Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
IMO even stranger that our erstwhile Brexiteers have gone silent.

Have they all changed their stance?

If this is representative of the Brit population as a whole why then opposition to a second referendum if it would represent the will of the people?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward

About 1,000 Finance Firms Eyeing Post-Brexit Outposts in U.K.​

Around 1,000 European Union finance firms are expected to open their first offices in the U.K. after losing their passporting rights because of Brexit.

Roughly two-thirds of the 1,500 money managers, payment firms and insurers that have applied for regulatory permission to continue operating in the U.K. previously had no physical operations in Britain, according to Financial Conduct Authority records obtained by Bovill, a financial consultancy.

The firms “were operating on a services passport prior to Brexit, which means they did not have a permanent office in the U.K.,” said Ed O’Bree, partner at Bovill. “These firms are therefore likely to invest in real estate and professional services advice as they set up a U.K. office for the first time.”

Irish, French and German companies together accounted for 584 of the 1,500 applications for authorization to do business in the U.K. Cyprus, which is a popular venue for trading platforms, was the next most common, with 151. The data show 100 retail and wholesale banks seeking to increase their presence in the U.K., as well as over 400 firms in the insurance industry.

The numbers are in line with data from early last year when Bovill first published the data on firms. The influx is a potential boon to Britain’s finance sector, whose decades-long dominance of European finance is under threat after Brexit.

Bramidan

Brexit going forward
All good apart from the last part of the last sentence!
I thought, please correct me if I am wrong, that financial services were not part of the Brexit deal.
I sincerely hope we don't lose our position in the financial world as it provides the greatest proportion of the countries income.

Brexit going forward
IMO even stranger that our erstwhile Brexiteers have gone silent.

Have they all changed their stance?

If this is representative of the Brit population as a whole why then opposition to a second referendum if it would represent the will of the people?

The opposition against a second referendum is from BOTH mainstream Parties. It matters not what the citizens might or might not think, it needs Westminster to sanction one.....that’s not going to happen.
I think those who were calling for a second vote, dropped that idea once the Conservatives won the election so decisively. They stood on leaving the EU.
I personally haven’t heard anyone calling for a second referendum on the EU for months now.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
The opposition against a second referendum is from BOTH mainstream Parties. It matters not what the citizens might or might not think, it needs Westminster to sanction one.....that’s not going to happen.
I think those who were calling for a second vote, dropped that idea once the Conservatives won the election so decisively. They stood on leaving the EU.
I personally haven’t heard anyone calling for a second referendum on the EU for months now.
Your post raises more questions than it addresses…

1. As I recall your government was originally against Brexit but, lacking the moral fibre to make an unpopular decision, passed the buck to the gullible unwashed.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ean-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

2. Do you believe BJ when he says it’s going to be great?

3. Why and how?

4. As a Brexiter yourself why would you & your government continue support a policy that can only be to the detriment of yourself and your nation?

5. Seems the majority of posters on here are against Brexit so why have you not offered any counter argument?

6. And why do I think that you won't address any of these questions?

Brexit going forward
Your post raises more questions than it addresses…

1. As I recall your government was originally against Brexit but, lacking the moral fibre to make an unpopular decision, passed the buck to the gullible unwashed.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ean-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

2. Do you believe BJ when he says it’s going to be great?

3. Why and how?

4. As a Brexiter yourself why would you & your government continue support a policy that can only be to the detriment of yourself and your nation?

5. Seems the majority of posters on here are against Brexit so why have you not offered any counter argument?

6. And why do I think that you won't address any of these questions?

The majority of posters on this forum doesn’t represent the majority in the UK though do they? And TBF, I’m not really bothered how posters on here voted, that was entirely their own decision. There was or seemed to be a majority on this forum who wanted Jeremy Corbyn to win the election, how did that work out?

I’ve moved on, I don’t need to put up an argument over the referendum result. My life hasn’t changed over the UK leaving the EU, has yours?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
The majority of posters on this forum doesn’t represent the majority in the UK though do they?
The great majority of TLF posters are, and always have been, opposed to Brexit and have given their reasons. I have always thought that that our membership was representative of the thinking Brit so the ratio of opinions should be similar.
And TBF, I’m not really bothered how posters on here voted, that was entirely their own decision. There was or seemed to be a majority on this forum who wanted Jeremy Corbyn to win the election, how did that work out?
I find it difficult to believe that your election was premised purely on Brexit.
I’ve moved on, I don’t need to put up an argument over the referendum result. My life hasn’t changed over the UK leaving the EU, has yours?
It seems that you haven’t ‘moved on’ - you have yet to offer any reasoning as to how benefit your people or your nation and my question wasn’t about the referendum result, it was about the consequences of the referendum.

Your life will certainly change due to Brexit and will become more expensive. My life won’t change but it will benefit my host country that will be taking up some of the slack in supplying products to the EU that previously bought from the UK.

As I thought, no reply to my questions.

Seems then that you are still a solid Brexiter & believer in BJ’s promise that things are going to be great but have no answer as to why or how.

It takes a real man to admit that he was wrong.

Brexit going forward
The great majority of TLF posters are, and always have been, opposed to Brexit and have given their reasons. I have always thought that that our membership was representative of the thinking Brit so the ratio of opinions should be similar.

I find it difficult to believe that your election was premised purely on Brexit.

It seems that you haven’t ‘moved on’ - you have yet to offer any reasoning as to how benefit your people or your nation and my question wasn’t about the referendum result, it was about the consequences of the referendum.

Your life will certainly change due to Brexit and will become more expensive. My life won’t change but it will benefit my host country that will be taking up some of the slack in supplying products to the EU that previously bought from the UK.

As I thought, no reply to my questions.

Seems then that you are still a solid Brexiter & believer in BJ’s promise that things are going to be great but have no answer as to why or how.

It takes a real man to admit that he was wrong.
I haven't "moved on"...don't make me laugh, you're still rattling on about a second referendum. Perhaps you'd like to expand on that ridiculous statement ie called by whom & when?
Your "host country"? So why isn't the EU making you a member this year, next year or sometime in the next decade Jaycey............Oh not forgetting that the EU who you swear by, along with Joe Biden, are quite happy to have you cut out of the loop when it comes to gas exports into Germany from Russia.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
I haven't "moved on"...don't make me laugh, you're still rattling on about a second referendum. Perhaps you'd like to expand on that ridiculous statement ie called by whom & when?
It might help if you read posts before commenting on them.
Your "host country"? So why isn't the EU making you a member this year, next year or sometime in the next decade Jaycey............Oh not forgetting that the EU who you swear by, along with Joe Biden, are quite happy to have you cut out of the loop when it comes to gas exports into Germany from Russia.
Transparent diversion and again no answers.

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
Brexit going forward
The story of plucky Britain standing up to bullying Brussels spares leavers the discomfort of admitting they voted for a con.

Bullying lol
What about being just that little bit more quicker and using a touch more savvy than the EU.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
What about some explanation as to how Brexit will benefit the UK?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
Seems I must ask again "What about some explanation as to how Brexit will benefit the UK?"

The fact that UK beat the EU to vaccinations has nowt to do with Brexit

Or did you foresee the virus when voting in the referendum? :ROFLMAO:

Brexit going forward
Seems I must ask again "What about some explanation as to how Brexit will benefit the UK?"

The fact that UK beat the EU to vaccinations has nowt to do with Brexit

Or did you foresee the virus when voting in the referendum? :ROFLMAO:
You asked, I answered. If the UK had still been a member state we would've been expected to tow the line & to follow the bloc.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
So you foresaw the virus and that was your reason for voting for Brexit, I’m really impressed!

Is your crystal ball for rent?

laugh.jpeg

Brexit going forward
So you foresaw the virus and that was your reason for voting for Brexit, I’m really impressed!

Is your crystal ball for rent?

View attachment 21173

I use the same shop where you bought your crystal ball from.
No the pandemic wasn’t on the skyline but the farce over the vaccine was & that’s why the UK rejected the EUs invite to get involved. The UK was expected to cough up billions with no guarantees on doses and delivery........that Jaycey is an example of Brexit going forward.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
The ‘farce over the vaccine’ was evident in 2016??

Girl laughing.gif

Wriggle as you may you’ll never get out of that deep hole you’ve dug for yourself.

Or if you are aiming for the ‘Idiot of the Week’ award seems members can’t nominate themselves, sorry.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom