Chasey

Brexit going forward
Come 2024 the EU could be a completely different animal.
It took the EU months/years to stand up to Russia, now there’s a potential China issue. Will the EU back the US over their China stance like the US has backed the EU over Russia?
Germany has manipulated the EU financially for years & now? Germany holds out a begging bowl for energy from other member states.......it’s all change for the EU over the next few years IMO.

I am sure it tickles all the right spots for you to believe this drivel but it is ridiculous

The EUs monetary policy was for a long period at the mercy of the USA and when the USA canceled the gold standard in 72 (I think) and the Bretton Woods system collapsed the entire EU were at the mercy of Dolla hegemony. The EU retaliated by creating the Euro which stabilise the economy by putting the benefits and failures of 20+ countries all in the same boat and allowed the Euro to stand strong against the dollar and removed USA control over Europe

America did all it could to prevent this loss of control over us

Kissinger: … I basically have only one view right now which is to do as much as we can to prevent a united European position without showing our hand. … I don't think a unified European monetary system is in our interest.

The entire Euro system was backed by the Deutschmark. This had become a strong currency with trusted governance and one could easily argue the Euro is its direct replacement

As a result, the German banks have had to support the Euro through thick and thin MUCH to the angst of the German Cental Bank

Many many times it's been the tail wagging the dog.

NOTE: The EU is formulating a nw gold standard to back the Euro

The USA is trying to reintroduce the Breton Woods system to link everything to the dollar enshrining its place as the global currency.

There is only one single threat to the Dolla and the USA controlling the money world, and that is the Euro.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
The EU could be a completely different animal , and we with our influence could have made a big mark upon the direction being traveled , now we are on the outside looking through the window at the cakes and breads inside , being dragged along by our geographic dependence upon our largest export market and have absolutely zero influence in the corridors of power in the EU .
Bl00dy brilliant , who on earth thought this one up ?
We can't even manage our borders without relying upon the French and Belgians .
Steve

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
Boris Brexit plan on splitting from the EU on Data could cost UK businesses billions in lost trade??

Well who'd of thought it was a bad idea to split from the EU on stuff

I mean wasn't he touting this split as a Brexit benefit?

How do we now define a Brexit benefit? Do we consider losses of less than a few billion as OK?

Another article full of 'coulds' and 'mights', not a 'will' or 'has' .... so we'll 'definitely' have to wait and see.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Another article full of 'coulds' and 'mights', not a 'will' or 'has' .... so we'll 'definitely' have to wait and see.

No you don't get off that easy

Boris Johnson stated this split was a clear benefit of Brexit and demonstrated a UK unchained

I pointed out the counterargument to you when you posted Just that I believe.

The split has been debunked as disastrous and likely to cost us billions.

So Boris lied and its NOT a Brexit benefit

The fact it's now unlikely to happen is not relevant. The fact is when it was sold to Brexit-supporting idiots who cant be arsed to research past page 1 of the Daily Mail as a success, and they lapped it up.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
This is where your EU fund was being spent......I can now see why the remainer idiots/morons are so upset.

Crow brainpower study saved from Brexit cuts after appeal raises £500,000​

Extract:
Scientists had EU funding withdrawn but public chip in to help following Observer report.

Nicola Clayton’s cognitive research work is set to soar again. The Cambridge scientist’s centre for studying the minds of crows, rooks and jays has been saved after the Observer revealed funding cuts were threatening it with closure.

A public appeal has since raised more than £500,000, while Cambridge University has also stepped in to boost support for the Comparative Cognition Laboratory, based in the village of Madingley.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward

Chasey

Brexit going forward
This is where your EU fund was being spent......I can now see why the remainer idiots/morons are so upset.

Crow brainpower study saved from Brexit cuts after appeal raises £500,000​

Extract:
Scientists had EU funding withdrawn but public chip in to help following Observer report.

Nicola Clayton’s cognitive research work is set to soar again. The Cambridge scientist’s centre for studying the minds of crows, rooks and jays has been saved after the Observer revealed funding cuts were threatening it with closure.

A public appeal has since raised more than £500,000, while Cambridge University has also stepped in to boost support for the Comparative Cognition Laboratory, based in the village of Madingley.

Our work has demonstrated that they are startlingly clever and has been providing important insights into the nature of cognition in general

I am curious to know why you feel this research into cognition is irrelevant. There are many research studies into animal behavior that have import to humans

This one

Was used to determine the development and understanding of social structure in the modern hierarchy and formed arguments about the trickle-down economy and the need for social welfare to support merit-based democratic hierarchal systems.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
I fail to see Brexit mentioned once in that article.

Maybe you can enlighten us as to where it's mentioned?

You already made the link to Brexit all on your own????

OK so the farmers argue that it is not workable for people with no understanding of the technicalities and detail of the subject to have the power to make decisions concerning the subject.

I have referred to this problem many times with my analogy for a ban on hunting referendum and pointed out this is the reason democracy should never be used for governance and that Parliamentary democracy structures have mostly got safeguards against these problems.

Not always of course, see Boris and the unworkable NI policy as an example of a failure of governance to carry out due diligence.

It's like asking a child if they want to eat greens or ice cream. They go for ice cream every time and just get sick because they don't have the data nor the experience or in some cases the training to analyze the data. So they go on emotion and possibly short-term self-gratification, not logic or long term investment.

That was the problem for the farmers

That was the problem with letting the public decide on whether or not to stay in the EU

How are you liking your ice cream?

Feeling sick yet?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
Our work has demonstrated that they are startlingly clever and has been providing important insights into the nature of cognition in general

I am curious to know why you feel this research into cognition is irrelevant. There are many research studies into animal behavior that have import to humans

This one

Was used to determine the development and understanding of social structure in the modern hierarchy and formed arguments about the trickle-down economy and the need for social welfare to support merit-based democratic hierarchal systems.

Please show me where I said it was irrelevant?

Clue, I didn't........just your usual idiotic moronic spin to fit what and why you think I posted.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
You already made the link to Brexit all on your own????

You posted it in the Brexit thread.......spot the link?

As asked.......enlighten us to where Brexit is mentioned in the article?

Clue.....it isn't.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Please show me where I said it was irrelevant?

Clue, I didn't........just your usual idiotic moronic spin to fit what and why you think I posted.

No you clearly indicated that the investment of EU funding was misplaced in the case of this study so QED you consider the study trivial or irrelevant?

If you recognize the study may be an important one worthy of funding (Like Cambridge university do) can you please explain the meaning of your original post?

Chasey

Brexit going forward
You posted it in the Brexit thread.......spot the link?

As asked.......enlighten us to where Brexit is mentioned in the article?

Clue.....it isn't.

If you cant see the relationship between the two situations, then you are really beyond help.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
No you clearly indicated that the investment of EU funding was misplaced in the case of this study so QED you consider the study trivial or irrelevant?

If you recognize the study may be an important one worthy of funding (Like Cambridge university do) can you please explain the meaning of your original post?

Again, where did I say funding was misplaced?
You seem to want continually tell me what you think I am saying.

I don't see the study as important....fact.
Not when there is a crisis in every part of UK life.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Again, where did I say funding was misplaced?
You seem to want continually tell me what you think I am saying.

I don't see the study as important....fact.
Not when there is a crisis in every part of UK life.

Well, it seems I was correct. You don't see the study as important but at Cambridge University where I hear there are some clever people and where funding is rocking horse poo, they seem to disagree with you?

So how are you n 4.9billion for the James Webb Telescope?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom