension of about £183,000.

According to the Mail on Sunday, the think-tank said Mrs Kinnock can expect £67,835 a year from two pensions as an MEP: one a £19,370 basic pension and the other £48,465 from the European Parliament’s Additional Voluntary Pension Scheme which sees the taxpayer paying £2 for every £1 put into the pot by MEPs.

Her new ministerial pay package will be used to top up contributions to the basic MEP pension. She already claims a teacher’s pension.

Lord Kinnock receives an ex-MP’s pension, thought to be £32,000 a year.

He has a second pension as a former EU Commissioner, worth more than £80,000.

The Kinnocks have also built up a valuable property portfolio, with homes in London and Wales.

In 1992, they bought a house in Ealing, West London, for £445,000. They sold it in January 2007 for £1,515,000 and bought a smart three-storey property.

Other members of the family have also benefited from Europe. Son Stephen’s first job after Cambridge University was as a research assistant to an MEP.

His Danish wife Helle – tipped as a future prime minister of Denmark – sat as an MEP from 1999 to 2004, while the Kinnocks’ daughter Rachel was her mother’s research assistant at the European Parliament.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that was six years ago so what are the current figures?

Last edited:

enoch

Brexit Guide
NEIL and Glenys Kinnock came under fire from critics as details of their estimated £10m European earnings were calculated by a pressure group.

Campaigners from Open Europe, which argues for greater transparency, calculated the pair’s multi-million-pound earnings from allowances, wages and pension entitlements over a 15-year period.

It worked out their salaries and perks included:

A total of £775,000 in wages for Mrs Kinnock and £1.85m for her husband, adding up to £2,625,000;

Allowances for Mrs Kinnock’s staff and office costs of £2.9m;

A £64,564 “entertainment allowance” for Lord Kinnock;

A total of five publicly-funded pensions, worth £4.4m, allowing them to retire on £183,000 a year;

A housing allowance that allowed them both to claim accommodation costs even though, as a married couple, they lived in the same house in the Belgian capital between 1995 and 2004.

The TaxPayers’ Alliance campaign manager Susie Squire yesterday attacked the scale of the earnings.

She said: “It does seem an awful lot, but anyone who has experience of the Brussels gravy train will be able to believe these figures.

“There are lots of eurocrats on massive pensions and massive salaries living the five-star lifestyle at taxpayers’ expense.

“Brussels isn’t at all transparent. It’s very difficult to get information about money which is being spent in the first place.”

Ukip’s newly-elected Wales MEP John Bufton said he was “appalled” at the amounts paid.

“It’s quite incredible and unbelievable,” he added. “The Welsh public will see this as an absolute farce.

“And the thought that Gordon Brown is so desperate he has to bring in Glenys Kinnock shows the whole thing just stinks.”

Asked by the Western Mail what he wanted to say about yesterday’s revelations, former European Union Transport Commissioner Lord Kinnock, 67, replied: “Nothing, absolutely nothing.”

Quizzed as to whether the figures reported were accurate, the former MP for Islwyn, who led the Labour Party to two general election defeats before quitting in 1992 then spending 10 years in Brussels, said: “I’m not making any form of response.”

Earlier this month, Mrs Kinnock, 64, quit as an MEP after 15 years. Last Sunday Labour lost one of its two European Parliament seats in Wales to Ukip as Labour came second to the Conservatives in Wales, capping a disastrous election performance.

Mrs Kinnock is to be given a life peerage and appointed to succeed Caroline Flint who resigned as Europe Minister, saying she was not content to be Gordon Brown’s “female window dressing”.

Yesterday, a spokeswoman for the Kinnocks, whose property portfolio includes a £815,000 home in Islington, North London and a £700,000 house in Peterston- super-Ely, outside Cardiff, disputed just one of Open Europe’s figures – a “transition allowance” Lord Kinnock received when he left Brussels in 2004, worth £355,143 at today’s exchange rate. She said the true figure was lower, but refused to reveal it.

Open Europe estimated Mrs Kinnock’s travel costs based on MEPs’ average.

It estimated she spent £1,179,482 for travel between Britain and the Continent over 15 years, and £45,777 for travel outside the EU.

During 10 years in Brussels, Lord Kinnock automatically received residential allowances totalling £276,962.

On Lord Kinnock’s income and perks, the spokeswoman said: “All of these details are a matter of public record.”

Based on Open Europe’s calculations, they will receive a combined annual pension of about £183,000.

According to the Mail on Sunday, the think-tank said Mrs Kinnock can expect £67,835 a year from two pensions as an MEP: one a £19,370 basic pension and the other £48,465 from the European Parliament’s Additional Voluntary Pension Scheme which sees the taxpayer paying £2 for every £1 put into the pot by MEPs.

Her new ministerial pay package will be used to top up contributions to the basic MEP pension. She already claims a teacher’s pension.

Lord Kinnock receives an ex-MP’s pension, thought to be £32,000 a year.

He has a second pension as a former EU Commissioner, worth more than £80,000.

The Kinnocks have also built up a valuable property portfolio, with homes in London and Wales.

In 1992, they bought a house in Ealing, West London, for £445,000. They sold it in January 2007 for £1,515,000 and bought a smart three-storey property.

Other members of the family have also benefited from Europe. Son Stephen’s first job after Cambridge University was as a research assistant to an MEP.

His Danish wife Helle – tipped as a future prime minister of Denmark – sat as an MEP from 1999 to 2004, while the Kinnocks’ daughter Rachel was her mother’s research assistant at the European Parliament.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that was six years ago so what are the current figures?

Can any one justify them expenses .

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
Countries
Austria Italy
Belgium Latvia
Bulgaria Lithuania
Croatia Luxembourg
Cyprus Malta
Czechia Netherlands
Denmark Poland
Estonia Portugal
Finland Romania
France Slovakia
Germany Slovenia
Greece Spain
Hungary Sweden
Ireland Uk only nearly half and half of those voting about 20% i imagine

Any said they intend to leave apart from us , and we cannot even get past the checkout .

Steve

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
Spurs you cannot credit anyone being paid to be a commissioner , be honest .

Which of them do you consider worth their hire ?

Why pick on Kinnock , oh i know the right wing bog wipe press hate him , and trash him , simples .

Is he worse than any other commissioner ?

Steve

Last edited:

enoch

Brexit Guide

Why pick on Kinnock , oh i know the right wing bog wipe press hate him , and trash him , simples .

Steve

I agree he is no worse than any one they are all paid to much.

Brexit Guide

Steve

I pick Kinnock because he's known to us in the UK, I could've thrown a load of names over, followed by "who are ya". I can assure you, its nothing to do with any "wing". They either failed to achieve in national politics or had their hands in the till.

Here’s a well known name for you, Barroso, another bandit.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
So nothing factual , merely another eu bashing exercise , any old excuse with not a single justification .

Playground stuff at the very worst .

Steve

Brexit Guide
So nothing factual , merely another eu bashing exercise , any old excuse with not a single justification .

Playground stuff at the very worst .

Steve

Factual about Barroso? It was a fact that there were calls for his pension to be penalised, after secretly lobbying for Goldman Sachs in a hotel room & failing to put him name in the register for said meeting.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
And spurs i note your insistent campaigning on here regarding the corruption in UK politics , not , merely an excuse to bash the EU , the gutter press really have done well with you .

Steve

Brexit Guide
And spurs i note your insistent campaigning on here regarding the corruption in UK politics , not , merely an excuse to bash the EU , the gutter press really have done well with you .

Steve

What’s up Steve, can’t you cope with the truth about how the EU rolls? Gutter press, no I’m giving you facts, the reports on Barroso are documented & available for public viewing.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit Guide
What's up chips , cant stand the truth , uk corruption extant but you pretend it is only in the EU ,,,,, priceless .

As always you sweep the UK corruption under the carpet so you can vent your spleen re the EU , own up to yourself at least .

Steve

Brexit Guide
What's up chips , cant stand the truth , uk corruption extant but you pretend it is only in the EU ,,,,, priceless .

As always you sweep the UK corruption under the carpet so you can vent your spleen re the EU , own up to yourself at least .

Steve

Heres the difference, WE can deal with OUR corruption, how do WE deal with the EUs corruption? Did you or any of us have the power to vote Barroso out when he was a Commissionaire? Do we have an power, say or Rights over the EU Commission?
I'm sure we can list MPs from all Parties here in the UK who have been up to something, a Labour Peterborough MP was only jailed a couple of weeks back......that's dealing with our corruption.

Barroso was caught bang to rights, its a revolving door for this crowd.

https://algarvebusinessdirectory.pt...aught-lobbying-for-goldman-sachs-despite-ban/

Latest Posts

Top Bottom