Brexit going forward
Why not if that is indeed the will of the people?
How do you find out the will of the people other than a GE or referendum, that's when the proposal gets put up..........rest assured, it will not get put up.
Taking onboard, the EU member states also need to agree on us rejoining & that's no racing cert either.

esb1841

Brexit going forward
That poll is about the popularity of various politicians - not of Brexit.
but it was taken from the same poll , including the same slide that you thanked
Ipos Mori poll taken on Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 1,115 British adults aged 18+. Interviews were conducted online from 8th and 11th January 2021.

Camden

Brexit going forward
Is there some reason why remainers don't wish to share the source of their posts

Maybe because the graph and others are shared between friends ,contacts and followers on twitter without the need for links .

The link may have been needed, only if it was believed to be false , which it isn't is it ?????..... nor denied it seems ............And could so easily be checked with the respected polling companies name actually on the posted graph ....

So no Remainer subterfuge intended , will leave that to Breexiter propaganda............. So if there was a case a of a disgruntled Brexiteer needing to check, it would be have been so easy....

The companies methodology is an accepted one, and information seen as representative or IPOS MORI wouldn't be allowed to be members of both the British Polling Council and the Market Research Society .

As for the it being done between 8th and 11th January 2021 I can imagine the graph on the impact is even worse now seeing what's happening every day ...

Last edited:
Brexit going forward
ESB & Chips ,, already answered on #4774
I don't think you realize how UK politics works.
Proposals, manifesto, canvassing........vote. That's how the will of the people is shown.
Conservatives I would say theres no chance of proposing it. Labour has already paid the price once for going against the will of the people ie calling for a second vote.
As said, to rejoin there needs to be an avenue, I cant see that avenue.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
You repeat yourself and I am not inclined to do likewise.

Seems you can’t show any advantages of Brexit but perhaps you might explain why, as Remainers seem to be in the majority, any political party would not support a rejoining if it would increase their electoral support. Or is it because that would mean admitting a grievous error?

As to the EU’s attitude surely it would welcome re-admission of a soft market that would further improve their import/export stats.

Brexit going forward
You repeat yourself and I am not inclined to do likewise.

Seems you can’t show any advantages of Brexit but perhaps you might explain why, as Remainers seem to be in the majority, any political party would not support a rejoining if it would increase their electoral support. Or is it because that would mean admitting a grievous error?

As to the EU’s attitude surely it would welcome re-admission of a soft market that would further improve their import/export stats.

I repeat myself because you have no idea how the will of the people works.....it’s at a polling station.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
And you repeat yourself as you can't address the question in #4787 (or indeed any other question).

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Maybe because the graph and others are shared between friends ,contacts and followers on twitter without the need for links .

The link may have been needed, only if it was believed to be false , which it isn't is it ?????..... nor denied it seems ............And could so easily be checked with the respected polling companies name actually on the posted graph ....

So no Remainer subterfuge intended , will leave that to Breexiter propaganda............. So if there was a case a of a disgruntled Brexiteer needing to check, it would be have been so easy....

The companies methodology is an accepted one, and information seen as representative or IPOS MORI wouldn't be allowed to be members of both the British Polling Council and the Market Research Society .

As for the it being done between 8th and 11th January 2021 I can imagine the graph on the impact is even worse now seeing what's happening every day ...
It seems Keir doesn't come out well in the poll another good reason or not publishing a link

Camden

Brexit going forward
It seems Keir doesn't come out well in the poll another good reason or not publishing a link

Another ???? I thought you were asking for "reasons" in the other post ??? .....

Chasey

Brexit going forward
First Minister for Wales starts to suggest a more independent wales. I was most amused that he suggested we needed proper respect of sovereignty. Lake that previously had in the EU :) He believes we should follow the EUs example of allowing proper sovereignty to member nations. Something the English government does not do for Ireland Scotland and Wales.

Funny that:

Mr Drakeford described UK parliamentary sovereignty as “a redundant notion” and that the union should be recrafted to work like the European Union, United States or Australia.

“The idea that sovereignty is held only in one place and is handed out to other places, but always on a piece of string so it can be pulled back to the centre at any moment when the centre requires, I think that is over,” he said.

“The European Union will be an example potentially but Canada, or Australia, or the United States, are examples of what I talked about, where sovereignty is dispersed amongst its component parts and pooled back together again for those central purposes.”

Chasey

Brexit going forward
“We are asking for a third vote”, just who is the “we” Chasey? Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dem’s or just you and Jaycey? Taking on board that you’ve clearly stated on here that you are against referendums.
Nonetheless, explain how this third vote will come about & what the question will be?

Its the royal "We" meaning the people intelligent enough to realize we are screwed having left the EU

The third vote will come about after years of a lowering of the UK's standing in the world, lowering of personal living standards due to increased costs and reduced protections offered to the common man, and the need to move forwards. The younger generation who are far more egalitarian than the current batch of gammons we have running the country and the mass of the electorate, will demand the freedom to be EU citizens and to regain lost freedoms.

Its inevitable.

Chasey

Brexit going forward
I don't think you realize how UK politics works.
Proposals, manifesto, canvassing........vote. That's how the will of the people is shown.
Conservatives I would say theres no chance of proposing it. Labour has already paid the price once for going against the will of the people ie calling for a second vote.
As said, to rejoin there needs to be an avenue, I cant see that avenue.

Come on seriously????

The manifesto plans could change next week or next month to include membership

But they won't of course.

What the manifesto will offer is "ever closer union with our EU neighbors" which roughly translated into English means doing whatever the EU tells us to do in the hope of a few crumbs from the table.

ONLY when people start to realize we are slaves to the EU with no say in our future, will they demand rejoining.

That will take time and require someone with great leadership skills to educate the voters.

Brexit going forward
Come on seriously????

The manifesto plans could change next week or next month to include membership

But they won't of course.

What the manifesto will offer is "ever closer union with our EU neighbors" which roughly translated into English means doing whatever the EU tells us to do in the hope of a few crumbs from the table.

ONLY when people start to realize we are slaves to the EU with no say in our future, will they demand rejoining.

That will take time and require someone with great leadership skills to educate the voters.

There were protests galore to get us to remain and that didn’t work, my point was/is, what Party in 2024 is going to stand on the ticket of rejoining the EU?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom