Camden

Brave
I am not a religious person, but hats off to the Pope to go into the lion's den of Iraqi and the security concerns.... in a country where minorities have suffered a terrible toll both from ISIS and others ... He was there partly to encourage the Historical Christian Community which has been fleeing from the ME regions, to stay .... It comes at a time another historical minority the Yazidis much maligned recently with horrors hard to imagine has had bitter and sweet news ...

The bitter is in Syria .... they are still being violated by the Ankara backed faction Islamic “Al-Sham Corps” in Afrin countryside around Aleppo. The Sweet in Iraqi The Prime Minister of Iraq, Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, and the Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani, praised the approval of

Ratification of the Yezidi Female Survivors law

"The ratification of the Yezidi Female Survivors law is a vital step towards justice and equal citizenship," he continued, "The Iraqi Government is keen on implementing the law, provide a dignified living for all female survivors, work on freeing those in captivity, and support liberated areas."

Pope arrives in Iraq for historic first-ever papal trip to nation despite fears over security and coronavirus​

The pontiff is visiting the Middle Eastern country after more than a million Christians were driven out by violence.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Brave
I’m not religious & personally I think the financial cost of his visit might’ve been better spent on vaccines for Iraqis

Camden

Brave
Steve is right if people stick to the religious intent. At times it can bring out the best ( as below and this brave Nun ) but also the worst in human nature when the Religious interpretation is distorted .

This was a Brave Nun in Myanmar holding off by praying in between protesters and the security services .... from beating, or killing protesters ... All happening whilst the impotent UN try to work out a response ... not helped by the usual Chinese veto ....

a-brave-nun-makes-a-stand-in-myanmar-603e10944b1ae_600 (1).jpeg

enoch

Brave
Steve is right if people stick to the religious intent. At times it can bring out the best ( as below and this brave Nun ) but also the worst in human nature when the Religious interpretation is distorted .

This was a Brave Nun in Myanmar holding off by praying in between protesters and the security services .... from beating, or killing protesters ... All happening whilst the impotent UN try to work out a response ... not helped by the usual Chinese veto ....

View attachment 21297
People need something to believe in that is their choice , but like Akasya says it's always spoiled by people.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Brave
Religious intent? These days, with a proliferation of new churches springing up in the US, seems rather the intent is to make easy money. Many years ago I was conned into attending a ‘reborn’ church and felt nothing but a malevolent presence there.

Myself I believe in a god (ie something way beyond our understanding) but not in the god of the bible. And why would he/she/it demand our praise – some kind of inferiority complex perhaps? 😊

I follow the dictates of the ten commandments and that of my own conscience because I have to live with myself and I don’t need a church or religion to do so.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses but all opiates come at a price.

Bwaa humbug & rant over.!

enoch

Brave

Religious intent? These days, with a proliferation of new churches springing up in the US, seems rather the intent is to make easy money. Many years ago I was conned into attending a ‘reborn’ church and felt nothing but a malevolent presence there.

Myself I believe in a god (ie something way beyond our understanding) but not in the god of the bible. And why would he/she/it demand our praise – some kind of inferiority complex perhaps? 😊

I follow the dictates of the ten commandments and that of my own conscience because I have to live with myself and I don’t need a church or religion to do so.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses but all opiates come at a price.

Bwaa humbug & rant over.!
It's just another form of brain washing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom