Brand new canny collar for sale
I have a brand new canny collar for sale, size 2.

For those not in the know a canny collar is to help you to train your dog to stop pulling on the lead.

I bought this collar over the internet and had it delivered to my daughter in the UK for her to bring over to Turkey when she came to visit me, however, by the time she came over I had trained my very intelligent dog to stop pulling on the lead (at least most of the time).

Details of the canny collar can be found at dog-online.co.uk - this is where I bought it from.

I paid £14.95 plus postage for the collar, but will accept £10.00.

I am in Side and if anyone is interested, please pm me.

Thanks.

Sue

hijo

in my own clique
..size 2 ..shame .. i could have got it for the missus ..if it fitted..:pressie:

Gin&Tonic

I've got one similar to this called a Halti, I've always used them for lead training. If anyone is having problems with a dog that pulls on a lead I would thoroughly recommend these.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
I had dreadful problems with this. Our Jack Russell would scrape repeatedly at her face to get it off. Any walk was punctuated with her fighting to push off the part on her nose. We couldn't even get out the front door without her removing it. She was so fast. She would scrape at her face so much she would make it bleed. I am really not trying to put anyone off. But, for me it wasn't the answer.

I had dreadful problems with this. Our Jack Russell would scrape repeatedly at her face to get it off. Any walk was punctuated with her fighting to push off the part on her nose. We couldn't even get out the front door without her removing it. She was so fast. She would scrape at her face so much she would make it bleed. I am really not trying to put anyone off. But, for me it wasn't the answer.

My sister uses canny collars on her two large labradoodles with no problems at all.

SUE

I think Sue hit the nail on the head when she said
by the time she came over I had trained my very intelligent dog to stop pulling on the lead
These things are unnecessary. You just need time and patience to train a dog properly. Different problem but same issue - I find it so sad when I see dogs out for walks who are not allowed off the lead and desperate to play with my dog (who is off the lead). When asked why, the owners usually say they daren't let him off because he won't come back. It's so unfair on the dog if the owner can't be bothered to train it or take it to training sessions. Large dogs need more exercise than they can get just walking along on a lead.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
My sister uses canny collars on her two large labradoodles with no problems at all.

SUE

Yes, I am sure people have successes, as I said, I am not trying to put anyone off.

Maybe its more successful with bigger dogs. Ours is a tiny Jack Russell. And I did buy the right size.

Gin&Tonic

These things are unnecessary. You just need time and patience to train a dog properly. Different problem but same issue - I find it so sad when I see dogs out for walks who are not allowed off the lead and desperate to play with my dog (who is off the lead). When asked why, the owners usually say they daren't let him off because he won't come back. It's so unfair on the dog if the owner can't be bothered to train it or take it to training sessions. Large dogs need more exercise than they can get just walking along on a lead.

These leads are nothing to do with dogs being let off their leads. Of course they need exercise but they also need to be walked in busy areas particularly when they are puppies, where they get used to the noise of traffic and people around them which is when these leads are really useful. Large dogs dont necessarily need more exercise, I have a very large dog who doesnt need as much exercise as my smaller dog.

These leads are nothing to do with dogs being let off their leads. Of course they need exercise but they also need to be walked in busy areas particularly when they are puppies, where they get used to the noise of traffic and people around them which is when these leads are really useful. Large dogs dont necessarily need more exercise, I have a very large dog who doesnt need as much exercise as my smaller dog.

Quite correct G&T - these collars are to train your dog to stop pulling. The correct way to use one is to have two leads - one connected to the canny collar and one to the ordinary collar (this doesn't need removing with a canny collar on). When the dog is walking on the lead only use the lead attached to the canny collar when it pulls, otherwise use the lead attached to the ordinary collar.

Once the dog is trained to stop pulling, revert just to an ordinary collar and lead.

SUE

For some reason my reply took a while to show so did it again. Hence edited this!

Last edited:

janA

I disagree they are necessary on some dogs. All dogs have differant temprements. One of our dogs( sheepdog type) has a normal lead hand walks quietly by my side. The other (spaniel cross) will drag you all over as soon as something distracts him. He has a halti, both are allowed off their leads in the forest. The first one nearly always comes back first call the spaniel well!! when he is ready. Both have been trained the same way and we have had dogs for years.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom