Brexit going forward
Show me a link to the EU law that allowed them to enforce this on ANY country. The EU would have had to go through the parliamentary procedure and policy decisions of this type would require the unanimous support of all members to make into law.

As a result, the process was entirely voluntary and you're just talking rubbish
One link provided.......

So was the EU President lying when she said, “it was legally binding”?

Camden

Brexit going forward
One link provided.......

No, what she said was true, if taken in context ... She didn't want any damage done to the 27s agreed on 1st advance collective purchase agreement, at a critical time, by breaking from a bound legal agreement with individual countries trying at that time and possibly damaging the collective agreement by poaching from that order by making separate competing deals ( possibly offering a higher price to get more for their Country )...

The EU’s anti-fraud office OLAF said ... The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively but member states can also decide to negotiate separate agreements outside the commission’s umbrella as long as they don’t compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU’s executive arm.

Last edited:

Chasey

Brexit going forward
One link provided.......

No

Countries who signed up to the deal were legally bound by the deal they signed.

Countries that didn't sign the deal were not

Get it?

Germany who were are all told runs the EU got in trouble for doing a side deal???? Strange the country that runs the EU is being told off like that by one assumes, itself?

Camden

Brexit going forward
Why Brexit made top UK wine seller move to France amid spiraling costs and red tape

For 30 years, Daniel Lambert ran a thriving wine business from the UK — but on New Year's Day in 2021 everything changed.

The completion of Brexit saw his costs spiral — with trading requirements starting a £150,000-a-year leak in his firm that he proudly "started up with a fiver".

Now, Lambert, 50, has moved to southern France to run his company in hopes of cutting down on "red tape" expenses.

Brexit going forward
No

Countries who signed up to the deal were legally bound by the deal they signed.

Countries that didn't sign the deal were not

Get it?

Germany who were are all told runs the EU got in trouble for doing a side deal???? Strange the country that runs the EU is being told off like that by one assumes, itself?
Excuse me Chasey, as the article said, “ALL 27 member states signed up to it & it was legally binding”.
So in your own words, “Germany runs the EU”, is that what people across the EU signed up for, that comment alone would be offensive to some countries.
Poland recently derived both Germany and France for doing exactly what you’ve said.......where’s the equal partnership/membership?

Over the Covid vaccines, the only reason Hungary got away with it was because Germany was discreetly doing exactly the same thing.

Last edited:

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Excuse me Chasey, as the article said, “ALL 27 member states signed up to it & it was legally binding”.
So in your own words, “Germany runs the EU”, is that what people across the EU signed up for, that comment alone would be offensive to some countries.
Poland recently derived both Germany and France for doing exactly what you’ve said.......where’s the equal partnership/membership?

Over the Covid vaccines, the only reason Hungary got away with it was because Germany was discreetly doing exactly the same thing.

Yes if they signed up to it they are bound to it

Point is they DIDN'T have to sign up to it no more than we had to sign up to the NI agreement that we are now disputing. And no not just Hungary

Denmark, Austria, Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic have all joined Hungary in breaking ranks with the EU’s vaccination strategy by going beyond Europe's borders for doses

Brexit going forward
Yes if they signed up to it they are bound to it

Point is they DIDN'T have to sign up to it no more than we had to sign up to the NI agreement that we are now disputing. And no not just Hungary

Denmark, Austria, Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic have all joined Hungary in breaking ranks with the EU’s vaccination strategy by going beyond Europe's borders for doses
No Chasey, the point is ALL 27 did sign up for it. The Commission refused outright to give contract details to member states, details they did hand over were heavily redacted......starting with the cost. Last I heard, they were being taken to court over transparency or the lack of.

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
No, what she said was true, if taken in context ... she didn't want any damage done to the 27s agreed on 1st advance collective purchase agreement, at a critical time, by breaking from a bound legal agreement with individual countries trying at that time and possibly damaging the collective agreement by poaching from that order by making separate competing deals ( possibly offering a higher price to get more for their Country )...

The EU’s anti-fraud office OLAF said ... The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively but member states can also decide to negotiate separate agreements outside the commission’s umbrella as long as they don’t compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU’s executive arm.
No Camden, that's not what she said & if you have a link to VDL saying that, I'd appreciate you sharing it.

"The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively"

Camden that comment relates to "after the event".
Here's what the President of the EU said prior to the EUs procurement scheme going pear shaped.

Camden

Brexit going forward
One link provided.......

No, what she said was true, if taken in context/ ... She didn't want any damage done to the 27s agreed on 1st advance collective purchase agreement, at a critical time, by breaking from a bound legal agreement with individual countries trying at that time and possibly damaging the collective agreement by poaching from that order by making separate competing deals ( possibly offering a higher price to get more for their Country )...

No Camden, that's not what she said & if you have a link to VDL saying that, I'd appreciate you sharing it.

Camden that comment relates to "after the event".
Here's what the President of the EU said prior to the EUs procurement scheme going pear shaped.

I did not say VDL said this "The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively" and easy to check as I have my post again above and highlighted what I was answering

You asked

I answered
Camden said:
No, what she said was true, if taken in context ..

You have just taken "The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively" and put it in inverted commas and said I said ..... she had said it

I never but what I did say though, was The EU’s anti-fraud office OLAF said ... The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively but member states can also decide to negotiate separate agreements outside the commission’s umbrella as long as they don’t compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU’s executive arm.

If you are going to quote my post, to try and prove me wrong it's better you understand it, and quote it correctly .. thx

Brexit going forward
I did not say VDL said this "The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively" and easy to check as I have my post again above and highlighted what I was answering

You asked

I answered

You have just taken "The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively" and put it in inverted commas and said I said ..... she had said it

I never but what I did say though, was The EU’s anti-fraud office OLAF said ... The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively but member states can also decide to negotiate separate agreements outside the commission’s umbrella as long as they don’t compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU’s executive arm.

If you are going to quote my post, to try and prove me wrong it's better you understand it, and quote it correctly .. thx
No Camden, I’m not trying to prove you wrong, I’m showing you what the President of the EU actually said. No opinions from anyone else but straight from the horses mouth.
As said, what OALF has stated was after VDLs statement & as far as I know, VDL is “the word”.

Camden

Brexit going forward
No Camden, I’m not trying to prove you wrong, I’m showing you what the President of the EU actually said. No opinions from anyone else but straight from the horses mouth.
As said, what OALF has stated was after VDLs statement & as far as I know, VDL is “the word”.

That's not what you said, you said I had said VDL said it ...by adding your own inverted comma's.

When quite plainly that was untrue, as in my post the only "said" was OALF's ... the clue was in the words ... " OALF said " ..
.My post was to flesh out the reasoning behind her comments, taken in the context of the time.

Brexit going forward
That's not what you said, you said I had said VDL said it ...by adding your own inverted comma's.

When quite plainly that was untrue, as in my post the only "said" was OALF's ... the clue was in the words ... " OALF said " ..
.My post was to flesh out the reasoning behind her comments, taken in the context of the time.
What’s untrue? Did VDL say it or not, did she say, no parallel negotiations or not?
The reasoning behind OLAFs comments, without checking I’d say OLAF comments came after VDLs. Because at that stage the EU was in a position of wanting. The EU at the time of VDLs comments had but one task, to procure vaccines.....they blew it.

Last edited:

Camden

Brexit going forward
The question is easy, did I say as you alleged ?

35pluschips said:

Or did I say ... OALF said?

Camden Said
The EU’s anti-fraud office OLAF said ... The EU has bought vaccine doses collectively but member states can also decide to negotiate separate agreements outside the commission’s umbrella as long as they don’t compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU’s executive arm. king as they don't compete with the advance purchase agreement negotiated by the EU's excuutative arm .

Brexit going forward
The question is easy, did I say as you alleged ?

Or did I say ... OALF said?
I refer you to what the EU President stated,
NO parallel negotiations, NO contracts.
Work it out for yourself. Even MEPs ripped into VDL & the Commission at the time. They fell short.

Camden

Brexit going forward
As seen you can't answer the most simplest of questions put, even when seeing it in black and white ... So the likelihood of understanding things in context is minimal ... so little use in ctnd.

Brexit going forward
As seen you can't answer the most simplest of questions put, even when seeing it in black and white ... So the likelihood of understanding things in context is minimal ... so little use in ctnd.
I don’t need to answer, the EU President made the comments, its you who doesn’t accept them......
“In the context” so on hearing VDLs statement, did SHE give hers and the Commissions consent for member states to freely negotiate & sign contracts with pharmaceuticals? NO !!

Camden

Brexit going forward
What was it Mark Twain said a bit harsh but true .. "never argue with the stuupid as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Chasey

Brexit going forward
No Chasey, the point is ALL 27 did sign up for it. The Commission refused outright to give contract details to member states, details they did hand over were heavily redacted......starting with the cost. Last I heard, they were being taken to court over transparency or the lack of.

Your talking round in circles

Yes they did but NO THEY WERE NOT FORCED TO BY SOME EU DICTAT

It was voluntary on their part.

19 countries signed up to use the Euro but Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden, and the United Kingdom didn't?

26 countries signed up to the Schengen agreement. We didn't, neither did Bulgaria Cyprus Ireland and Croatia

Explain please how these countries managed to decline these seemingly definitive EU systems of free movement and single currency if they were ruled with the iron fist of the EU?

STOP kidding yourself that we were EVER ruled by the EU, it stupid childish nonsense you tell yourself at night to make you feel better about the massive problems you and fellow Brexit supporters have brought upon the UK

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
Your talking round in circles

Yes they did but NO THEY WERE NOT FORCED TO BY SOME EU DICTAT

It was voluntary on their part.

19 countries signed up to use the Euro but Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden, and the United Kingdom didn't?

26 countries signed up to the Schengen agreement. We didn't, neither did Bulgaria Cyprus Ireland and Croatia

Explain please how these countries managed to decline these seemingly definitive EU systems of free movement and single currency if they were ruled with the iron fist of the EU?

STOP kidding yourself that we were EVER ruled by the EU, it stupid childish nonsense you tell yourself at night to make you feel better about the massive problems you and fellow Brexit supporters have brought upon the UK
gammonisation mate as " cured " by the brit media.
lies as ever lies compounded by lies .
Steve

Top Bottom