35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
No such thing as a silly question - only silly non-answers.
And if you didn’t understand my questions then your reading skills merit attention.
Are you still content with the disadvantages Brexit has brought on your nation?

Ducking what you posted?????
Where’s this “second vote” coming from that you have a fixation on?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
As expected, you demand answers from others but struggle when questioned yourself. Go learn how politics and voting works in the UK.
There’ll be no second vote, nor will one be offered by Labour or Conservatives in the run up to the next GE. Crystal ball not even required.
More obfuscation and repetition – it was myself asking the questions that you can’t answer, not the other way around.

Eel wrestling is a tiring business so I’ll leave it to others with more patience than myself.

good night.gif

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
More obfuscation and repetition – it was myself asking the questions that you can’t answer, not the other way around.

Eel wrestling is a tiring business so I’ll leave it to others with more patience than myself.

View attachment 21233

What you asked is why I “was against a second vote”? My response to you is/was, what second vote???

Camden

Brexit going forward

Dublin is Top Brexit Relocation Spot for Finance Firms​

Dublin is the favorite destination for finance firms moving jobs into the European Union after Brexit, according to a study by consultancy EY.
Three dozen financial services firms are considering moving some U.K. operations to the Irish capital, or have already done so, the review found. Luxembourg is second, attracting 29 companies in total, followed by Frankfurt, which has drawn 23. Twenty businesses are moving business to Paris, according to EY’s survey of public statements by 222 firms through February.

Finance firms have announced that about 7,600 jobs will move from the U.K. to the bloc -- an increase of about 100 since EY’s last tracker, published in October. Almost 1.3 trillion pounds ($1.8 trillion) of assets have also moved, up about 100 billion pounds.

( That would include the Brexiteer and ERG member Jacob William Rees-Mogg Money which went to Dublin) ...

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_3a1553d8-da4b-11e9-a836-b8a7068a08fb.jpg

Chasey

Brexit going forward
What’s to address, we voted and the result was announced. Why am I against a second vote? Well, there isn’t even a second vote for me to be against.

The referendum was of course the second vote. What we are now asking for is a third.

I would prefer a prime minister and a party with the balls to say this was a monumentally stupid thing to have done and to avoid further loss and suffering to UK citizens, we will rejoin the EU.

Sadly that type of leadership has been absent since Thatcher.

Instead at some point, there will be another bloo@y referendum, but by this time people will see that it really just a formality as we will have already aligned ourselves so closely with the EU and EU rules / Law, all we are really voting for is a seat at the table again so we don't have to be so subservient to what the EU are telling us to do without having any say in what that is.

Possibly by then, the traitorous Brexit voters will have hung their heads in shame at putting us at the total mercy of the EU, but somehow I doubt it.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Possibly by then, the traitorous Brexit voters will have hung their heads in shame at putting us at the total mercy of the EU, but somehow I doubt it.
Brexiters are akin to Trumpeters - they never admit to being wrong and can show no reason as to why they are right.

Camden

Brexit going forward
Brexiteer's seem to be disappearing from social media unable to explain the unfulfilled promises made and the benefits .... and many it seems becoming Bregretters.
Chart 1.png

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
The referendum was of course the second vote. What we are now asking for is a third.

I would prefer a prime minister and a party with the balls to say this was a monumentally stupid thing to have done and to avoid further loss and suffering to UK citizens, we will rejoin the EU.

Sadly that type of leadership has been absent since Thatcher.

Instead at some point, there will be another bloo@y referendum, but by this time people will see that it really just a formality as we will have already aligned ourselves so closely with the EU and EU rules / Law, all we are really voting for is a seat at the table again so we don't have to be so subservient to what the EU are telling us to do without having any say in what that is.

“We are asking for a third vote”, just who is the “we” Chasey? Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dem’s or just you and Jaycey? Taking on board that you’ve clearly stated on here that you are against referendums.
Nonetheless, explain how this third vote will come about & what the question will be?

Last edited:

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Here is the link to the recent Ipos Mori poll taken on Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 1,115 British adults aged 18+. Interviews were conducted online from 8th and 11th January 2021.

Is there some reason why remainers don't wish to share the source of their posts

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
Here is the link to the recent Ipos Mori poll taken on Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 1,115 British adults aged 18+. Interviews were conducted online from 8th and 11th January 2021.

Is there some reason why remainers don't wish to share the source of their posts
Seems your downloaded PDF is a poll about the popularity of various politicians, not about views on Brexit.

I am, of course, open to correction on this as I am to learning of any advantages that Brexit will bring to the UK.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
I have yet to see an avenue posted on how the UK is going to rejoin the EU.
The much vaunted 'will of the people' perhaps.(Post #4771 etc etc))

And we have yet to see any reason for leaving the EU that would justify the hardships & expense incurred.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
The much vaunted 'will of the people' perhaps.(Post #4771 etc etc))

And we have yet to see any reason for leaving the EU that would justify the hardships & expense incurred.
"The much vaunted 'will of the people' perhaps.(Post #4771 etc etc))"

And that "will of the people" comes again in 2024 at the next GE. The rejoin proposal needs to be in an election manifesto, what you seem to miss Jaycey is, who is going to stick that in their manifesto.......

esb1841

Brexit going forward
Seems your downloaded PDF is a poll about the popularity of various politicians, not about views on Brexit.

I am, of course, open to correction on this as I am to learning of any advantages that Brexit will bring to the UK.
It has the same slide which Camden posted and you thanked

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
"The much vaunted 'will of the people' perhaps.(Post #4771 etc etc))"

And that "will of the people" comes again in 2024 at the next GE. The rejoin proposal needs to be in an election manifesto, what you seem to miss Jaycey is, who is going to stick that in their manifesto.......
Why not if that is indeed the will of the people?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom