Brexit going forward
I doubt that future generations will thank you for Brexit.

And if a referendum based on lies & deceit is democratic it proves that democracy, like the law, is an ass.
It doesnt only happen in referendums, perhaps we should scrap General Elections as well.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
But no problem with the referendum that took us into the EU in the first place..........
I'm for referendums & TBH I wish we had more of them.

Sorry yes I have every problem with the referendum that took us into the EU in the first place

Referendums are the last resort to deflect responsibility by weak governments or they are a manipulative tool designed to deflect responsibility by strong governments

There's no middle ground. Referendums that offer a simple vote on a complex issue by unqualified people are just plain wrong.

We live in a parliamentary democracy where the great and the good should debate and negotiate and make decisions in the best interests of the people or at the very least, the country

The fact this does not happen is a poor reflection on our governance not a justification for the manipulation of the plebiscite.

If you believe in referendums then you are obviously in favor of governance by face book

OK fine but don't complain when the end result is Boaty Mc Boat Face, because that's about the limit of what we can expect from referendum-based governance.

Even with my strong belief that referendums are the tools of despots and the shield of feeble governance, I would have been less upset if we were actually shown the deal we were about to agree to and giving the chance to vote on hard truths rather than bulls#it.

I believe in the case of the truth being offered out, the result would have been a landslide

For remain

SLEEPY

Brexit going forward
I didn't realise that when Brexiters said they'd end Freedom of Movement, they really meant there'd be no petrol for anyone!

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
The state of our present Government? It’s your own you should be more concerned about.
Your usual diversion to Ukraine when reason fails :D
Not at all, just pointing out that our Government is in a somewhat better position than your own.

So your attempt to bring Ukraine into the equation is not a diversion :D

You have already told us that you know FA about Ukraine.so you make your customary diversion as you are unable to justify your standing on Brexit.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
Thank goodness for Mr kelley telling the truth , what did the weirdo brexiteers think would happen ? Turkeys voting for christmas , pigeons not roasting , the lies , the damn lies these clowns perpetuated in order to trick the British people .

History will judge them , a pity we cannot hang them by their genitalia . Liars .
Steve

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward
I didn't realise that when Brexiters said they'd end Freedom of Movement, they really meant there'd be no petrol for anyone!

I didn't realise that the dozen or so petrol stations with no fuel were the only ones in the UK where people could get petrol.........thanks for clearing that up!

Brexit going forward
So your attempt to bring Ukraine into the equation is not a diversion :D

You have already told us that you know FA about Ukraine.so you make your customary diversion as you are unable to justify your standing on Brexit.
“Justify your standing”? To who?
I don’t have to justify anything to anyone on this forum or any other forum.
I know this though, my votes in the GE and the referendum were counted & guess what...I scored on both.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
“Justify your standing”? To who?
I don’t have to justify anything to anyone on this forum or any other forum.
You made an unwarranted diversion that you cannot explain.
I know this though, my votes in the GE and the referendum were counted & guess what...I scored on both.
You scored on Brexit by costing your country billions of GBP and lowering its standard of living?

Some win that!

So what next? Back to Ukraine again?

Brexit going forward
You made an unwarranted diversion that you cannot explain.

You scored on Brexit by costing your country billions of GBP and lowering its standard of living?

Some win that!

So what next? Back to Ukraine again?
My standard of living hasn’t changed one bit AND I’ve yet to go to the supermarket & find something isn’t there due to Brexit.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom