Chasey

Brexit going forward
Clearly that exam you want the plebs to take before voting if you took the exam you would fail as you appear not to know the difference between voting in a general election and the outcome of your vote in a general election and voting in a national referendum and the outcome of your vote in a national referendum

No I think i have nailed the clear difference

In an election, (Take Trumps election as an example) the public can be mislead or simply lied to and make the mistake of electing the wrong person. But a few years later the mistake can be rectified in another election

In a referendum the same thing can happen, but theres no short term opportunity to reverse the mistake

Chasey

Brexit going forward
Is that right lol
Even if I did, where’s the problem.....most of us had visas for Turkey when we holidayed or visited there, it was no big deal, we still continued to go there.

For 90 days...

Could you drive your car there and stay for a year?

Did your UK insurance cover you for Turkey?

Were you entitled to health care?

And please explain how I can easily get an EU passport and ill start the process today. It wont solve all the problems but it will solve some of them.

I purchased in Turkey in 2008 in the belief Turkey would become part of he EU in or around 2010. There was a massive boom in EU ownership of property around that time as people and money flooded into Turkey in anticipation of EU membership

Since the collapse of that hope, I have seen Turkey go from 2.3tl to the £ to 11tl to the £ property prices collapse and whole ghost towns of unsold and abandoned property emerge.

Our own complex is fraught with problems but has generally survived the worst so I am lucky, but having gone through getting residency and trying to sort out other basic needs of staying in a non EU country, I still rue the day we realised Turkey would never get in.

esb1841

Brexit going forward
No I think i have nailed the clear difference

In an election, (Take Trumps election as an example) the public can be mislead or simply lied to and make the mistake of electing the wrong person. But a few years later the mistake can be rectified in another election

In a referendum the same thing can happen, but theres no short term opportunity to reverse the mistake
There are many people that felt they were mislead or simply lied to in the 1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum, it has taken 41 years to correct that vote

Chasey

Brexit going forward
There are many people that felt they were mislead or simply lied to in the 1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum, it has taken 41 years to correct that vote

Oxford researchers Professor Sir David Hendry, Professor Doyne Farmer, and Dr Max Roser look at how the UK economy has performed since joining the EU.

Sir, Boris Johnson recently asserted that the “EU is a graveyard of low growth”. This claim merits proper examination to determine, precisely, how the UK, US, Germany and France have done since 1973, the year in which the UK joined the EU. Per capita GDP of the UK economy grew by 103%, exceeding the 97% growth of the US. Within the EU, the UK edged out Germany (99%) and clobbered France (74%).

The UK’s growth has exceeded the US while tracking it, even since the crisis of 2008. This makes it hard to argue that the EU is dragging the UK down. Alternatively, compare this to the UK’s performance during the “glory days” of the Empire from 1872 to 1914. Back then Britain’s per capita growth was only 0.9% per year, in contrast to its robust 2.1% since joining the EU.

An important bonus is that the benefits of growth in Britain have been divided much more fairly than in the US. Statistics compiled by the Institute for New Economic Thinking show that Since 1974, median income in the UK grew by 79%, in contrast to 16% for the US. Thus, Britain has had the best of both worlds while a member of the EU -- not just strong growth, but more equal growth.

As the UK economy has grown, it has become more dependent on trade. Since 1973 the ratio of trade to economic output increased from 48% to 67%. At present 45% of the UK’s exports go to other EU member countries. In response to the concern that the EU might impose high tariffs or punitive measures if the UK leaves, some Brexiteers have said that we can “just trade with Australia and Canada”. These two countries, however, only account for a meagre 2.9% of British exports.

History is clear: things have gone very well for Britain as a member of the EU.

How did the UK economy do since joining the EU? (ox.ac.uk)

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward

Britons back Boris to make UK the 'Singapore of Europe'​

"BORIS JOHNSON has been urged to make Britain the "Singapore of Europe" with its new-found freedom after Brexit, according to the results of an Express.co.uk poll.

Britain has already landed deals with countries outside the EU including Japan and Canada. And now the Prime Minister is lauding new deals Britain could take advantage of with its "new-found freedom". A Government source said: "Now that we have secured a trade deal with the EU, it is finally time for the UK to take advantage of its hard-won, new-found freedoms."

'Bring it on!' Britons back Boris to make UK the 'Singapore of Europe' with new freedom.."

This 'New Found Freedom' will Japan et al to export $ Billions to UK but what does UK have to trade with that will balance the national budget?

If wishes were fishes...

"

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
Whatever you are or are not , it does not bear thinking about what it is to be a poor person in Singapore .

Steve

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brexit going forward
As a Singapore citizen myself I would say that there are very few poor people in Singapore.
It is the only communistic country that ever worked.
Singapore very fine place - we have fines for everything 😂

Camden

Brexit going forward
Palletways, one of Europe’s largest pallets networks, joins logistics & delivery giants DB Schenker & DPD in stopping trade with UK.

Er9Ald1XAAILIGs.jpg

Chasey

Brexit going forward
More problems caused by Brexit for UK business importing from the EU

'Absolute carnage': EU hauliers reject UK jobs over Brexit rules (msn.com)

Thank god we can vote to end this in four years time, what a terrible mistake Brexit was.

errrrr no hang on....we are actualy fuc##d for the foreseeable future arnt we, I keep forgetting ;)

1973 we joined the EU and things got better and better ever since

2016 we voted to leave, and things have got worse and worse ever since

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
More problems caused by Brexit for UK business importing from the EU

'Absolute carnage': EU hauliers reject UK jobs over Brexit rules (msn.com)

Thank god we can vote to end this in four years time, what a terrible mistake Brexit was.

errrrr no hang on....we are actualy fuc##d for the foreseeable future arnt we, I keep forgetting ;)

1973 we joined the EU and things got better and better ever since

2016 we voted to leave, and things have got worse and worse ever since
“In four years time”??????
Tell us more.....

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Brexit going forward
You were warned Roger.

A prominent Brexiteer, Daltrey previously told Sky News arts and entertainment reporter Bethany Minelle that Brexit "had nothing to do with the rock business".

When asked during an interview at Wembley Stadium in March 2019 whether the UK leaving the EU would be "bad for British rock music", Daltrey said: "No. What's it got to do with the rock business? How are you going to tour in Europe? Oh dear. As if we didn't tour Europe before the f***ing EU. Oh give it up!"

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Brexit going forward

UK and EU in row over bloc's diplomatic status​

Full Story

Extract:
The UK is refusing to give Joao Vale de Almeida the full diplomatic status that is granted to other ambassadors.

The Foreign Office is insisting he and his officials should not have the privileges and immunities afforded to diplomats under the Vienna Convention.

It is understood not to want to set a precedent by treating an international body in the same way as a nation state.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward

UK and EU in row over bloc's diplomatic status​

Full Story

Extract:
The UK is refusing to give Joao Vale de Almeida the full diplomatic status that is granted to other ambassadors.

The Foreign Office is insisting he and his officials should not have the privileges and immunities afforded to diplomats under the Vienna Convention.

It is understood not to want to set a precedent by treating an international body in the same way as a nation state.
And of course, it is up to the UK & not the EU.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Brexit going forward
143 countries have accorded accreditation , to an agreement drawn up with uk participation and assent , and accepted Diplomatic credentials , perhaps we would like 27 individual excellencies to swell our home office costings , just another of Bojo the Clown's tilts at faux sovereignty .

Steve

Camden

Brexit going forward
Is this a volte force on immigration by the Tories ??? The Brexiteers aren't going to like this ... Maybe why I had to read it in the Turkish media ....

One of the biggest migrations of the 21st century! UK opens the door to 5.4 million immigration

As actions against the national security law imposed by China have been going on for a long time in Hong Kong, the UK is preparing to open its doors to 5.4 million Hong Kong citizens. The British government says it has "fulfilled its historic responsibility".

Compiled by: Metin AKTAŞOĞLU 21/01/2021

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
Is this a volte force on immigration by the Tories ??? The Brexiteers aren't going to like this ... Maybe why I had to read it in the Turkish media ....

One of the biggest migrations of the 21st century! UK opens the door to 5.4 million immigration

As actions against the national security law imposed by China have been going on for a long time in Hong Kong, the UK is preparing to open its doors to 5.4 million Hong Kong citizens. The British government says it has "fulfilled its historic responsibility".

Compiled by: Metin AKTAŞOĞLU 21/01/2021

Will that be this year lol

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
143 countries have accorded accreditation , to an agreement drawn up with uk participation and assent , and accepted Diplomatic credentials , perhaps we would like 27 individual excellencies to swell our home office costings , just another of Bojo the Clown's tilts at faux sovereignty .

Steve
So if the UK agreed to an EU Ambassador, would that mean that we would no longer need (for example), a French Ambassador in London?

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brexit going forward
OMG the naivety is astonishing.

Let me break it down for you. You know how the biggest strongest boy in the playground got to dictate things to the smaller boys?

That's now us and the EU and we are not the big boy anymore.
Mmm so when is the EU Ambassador taking up residence in London then?

Maybe you can also tell us about what's going to happen in four years time.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom