Kanga

Boris's flat renovations
Do you really think they can find anyone who is more disreputable, more deceitful,more dishonest, more incompetent, more arrogant and more distrustworthy? That really is a big ask.
Possibly. Remember Lord Mandelson and the mortgage scandal? As for untrustworthy, have you checked what's going on in Li verpool recently?

Camden

Boris's flat renovations
Possibly. Remember Lord Mandelson and the mortgage scandal? As for untrustworthy, have you checked what's going on in Li verpool recently?

Mandelson wasn't that back pre 2000s ? lol.... Liverpool no one of shadow government level .. no excuse but local council l politics ...

Mushroom

Boris's flat renovations
Yes, there is other things important, but this could be seen as important as it shows our PM doesn't have the money to pay for all and sundry nannies , childcare , Caribbean holidays, personal trainer and house decoration none explained nor transparent ... leaves him open to influence and a security threat ....... quite a big worry ....

It's not as if they don't mix in dodgy circles and not for the first time ... Boris Johnson and girlfriend Carrie Symonds have dropped into the Christmas party in London hosted by former KGB agent Alexander Lebedev and his son Evgeny.

Or when FO Johnson refused to answer questions about his w/e visit to Italy, against the advice of his officials and without the 24/7 security detail normally assigned to foreign secretaries . Seen and photographed at a party of the media owner the sam Russian Evgeny Lebedev, who is known for hosting uproarious parties for the rich and famous in his castle in Italy .

If the prostitute themselves out for donations Boris playing tennis with wife of Putin's ex-minister in return for £160,000 Tory donations Lubov Chernukhin also paid £30,000 to have dinner with Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson.
Camden.
Whilst we know just how bent most politicians are - the vast majority of the electorate do not care.
They have been swamped by corruption and after reaching saturation point they are now in acceptance of bent practices being normal in politics.
What they do regard is the fact that the Boris/Rishi combo gave a paid holiday for hundreds of thousands of them, half price food for a while and a stamp duty relief.
Those factors are remembered and corruption forgotten by fickle voters.
It might be different when furlough ends, interest rates for mortgages rise and unemployment rises but for now they do not worry about politics or corrupt politicians.

Kanga

Boris's flat renovations
Mandelson wasn't that back pre 2000s ? lol.... Liverpool no one of shadow government level .. no excuse but local council l politics ...
So corrupt contracts given to Labour cronies for millions of pounds is okay? Is that what you are saying? With interference and undue influence from the head of the biggest TU?
It's always been the same, wasn't it Kinnock who berated L'pool Council for 'scuttling round in taxis handing out redundancy notices' after Derek Hatton and others had bankrupted the city?
Deliberately removing women from candidacy lists for mayor in the last election?
Puts £50k of wallpaper into perspective doesn't it?

If you want REAL corruption why have you forgotten Aitken, who got his daughter to sign a false statement to get him off the hook?
What about Archer, who also perverted the course of justice and lied about being with some tart?
They are real tory scum, but seem to be rehabilitated somehow.
I don't know about you, but in my book lying to the courts and perverting the course of justice by getting your own child to lie for you is a hell of a lot worse that borrowing 50 grand and repaying it. There are others, but that's enough for now.
No politician is a saint, saints dont get elected.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's flat renovations
So corrupt contracts given to Labour cronies for millions of pounds is okay? Is that what you are saying? With interference and undue influence from the head of the biggest TU?
It's always been the same, wasn't it Kinnock who berated L'pool Council for 'scuttling round in taxis handing out redundancy notices' after Derek Hatton and others had bankrupted the city?
Deliberately removing women from candidacy lists for mayor in the last election?

If you want REAL corruption why have you forgotten Aitken, who got his daughter to sign a false statement to get him off the hook?
What about Archer, who also perverted the course of justice and lied about being with some tart?
I don't know about you, but in my book lying to the courts and perverting the course of justice by getting your own child to lie for you is a hell of a lot worse that borrowing 50 grand and repaying it. There are others, but that's enough for now.
It would be wrong to excuse wrong doing because "they were not the first", catch them at it, hammer them, regardless of Party, to abuse the public purse is unacceptable, ---well it is to me, maybe others on here think it is acceptable, to me it is an abuse of trust.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Boris's flat renovations

It is not the wallpaper , it is the persistent and chronic lying that Johnson habitually resorts to .
Steve

Kanga

Boris's flat renovations
It would be wrong to excuse wrong doing because "they were not the first", catch them at it, hammer them, regardless of Party, to abuse the public purse is unacceptable, ---well it is to me, maybe others on here think it is acceptable, to me it is an abuse of trust.
Of course you cannot excuse or condone wrongdoing, where have I said so? My point is that it is a persistent undertone throughout politics, and it happens regardless of party or state. I doubt there's a county anywhere in the world without the same problem, and I'd be a little suspicious if there were.
To a certain extent, all electorates turn a deaf ear or blind eye to it, and only get antsy if it is totally blatant.
Bojo was elected despite his 'shortcummings', not in ignorance of them, and because of the appalling lack of a decent opposition.
This is still a problem; to have a good government we need a good opposition.

Saoirse

Boris's flat renovations
And a decent opposition leader.....along with a lot more difference between the parties

Currently why vote Tory light when you can vote for the real thing!

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's flat renovations
Corbyn's fault then ? what a useful excuse he is, where is his dishonesty with money, try MP's expenses ans see who the bad guys are--
MPs were paid £3.1m in expenses during the first three and a half months after the general election.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority - which runs the new system - has published 22,000 claims paid out between 7 May and 31 August.
Of those MPs who claimed expenses, the largest amount - £20,752 - was paid to Tory Keith Simpson while Labour's Jeremy Corbyn had the lowest at £8.70. And he is responsible for the snouts in the trough :unsure:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Boris's flat renovations
Of course you cannot excuse or condone wrongdoing, where have I said so? My point is that it is a persistent undertone throughout politics, and it happens regardless of party or state. I doubt there's a county anywhere in the world without the same problem, and I'd be a little suspicious if there were.
To a certain extent, all electorates turn a deaf ear or blind eye to it, and only get antsy if it is totally blatant.
Bojo was elected despite his 'shortcummings', not in ignorance of them, and because of the appalling lack of a decent opposition.
This is still a problem; to have a good government we need a good opposition.
There is a difference though Kanga. When Boris was elected he did not have the 'emergency powers' that he has taken on due to the virus, the ability to award contracts without tender or scrutiny. This he has milked to the extreme degree. When electing him the public had no idea of the extent that he would be able to cheat the taxpayer. how much has track and trace cost? has the expenditure been transparent? These figures are vast and unique.

Mushroom

Boris's flat renovations
To have a good opposition in the uk , an unbiased media would help.
Steve
Do you mean that even the Daily Mirror and The Guardian are biased AGAINST Labour?
I think inept opposition is the cause. The only thing Starmer has done of note in the last fortnight is to be ordered to leave a pub and have a stupid photo taken looking at a roll of wallpaper.
Both instances made good media coverage, but for the wrong reasons.
If that's the best his PR people can do for him, they are useless and do him no favours.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's flat renovations
Do you mean that even the Daily Mirror and The Guardian are biased AGAINST Labour?
I think inept opposition is the cause. The only thing Starmer has done of note in the last fortnight is to be ordered to leave a pub and have a stupid photo taken looking at a roll of wallpaper.
Both instances made good media coverage, but for the wrong reasons.
If that's the best his PR people can do for him, they are useless and do him no favours.
Are they the only two newspapers or are there others? You may well find that the ones you didnt mention are virulently anti Labour, but you know that i reckon.

Kanga

Boris's flat renovations
There is a difference though Kanga. When Boris was elected he did not have the 'emergency powers' that he has taken on due to the virus, the ability to award contracts without tender or scrutiny. This he has milked to the extreme degree. When electing him the public had no idea of the extent that he would be able to cheat the taxpayer. how much has track and trace cost? has the expenditure been transparent? These figures are vast and unique.
The emergency powers are approved and time limited by Parliament unlike some others who have had those powers in place without review, since an 'attempted coup'. Most governments have taken EPs to deal with the pandemic.
Agreed that vast sums have been spent. Are you accusing him of purposely arranging an EP Act with the intention of screwing the taxpayer for his own benefit?

Mushroom

Boris's flat renovations
I wouldn't do a survey but the statement was that "an unbiased media would help" but I have cited two pro Labour media outlets which means there is bias in both camps and therefore the unbiased media comment is incorrect.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Boris's flat renovations
The emergency powers are approved and time limited by Parliament unlike some others who have had those powers in place without review, since an 'attempted coup'. Most governments have taken EPs to deal with the pandemic.
Agreed that vast sums have been spent. Are you accusing him of purposely arranging an EP Act with the intention of screwing the taxpayer for his own benefit?
I will only comment on the UK government. I am a guest in Turkey and do not feel it is my place to comment on the politics here. i am accusing the tory government of abusing the extended powers available to them to enrich their chums, and later, when he leaves power, Boris will, I think, expect a payback.

Kanga

Boris's flat renovations
I will only comment on the UK government. I am a guest in Turkey and do not feel it is my place to comment on the politics here. i am accusing the tory government of abusing the extended powers available to them to enrich their chums, and later, when he leaves power, Boris will, I think, expect a payback.
i am accusing the tory government of abusing the extended powers available to them to enrich their chums, and later, when he leaves power, Boris will, I think, expect a payback.

Evidence? Think carefully.

That is a huge accusation to make, as any lawyer on here will see. You are actually accusing people of constructive conspiracy of fraud and theft. In another world you could find yourself in legal difficulties if you are without solid evidence to back it up.
I hold no brief for any party and dislike most politicians but why do you think you can go round making accusations based on your visceral dislike for someone? Have you ever met any of them, or had dealings with them? Is your accusation based on facts that you can prove to be true? If you have evidence of a crime, report it.
Perhaps you've become influenced by more local politics and forgotten that in the UK you are innocent until proved guilty. There are now at least 3 investigations going on into 'wallpapergate' and the truth will out. We all know that Bojo is a disorganised shambles but conspiracy is something else.

I notice you haven't answered my question Are you accusing him of purposely arranging an EP Act with the intention of screwing the taxpayer for his own benefit?

I'd rather be in the UK with a spendthrift government that has largely dealt with the worst, than stuck in India,Pakistan, Syria, or some of the hundreds of other countries where a dictatorial and hierarchical setup ignores the worst affected sick and dying.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Boris's flat renovations
Let the truth be out then, if truth is what we get when one of the investigations can be spiked by boJo. Signing out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom