Brexit going forward

Airline trade body blames recruitment approval delays for UK airports gridlock​

Willie Walsh, the director general of Iata, said it was now taking as long as three months to get security badges for new employees in the UK, compared with three to four weeks previously .

So now it’s “recruitment approvals” fault 😂

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward

And not one mention of Brexit :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

EasyJet executive quits after major flight disruption​

Extract:
EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks.

The airline said Peter Bellew had left "to pursue other business opportunities" and wished him well.

It comes after thousands of EasyJet flights have been cancelled - some at short notice.

Trade union Unite last month criticised a "lack of leadership" at the airline and urged Mr Bellew to "take control".

Announcing Mr Bellew's resignation, EasyJet chief executive Johan Lundgren said the airline was "absolutely focused on delivering a safe and reliable operation this summer".

Cancellations​

The aviation sector shed thousands of jobs during the pandemic, but is now struggling to meet the rebound in demand for travel.

EasyJet has been one of the worst hit for cancellations in recent months. It has axed thousands of flights, including many on the day they were due to depart.

Late last month it said it would be making some cancellations over the summer, to build in more resilience and in response to caps imposed by London Gatwick and Amsterdam Schiphol airports.

It said this gave customers advance notice and potential to re-book.
While it will have made use of the government's landing slot "amnesty" as part of this plan, EasyJet said it would not be announcing any further cancellations this week. It said the last affected customers would be told on Monday.

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Of the 8.000 applicants that Easyjet claimed they had to reject on grounds on nationality
How many did easyjet sponsor as part of the skilled visa process
After the UK officially left the EU on March 29 2019, any EU citizen wishing to work in the country must successfully apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, which includes a certificate of sponsorship from a future employer.
Anyone want to work in the Netherlands
Every non-EU citizen who wants to work in the Netherlands has to obtain a valid work permit. Either the employee or their prospective employer may request the permit, although it is usually the employer who makes the request.

A work permit is valid only for the employer who makes the request and ceases if / when the employee leaves the job. There is no general work permit for the Netherlands.

Brexit going forward

Extract:
EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks.

The airline said Peter Bellew had left "to pursue other business opportunities" and wished him well.

It comes after thousands of EasyJet flights have been cancelled - some at short notice.

Trade union Unite last month criticised a "lack of leadership" at the airline and urged Mr Bellew to "take control".

Announcing Mr Bellew's resignation, EasyJet chief executive Johan Lundgren said the airline was "absolutely focused on delivering a safe and reliable operation this summer".

Cancellations​

The aviation sector shed thousands of jobs during the pandemic, but is now struggling to meet the rebound in demand for travel.

EasyJet has been one of the worst hit for cancellations in recent months. It has axed thousands of flights, including many on the day they were due to depart.

Late last month it said it would be making some cancellations over the summer, to build in more resilience and in response to caps imposed by London Gatwick and Amsterdam Schiphol airports.

It said this gave customers advance notice and potential to re-book.
While it will have made use of the government's landing slot "amnesty" as part of this plan, EasyJet said it would not be announcing any further cancellations this week. It said the last affected customers would be told on Monday.
Wasn’t my fault guv be I’ll resign anyway.....

Camden

Brexit going forward

Extract:

Why would he if " Peter Bellew was leaving to “pursue other business opportunities”.

His Chief Exc had already spelt it out .

The boss of Britain's biggest budget airline has contradicted a minister’s assertion that Brexit is not to blame for the airport and airline chaos.
.Johan Lundgren, EasyJet’s chief executive, told The Independent that the airline has had to turn down 8,000 job applications from EU citizens as they did not have a green light to work in the U.K.

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Why would he if " Peter Bellew was leaving to “pursue other business opportunities”.

His Chief Exc had already spelt it out ..Johan Lundgren, EasyJet’s chief executive, told The Independent that the airline has had to turn down 8,000 job applications from EU citizens as they did not have a green light to work in the U.K.

But he didn't say how many of those 8,000 applicants were provided a certificate of sponsorship from Easyjet and how many were rejected after applying for a Skilled Worker Visa
and if the jobs they were applying for were full-time employment or seasonal employment
any EU citizen wishing to work in the country must successfully apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, which includes a certificate of sponsorship from a future employer.

Brexit going forward

His Chief Exc had already spelt it out .

The boss of Britain's biggest budget airline has contradicted a minister’s assertion that Brexit is not to blame for the airport and airline chaos.
.Johan Lundgren, EasyJet’s chief executive, told The Independent that the airline has had to turn down 8,000 job applications from EU citizens as they did not have a green light to work in the U.K.

He was offered a job as a baggage handler........rejected it 😂

Camden

Brexit going forward
But he didn't say how many of those 8,000 applicants were provided a certificate of sponsorship from Easyjet and how many were rejected after applying for a Skilled Worker Visa
and if the jobs they were applying for were full-time employment or seasonal employment
any EU citizen wishing to work in the country must successfully apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, which includes a certificate of sponsorship from a future employer.

Well I am sure Mr Court the Tory Govt Spokesman, that the Easyjet Exec, Mr Jorgen was contradicting on Courts supposed non effect of Brexit. on the chaos..

Mr Court the Tory spokesman could have easily put out a counter statement in defense of Brexit using your argument if relevant ? ......

but then again him only being the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport ..... he mustn't be as well briefed as you , would you say ? or is he just another useless Tory, that the man in the street knows a better defence of Brexit than him, and him being a member of the ERG .. Tut tut may be his polo club do was coming up and didn't have the time ... :giggle::giggle:

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Well I am sure Mr Court the Tory Govt Spokesman, that the Easyjet Exec, Mr Jorgen was contradicting on Courts supposed non effect of Brexit. on the chaos..

Mr Court the Tory spokesman could have easily put out a counter statement in defense of Brexit using your argument if relevant ? ......

but then again him only being the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport ..... he mustn't be as well briefed as you , would you say ? or is he just another useless Tory, that the man in the street knows a better defence of Brexit than him, and him being a member of the ERG .. Tut tut may be his polo club do was coming up and didn't have the time ... :giggle::giggle:
If you had read the transcripts of the meeting you would have found that Mr Jorgen was invited to the meeting he was unable to attend due to illness so
Sophie Dekkers
Chief Commercial Officer at easyJet attended the meeting instead

Brexit going forward

At the end of the day Camden, it’s down to EasyJet, the Government hasn’t taken the monies and then cancelled the flights.

esb1841

Brexit going forward
I am sure the majority of TLF members disagree with the concept of taking money up front for a service you can't supply especially the ones that have fully paid and never received their tapu

Camden

Brexit going forward
At the end of the day Camden, it’s down to EasyJet, the Government hasn’t taken the monies and then cancelled the flights.
And for the second time not denied EasyJet's liabilities to its customers, don't project onto others what they haven't said ... I along with airlines, travel experts , recruitment agencies etc etc blame in part the Govt's Brexit agreement for the chaos... not absolving airlines liabilities.

ESB ... ps I didn't suggest Mr Jorgens was at the committee the clue was both me quoting from and the link to the Independent ..

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
And for the second time not denied EasyJet's liabilities to its customers, don't project onto others what they haven't said ... I along with airlines, travel experts , recruitment agencies etc etc blame in part the Govt's Brexit agreement for the chaos... not absolving airlines liabilities.

ESB ... ps I didn't suggest Mr Jorgens was at the committee the clue was both me quoting from and the link to the Independent ..
You along with airlines in part blame the Government 😂........so are the airlines & those who the airlines let down suing the Government? I mean let’s face it, this day and age there’s a lawyer on tap for everything.

I had a company, I offered 24/7 maintenance & emergency call out. If one of my workers on call never turned up, the client never blamed that worker, they blamed my company. I never thought of passing that blame onto the Government 😂

The airlines IMO did a money grab on a maybe, it backfired.

Saoirse

Brexit going forward
I can't believe you are surprised as it's so very Tory lite..

Complain about Tory policies and direction- then adopt and sustain them.

They've been doing it for decades.
100% " opposed " to mad thatchers unions clampdown - adopted the same draconian rules when they came to power.

As regards European freedom of movement - tory starmer originally said they would most definitely pursue having it reinstated - then got back on tory line and now same hymn sheet as Rees Mogg etc

Not a cigarette paper between either Tory party- complete waste of a vote, pointless party.

Fgs just look below at this man and his comedic party- crucial issue, definitely bring it back.....errrrm definitely won't!

How in god's name can anyone take these jokers seriously

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
I can't believe you are surprised as it's so very Tory lite..

Complain about Tory policies and direction- then adopt and sustain them.

They've been doing it for decades.
100% " opposed " to mad thatchers unions clampdown - adopted the same draconian rules when they came to power.

As regards European freedom of movement - tory starmer originally said they would most definitely pursue having it reinstated - then got back on tory line and now same hymn sheet as Rees Mogg etc

Not a cigarette paper between either Tory party- complete waste of a vote, pointless party.

Fgs just look below at this man and his comedic party- crucial issue, definitely bring it back.....errrrm definitely won't!

How in god's name can anyone take these jokers seriously

TBF to him, he knows if he went into a GE on a manifesto of rejoining the EU, Labour would get slaughtered regardless of Johnson’s form.

Saoirse

Brexit going forward
So specifically on freedom of movement - why did he pledge to restore it?

He and his party are as trustworthy as johnson

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
So specifically on freedom of movement - why did he pledge to restore it?

He and his party are as trustworthy as johnson
Slightly unfair , the Tories lie and change after an election , conning voters , Labour have changed policy before an election , so folk can make their minds up , a slightly different kettle of fish .
Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom