Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Facts is facts we had the biggest fishing fleet based mainly in Hull pre 73
Fact is that was 50 years ago! :D
as for the Vaccine who rolled it out first whilst E.U were crying like you
Already answered "would the vaccine not have been developed had the UK remained in the EU?"
As usual no answer but keep trying maybe you'll get something right tomorrow. :D

Camden

Brexit going forward
I didn't bring the Amazon visa thing up Remoaners did as for the last election and the results it's just like on here the loses couldn't accept the result and wanted an immediate best of three,five or until they won. Had we had a second vote it would have been a much larger vote to leave because no one likes sore losers do they ?

You are right nor was it said otherwise. It was someone who voted "remain" highlighted the Amazon problem due to Brexit. Are you suggesting voting "remain" robs you the franchise to be critical or highlighting on Brexit ? and the problems that arise ?
It was your Brexiteer colleague who posted and promoted the compromise fix as some type of gain I referenced ...

I haven't read a post that has asked for an immediate best of three , five until they ( remainers ) have won ( sounds like another Brexiteer untruth rhetoric an exaggeration )

What I have seen though , is concerns on these unfulfilled promises made to get the electorate vote at the Brexit referendum, and the inability of Brexiteers to explain why they haven't been fulfilled ...

I have also seen people genuinely weighing up the loss we will now have of the privileged terms, we had as a member of the EU, possibly lost on any new re-entry... But seeing it may be worthwhile in comparison to the damage that any Brexit brings about.

What do you base your assumption on ? ( as that is what it is assumption) that you would get a much larger vote if given a second vote ?

As that doesn't reconcile with latest data As of January 2022, 49 percent of people in Great Britain thought that it was wrong to leave the European Union, compared with 38 percent who thought it was the right decision

Brexit opinion poll 2022 | Statista

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
Like most brexiteers I know, deluded, I don't know him but I do no brexit saved him having to declare beneficial interests in line with EU regulation we supported, well done Aaron.

FB_IMG_1642879030582.jpg

Chasey

Brexit going forward
We are out that's the very first benefit and how about the vaccine were we first whilst the E.U just moaned

Do you mean the vaccine issue when we opted out of the EU arrangements whilst still a FULL MEMBER as was our sovereign right?

Please explain why this had anything to do with our EU membership?

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Amazon has now decided to continue with Visa so that's sorted.

Amazon pushed Visa UK to reduce its charges in order to claw back some of the significant losses forced upon them by Brexit

Amazon's resolution of this with Visa in NO WAY detracts from the FACT Brexit has introduced significant expense to companies dealing with exports from the UK and purchases within the EU block.

thousands of small businesses have not been able to exert this pressure so they will be and have been adversely affected.

Amazon will no doubt attract even more business as this offers a conduit for sales with at least reduced card fees. So win-win for Amazon

The problem for the UK is: Increased profits for Amazon who don't pay tax in the UK

Decreased profits (= decreased tax paid) by small tax paying UK companies.

I realize the process of thinking logically and looking at the bigger picture is totally alien to people like you, so I hope this helps you look less of an idiot in the future by posting this unresearched rubbish

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Facts is facts we had the biggest fishing fleet based mainly in Hull pre 73 as for the Vaccine who rolled it out first whilst E.U were crying like you

Correct Facts are indeed Facts

Pre Brexit the UK had the largest or in some instances the second largest quota of fish caught in EU waters.

HOWEVER: £160m worth of England's fishing quota is in the hands of vessels owned by companies based in Iceland, Spain and the Netherlands, That amounts to 130,000 tonnes of fish a year and 55% of the quota's annual value in 2019.

This happened because in the 1990s when there was a ban on Cod fishing, the UK GOVERNMENT under the CONSERVITIVES sold off over half of its fishing quota to foreign owned companies who invested in it for long term gain. As a result they now have over half of the UK quota

Of the UK quota, its Scotland who has the lions share of fish caught at around 75% The Scottish fishing industry has always excelled under the EU and they have the smallest number of foreign-owned vessels. Scotland of course voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU

The biggest problem with UK waters is the fact we in the UK don't eat the fish caught in the UK waters. We prefer cod and haddock caught a 1000 miles away outside UK waters but in the EU Controlled EEZ

In fact in England our fish and shellfish re mainly exported to the EU and as a result of leaving the EU and the new import duties and paperwork introduced post-Brexit, our fishing fleet is suffering reduced profits and in many cases bankruptcy.

The promised increased quotas with free trade deal for the UK never happened. Of course, it never happened because it was simply impossible to retain the benefits of being in the EU once we left.

Is all this clear to you now, or do you need pictures?

Last edited:

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Remoaners just look for all negatives they simply don't want to be positive. For good or bad hopefully we will stay out for a very long time

Intelligent people look for facts and trends. In 2016 shortly after the referendum, I wrote a post outlining my main concerns and the direct negative impact Brexit would have on all our lives.

I said in that post I would be so very happy to be proved wrong by Brexit being successful

Sadly, every single prediction has come true and I have found nothing to be happy about

For good or bad hopefully we will stay out for a very long time

Your first honest and true statement since you started trolling on here.

You don't care if its bad for Britain Bad for the economy Bad in so far as British people suffer. You just wanted out. If there was good to be had, then great but in truth you didn't really give a s#it who fell under the Brexit Bus just as long as your bile and hatred for any one or anything you perceived to be foreign, was vented

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
I realise, somewhat belatedly, that attention seeking trolls are best ignored.

................................................... dont feed trolls.jpg

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
I read an article yesterday that stated brits in europe can only remain for 90 days on a visitor visa . However EU nationals can remain in the UK for 180 days . Well done Boris .
Steve

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
I read an article yesterday that stated brits in europe can only remain for 90 days on a visitor visa . However EU nationals can remain in the UK for 180 days . Well done Boris .
Steve

Did you verify what the articles stated?
Either way the rules appear to be 6 month out of 12.
Cut differently, but still the same allowed in a 12 month period.

How long can British citizens stay in Europe?
One of the major changes following Brexit is the length of time British visitors can remain in the Schengen Area without a visa. Now that the UK is outside the EU, British passport holders can stay for a maximum of 90 days per 180-day period.

You can continue to visit the UK for up to 6 months without applying for a visa.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
No promises were given by any party at the referendum because they were all against

Well I think you fit that category perfectly go and have a look in the mirror
Did I mention your name?
But the playground insults come nonetheless.

Camden

Brexit going forward

Brexit: Lorry queue at Dover so long you can see it from space​

One haulier said the long queues seen last week were "entirely [because of] Brexit".

Huge lorry queues on the roads around Dover shouldn’t be blamed on Brexit – despite suggestions the traffic is so bad that it can be seen from space, the Port has said.

Drivers have expressed fury at the delays, describing the situation as “absolute carnage” and blaming a cocktail of delays to Brexit checks and cumbersome Covid paperwork.

Port chiefs have urged the UK government to hold talks with the EU about easing further checks set to come in later this year, amid fears they could have a “disastrous” impact on trade.

One haulier told The Independent that he had been stuck in queues up to nine miles long since full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January. “It’s entirely Brexit – you can’t blame it on anything else but Brexit,” said the driver.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom