Chasey

Brexit going forward
Greenland which has a population of about 60,000 people (about the same as Canterbury in the UK) took 10 years to finally unravel them selves from the EU and recover some footing. They did this by forming a close alignment with the USA and China frankly playing the USA off against China to get the best deal.

When I said in 2016 it would take well over 10 years to sort out the UK and that unlike Greenland we actually didn't have countries fighting over our oil rights, I was mocked

Yet here we are in 2022 already seven years in and still no end in sight for us.

Camden

Brexit going forward
The truth increasingly seems that quitting the European Union means there is £173m a week less to spend on the NHS, according to calculations based on recent ONS and UK Government data.

EU membership vs lost trade: Forget extra NHS cash, Brexit costs Britain £173m every week, or £1m per hour​

Remember the Brexit bus promise: ‘We send the EU £350 million a week. Let’s fund our NHS instead. Vote leave’?

The truth increasingly seems that quitting the European Union means there is £173m a week less to spend on the NHS, according to calculations based on recent ONS and UK Government data.

Weighing up the cost of EU membership versus lost EU exports since Brexit, Brexit has cost the UK £9bn a year, or around £173m a week, about £25m per day, or just over £1m every single hour.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward

I could scarcely believe my eyes when I read Jacob Rees-Mogg’s comment that not imposing post-Brexit checks on imports from the EU (postponed for a fourth time) would “save” the UK £1bn (from the consequences of his own government’s actions). Yet this self-revelation (Report, April 29) is merely one aspect of the whole Brexit exercise. According to our top non-governmental experts — if I may put their findings backwards — not doing Brexit at all would have saved us cumulative losses of £87bn a year in gross domestic product and £32bn a year in lost inland revenue (something the crafty Brexiter chancellor Rishi Sunak never mentions). In the past two months or so we have all become experts on sanctions against Russia. It’s time more people realised that, led by Boris Johnson, our own government has in effect been imposing broad and deeply damaging sanctions on the British population since 2016 by means of Brexit. Anyone who votes for this pack of loonies again must be gaga.

Chasey

Brexit going forward

I could scarcely believe my eyes when I read Jacob Rees-Mogg’s comment that not imposing post-Brexit checks on imports from the EU (postponed for a fourth time) would “save” the UK £1bn (from the consequences of his own government’s actions). Yet this self-revelation (Report, April 29) is merely one aspect of the whole Brexit exercise. According to our top non-governmental experts — if I may put their findings backwards — not doing Brexit at all would have saved us cumulative losses of £87bn a year in gross domestic product and £32bn a year in lost inland revenue (something the crafty Brexiter chancellor Rishi Sunak never mentions). In the past two months or so we have all become experts on sanctions against Russia. It’s time more people realised that, led by Boris Johnson, our own government has in effect been imposing broad and deeply damaging sanctions on the British population since 2016 by means of Brexit. Anyone who votes for this pack of loonies again must be gaga.

They won, the country lost big time

get over it.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
This guy is as thick as pig shit, perhaps someone should tell him who wrote the GFA and agreed the Brexit withdrawal deal despite these issues being well highlighted.
PIG SHIT.jpg

Saoirse

Brexit going forward
I take it most of you in Britain have the wit to know this is nothing to do with the Protocol

Most MLAs elected and most people in the North of Ireland support the protocol

Even if they didnt the NI Assembly has no role in the Britain/ EU Trade negotiations so DUP refusing to operate assembly because of situation between EU and British government- is like being short changed in B and Q so refusing never to shop at Marksies again!!!

The real reason is because Dup does not want to share power as Deputy FM to SF- despite both roles being equal

They want to use the British/EU dispute to drag out an Assembly boycott beyond 6 months- thus triggering another assembly election to give them another shot at avoiding the democratic result last week

You need to understand the supremacist mindset of unionism to understand what's really going on

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Before he suddenly quit last year, the former Brexit minister David Frost pointed to data rights, genetically modified crops, medical trials and “outdated EU vehicle standards” as likely targets.

To ensure continuity of the legal system, amid the turmoil of Brexit, all EU law was converted into UK law and given supremacy over pre-withdrawal UK law.

Tearing that up could come at a price, if divergence triggers disputes under the Brexit trade deal, potentially allowing Brussels to curb access to EU markets for British firms.

Vote grab headline: we are tearing up EU laws?

The reality, no real benefit to ANYONE and possibly a massive deficit to some people

Can we really celebrate the scrapping of data protection laws?

EU Data Protection Law

1. Notice—data subjects should be given notice when their data is being collected;
  2. Purpose—data should only be used for the purpose stated and not for any other purposes;
  3. Consent—data should not be disclosed without the data subject’s consent;
  4. Security—collected data should be kept secure from any potential abuses;
  5. Disclosure—data subjects should be informed as to who is collecting their data;
  6. Access—data subjects should be allowed to access their data and make corrections to any inaccurate data
  7. Accountability—data subjects should have a method available to them to hold data collectors accountable for not following the above principles

I mean those EU bastards who the hell do they think they are imposing this level of protection on us.

Bramidan

Brexit going forward
The UK can’t win the race to the bottom whilst these laws exist.
For the liar in chief, if laws that were agreed on our withdrawal from the EU don’t suit, just tear them up.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward

Latest Posts

Top Bottom