Brexit going forward
I think that would be called clutching at straws... Chips on an unexpected Pandemic .... as I don't think it was one of the "advantageous promises made at the time of the vote that have been fulfilled." I asked for in my post .... better to have stuck to the "shiny black passports"

Isn’t everything unexpected across Europe and just about everywhere else? It’s the handling of it.
What has the EU handled well, Russia, Turkey, US, China, refugees etc.

Camden

Brexit going forward
Well I for one think if we had still been a full member of the EU, we wouldn’t be in the position we are in re procurement and roll out of the Covid vaccines.

I noticed you mentioned "full member" , possibly implying in the transitional stage of Brexit we weren't subject to the same rules in the EU as other members ...

Well, we were asked to join in the EU Joint Vaccine procurement and EU roll out as other members were, it was Consensual but we decided to opt out...

So it had nothing to do with being out of the EU because of Brexit or not being full member or transitional member ...... and can't be claimed as some type of Brexit related advantage .....

You will have to try harder to find specific advantages or one of the advantageous promises made at the time of the vote that has been fulfilled. apart from Shiny Black Passports ..

, Matt Hancock confirmed that the UK would not be participating in the scheme.

The European commission has been in “intensive” talks with leading drugs manufacturers to make advance purchases of any future vaccine.

Under the joint procurement plan, the commission will then distribute doses to the Europeans in greatest need first amid an inevitable international battle to source the drugs.

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
I noticed you mentioned "full member" , possibly implying in the transitional stage of Brexit we weren't subject to the same rules in the EU as other members ...

Well, we were asked to join in the EU Joint Vaccine procurement and EU roll out as other members were, it was Consensual but we decided to opt out...

So it had nothing to do with being out of the EU because of Brexit or not being full member or transitional member ...... and can't be claimed as some type of Brexit related advantage .....

You will have to try harder to find specific advantages or one of the advantageous promises made at the time of the vote that has been fulfilled. apart from Shiny Black Passports ..

So if we were still members ie hadn’t left, we still wouldn’t have gone along with Brussels on vaccine procurements and roll out? We would’ve been the only one at of the 28 to go it alone, is that what you’re saying?

Last edited:

Camden

Brexit going forward
So if we were still members ie hadn’t left, we still wouldn’t have go along with Brussels on vaccine procurements and roll out? We would’ve been the only one at of the 28 to go it alone, is that what you’re saying?

What I am saying Chips, we were full members in transitional stages under the application of EU rules ... and under them we decided to opt out Vaccine procurement and EU roll out .... Opting out as we have done before on EU agreements ...eg Euro ..or as full members on PPE procurement etc etc .

So it can't be as you claim inappropriately different position ... or outcome

35pluschips said:
Well I for one think if we had still been a full member of the EU, we wouldn’t be in the position we are in re procurement and roll out of the Covid vaccines.

And certainly not as I asked in my post which you replied to.

Camden said could it materialize into an actual explanation on the specific advantages ? It's just Brexiteer's seem reticent posting on them ...
Example ... like on which of the advantageous promises made at the time of the vote have been fulfilled...

I know is difficult , hence the reticence of Brexiteers in posting these " hens teeth" of specific advantages and any fulfilled advantageous promises, given at the time of the Brexit vote LOL ....

Brexit going forward
What I am saying Chips, we were full members in transitional stages under the application of EU rules ... and under them we decided to opt out Vaccine procurement and EU roll out .... Opting out as we have done before on EU agreements ...eg Euro ..or as full members on PPE procurement etc etc .

So it can't be as you claim inappropriately different position ... or outcome

And certainly not as I asked in my post which you replied to.

I know is difficult , hence the reticence of Brexiteers in posting these " hens teeth" of specific advantages and any fulfilled advantageous promises, given at the time of the Brexit vote LOL ....
" I know is difficult , hence the reticence of Brexiteers in posting these " hens teeth" of specific advantages and any fulfilled advantageous promises, given at the time of the Brexit vote LOL ....

Its you doing the moaning Camden, I'm quite happy.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Could that imagination, materialize into an actual explanation on the specific advantages ? It's just Brexiteer's seem reticent posting on them ...

Example ... like on which of the advantageous promises made at the time of the vote have been fulfilled...
As I recall ESB once told us that he signed the Official Secrets Act (Ukraine Riots #7630).

Maybe best we don’t press him for answers – I wouldn’t want to be accused of breaching national security.

..................................................................................................... fear.gif

Brexit going forward
As I recall ESB once told us that he signed the Official Secrets Act (Ukraine Riots #7630).

Maybe best we don’t press him for answers – I wouldn’t want to be accused of breaching national security.

..................................................................................................... View attachment 21300

“Ukraine riots”.........YAWN.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
The usual Jaycey response of attacking the poster.

And again relation to topic?

.....so back to topic.
One might also ask just what relation to topic were details of your unfortunate divorce.

But seems I have upset you, so sorry. Strange then that you didn’t consider calling me a ‘Yid faggot’ and a ‘liar’ insulting.

But when a poster takes an illogical stance and refuses to defend it then what is it to be called but a waste of space? The same could be said of the member posting #4849.

At least you have told us “you and your slimey members of your clique will never receive any answer from me” and you have well kept that promise.

IMHO opinion the Mods have been most tolerant of this behaviour and if you had any intention of returning to topic you might consider adding something constructive to it.

Meanwhile…

Financial Times.jpg

UK-EU trade falls sharply as Brexit disruption starts to bite

"Brexit disruption took its toll on Anglo-French trade volumes at the start of this year, mirroring declines in commercial activity between the UK and other large EU countries. French exports to the UK were down 13 per cent in January compared with the average of the previous six months, while French imports from the UK fell 20 per cent, according to the French customs office. “Trade with Britain is disrupted due to Brexit,” it said.

The volume of French exports and imports from other countries rose in January compared with the previous month. Anglo-French trade had recovered from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic last year, rising for the second consecutive year, boosted by companies stockpiling before the UK left the EU single market at the end of December. But the new French figures indicate that the frictional barriers and uncertainty created by Brexit have dealt a heavy blow to commercial activity between the UK and the EU, its biggest trading partner...

Last edited:

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Should doesn’t even come into it. Chasey is in a minority via the “will of the people”.
Not true. A majority of UK citizens now believe Brexit was a bad idea

The two latest pols have 52% of the UK saying Brexit was a bad idea and 38% saying its still a good plan

But the cowardly politicians will play it safe and run on a "greater unity" platform. They would sell their children for a chance at power and will be happy to sell off the UK into greater subservience to the EU for improvements in the economy.

By the way,

Looks like you increased border checks thanks to Brexit just went up in smoke

Chasey

Brexit going forward
So if we were still members ie hadn’t left, we still wouldn’t have gone along with Brussels on vaccine procurements and roll out? We would’ve been the only one at of the 28 to go it alone, is that what you’re saying?

Yes that is what he is saying and he would be correct

You know, like 27 countries opted for the Euro and we didn't

26 countries opted for the Schengen agreement and we didn't

The list is quite long

see below

You see whilst full members we were still a Soverign Nation and this ment............

Oh whats the point. Your not realy interested in facts are you

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Can’t help but feel some sympathy towards our Brexit friends that are unable to come up with a single pro Brexit argument in almost 5,000 postings.

Maybe should help them out - the answer is really quite simple and is called…

IMPORT SUBSTITUTION

When sanctions fell on South Africa the process of import substitution was implemented – did we really need to import strawberry jam etc from the UK?

IMO sanctions were the saviour of our nation in that they created thousands of jobs, improved our manufacturing capabilities and reduced consumer prices. Surely similar tactics could be applied to overcome Brexit trading difficulties.

Not for one moment am I suggesting that it would be quick or easy to revert to being a manufacturing rather than a service providing nation.

It would require…
  • Improved management
  • Better work ethic
  • Becoming food self-sufficient
  • Huge capital expenditure
  • AND the will to change etc etc
But the eventual benefits could well offset many of the problems of the disaster that is Brexit.

Brexiteers: Hope this helps, no need to thank me :)

Brexit going forward
Not true. A majority of UK citizens now believe Brexit was a bad idea

The two latest pols have 52% of the UK saying Brexit was a bad idea and 38% saying its still a good plan

But the cowardly politicians will play it safe and run on a "greater unity" platform. They would sell their children for a chance at power and will be happy to sell off the UK into greater subservience to the EU for improvements in the economy.

By the way,

Looks like you increased border checks thanks to Brexit just went up in smoke

Polls??????
Do polls out trump the ballot box here now, if it was a poll of over 30 million people I might take heed.

Camden

Brexit going forward
Camden quote " I know is difficult , hence the reticence of Brexiteers in posting these " hens teeth" of specific advantages or any advantageous fulfilled promises, given at the time of the Brexit vote LOL ....

Chips said Its you doing the moaning Camden, I'm quite happy.

35pluschips said:

Camden Said : What I am saying Chips, we were full members in transitional stages under the application of EU rules ... and under them we decided to opt out Vaccine procurement and EU roll out .... Opting out as we have done before on EU agreements ...eg Euro ..or as full members on PPE procurement etc etc .

So it can't be as you claim inappropriately, it would be different position ... or outcome

Is it now called moaning ? showing up your incorrect post and highlighting the truth ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom