Chasey

Brexit going forward
As above Tenpin sorry but the question has never been answered with ANY supporting evidence that's not been proved to be absolute rubbish

It is virtually impossible to unearth a single credible benefit of leaving the EU apart from a grossly misguided sense of self-satisfaction at cutting off your own nose to spite your own face.

We said it would be a disaster with no tangible benefits, five years later it's still a total disaster with no tangible benefits but MUCH more worrying than that is the worst is yet to come and the light at the end of the tunnel has gone from a feint spark to becoming a fanatics wet dream

Having totally failed at covering ourselves in glory after leaving the EU the Brexit supporter's last hope is the whole EU will collapse to in some way vindicate their decision.

The EU may well collapse, however vindication would require a stronger more vibrant Europe in the wake of that collapse

THATS not going to happen

Regional conflict and / or war is MUCH more likely

Camden

Brexit going forward
Brexit isn't going well for these Peppa Pigs unfortunately

skynews-pigs-pigs-crisis-graphic-5595887.jpg

The 'soul-destroying' impact of the pig crisis - and why it's happening​

Every farmers' worst nightmare is coming to pass; the mass culling of healthy animals because there simply aren't enough butchers and processing staff to process them and get them off farms... So how did we get here?

The culling is likely much worse than the numbers being officially reported to the industry body, with fear, shame and sadness preventing many from speaking openly about the reality.

Thousands of healthy pigs are almost certainly being killed every week at the moment - possibly tens of thousands. These animals are not destined for the food chain but are killed just to make space on farms.

Some farmers are even turning to carrying out abortions on pigs; a fractionally less traumatic way to deal with the brutal and traumatic crisis of a backlog of animals.

The crisis is fundamentally rooted in the current labour shortage.

It's hit the meat processing industry particularly hard, a sector that has traditionally relied heavily on migrant labour.

A combination of changing immigration rules related to Brexit and many workers choosing to go home during the pandemic and not returning, has left the sector 15-20% down on the staff it needs.

Not only has the sector struggled to recruit new workers from the domestic population, but butchers are also highly skilled and can't be trained up overnight.

Pig (1).png

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
I have a Brexit benefit
Because of brexit it is now easier for refugee seeking to claim asylum in the Britain as they can't be sent back to Europe so easily. 😀😀
To the contrary- I don't think it has ever been easy. Theoretically it was - facts show that it wasn't.

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
Sorry Sybil but now that Britain is no longer in the EU they cannot return refugees under the terms of the Dublin Agreement.
FACT.
If there is any other nonsense you have read on face book or the Daily Mail that requires clarification, I am more than happy to help and oblige .

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
Sorry Sybil but now that Britain is no longer in the EU they cannot return refugees under the terms of the Dublin Agreement.
FACT.
If there is any other nonsense you have read on face book or the Daily Mail that requires clarification, I am more than happy to help and oblige .
With all due respect Sleepy I do not think that you could ever help me lol. Actually my newspapers of choice are the Independent and Observer but do everybody a favour- let's stay away from petty barbs if we can.
Nobody is denying what you quote about the Dublin Agreement changes - that is common knowledge. But pay more attention to what I actually said ie ' I don't think it has ever been easy'. Re outgoing requests 2015- 2018 - 7% success rate !!!

"According to Home Office figures, between 2015 and 2018, 7,365 incoming requests were made to transfer people into the UK under the Dublin regulation, from which 2,365 people were transferred to the UK (some requests may still be pending).

This means that the UK accepted around 33% of requests. During the same period, the UK made 18,953 outgoing requests to transfer people to other Member States, from which 1,395 people were transferred abroad. This amounts to around 7% of outgoing requests by the UK resulting in a transfer.

In 2018, the UK received a total of 37,453 asylum applications, and made 5,510 outgoing transfer requests under Dublin III. Of these 5,510 requests, 209 migrants were transferred out of the UK under Dublin III, whilst 1,215 came in, making the UK a net recipient in 2018.

Last edited:

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
The context of the comment was that leaving the Eu made returning refugees more difficult despite the claims of taking back control of the borders/immigration.
The Dublin III Regulation enabled the UK to return some asylum seekers to EU Member States without considering their asylum claims. It also provided a legal route for reuniting separated asylum-seeking family members in the UK.
If the UK (as u indicate)did not utilise the provisions of the regulations that is their issue ...and now they are out of the Eu and can no longer avail of the regulations even if they wanted.

The offer of help is still on the table 😃 😊.

Brexit going forward
The context of the comment was that leaving the Eu made returning refugees more difficult despite the claims of taking back control of the borders/immigration.
The Dublin III Regulation enabled the UK to return some asylum seekers to EU Member States without considering their asylum claims. It also provided a legal route for reuniting separated asylum-seeking family members in the UK.
If the UK (as u indicate)did not utilise the provisions of the regulations that is their issue ...and now they are out of the Eu and can no longer avail of the regulations even if they wanted.

The offer of help is still on the table 😃 😊.
No help required as stated -thank you. I am well aware of the Dublin agreement. My point in answer to your original was that the Dublin agreement did UK no great favours according to the stats I quoted. So having no access to Dublin agreement may sound drastic BUT in real terms the numbers are rather insignificant and as I say our success rate WITH the Dublin agreement was not high ie 7%. In fact over the time period mentioned the UK took in more "returns" than they managed to send back to the EU.
I am quite happy to debate asylum and immigration on the other thread.

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
And as I said that was Britain's fault and no one else's if they did not utilise the terms of the Dub agreement when they had the opportunity.

Brexit going forward
And as I said that was Britain's fault and no one else's if they did not utilise the terms of the Dub agreement when they had the opportunity.

It is well documented that the Dublin 111 is both inefficient and ineffective. And you are implying that there is always well functioning cooperation across the EU lol. Not so sir. Leave the UK aside for the moment and focus on the EU . The cooperation between countries is very often lacking and indeed the ratio of actual returns v "accepted" returns is also often low.

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Guardian.jpg

As buyer’s remorse begins to stalk even ardent Brexiters, they can no longer indulge in fantasy

Brexit isn’t working. We were sold a false prospectus. Businesses, especially small and medium-size ones, are reeling. They are absorbing unwanted costs; paying hidden tariffs; suffering hitherto avoidable checks on exports; moving factories, depots and offices to within the EU; shedding workers and haemorrhaging orders. Children’s school trips to and from Europe have collapsed. It takes months to get a visa. British science remains outside the EU’s Horizon programme, the biggest international science programme in the world. So it goes on...

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
Boris retaliates by cancelling the Bridge to America….

Sorry folks, but your going to have to chlorinate our own chicken .

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
Brexit Britain...
Looks like Norway gift is in fact last year’s tree lifted out of the skip and returned to Trafalgar Square
Screenshot_20211204-065318_Twitter.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom