Mushroom

Boris's fibs
I don't know why everyone's getting het up about a couple of drinks parties. In the scheme of things it's totalling irrelevant. More important is the Covid outcome, which is looking good and the general running of the country and our economy, which appears to be doing very well at the moment.
It's the principle, which some of us had to accept. My terminally ill step dad could not get an appointment with his GP due to Covid restrictions and his condition was not diagnosed until too late.
He wasn't unique, there were tens of thousands in the same predicament.
More people have died of cancer etc than Covid but I'm sure my step dad will be grateful for being terminal rather than treated in the knowledge that Boris and his clan had a party or several during a lockdown and the economy is getting better. He isn't.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Boris's fibs
I don't know why everyone's getting het up about a couple of drinks parties. In the scheme of things it's totalling irrelevant.
Totally agreed but...
and the general running of the country and our economy, which appears to be doing very well at the moment.
Gazette, The.png

"…To put this release of 0.5 per cent (growth) into perspective, it is important to note that in Q2 the figures were 0.7 per cent, so ultimately it is a decline in the rate of UK economy growth. The figures were projected to be bad at 0.3 per cent and maybe worse by some quarters so whilst positive because it beat expectations, it is still overall representative of a decline.

…. One big impact on small businesses and the UK economy in general since the vote is of course the pound. The pound has dropped loosely 15 per cent against a basket of currencies since the vote and October saw sterling take the crown of the world’s worst performing currency falling behind 150 others..."

juco

Boris's fibs
Boris says he will abolish the BBC license fee, please look that way, not at his disreputable behaviour and lying.

given his propensity for lying and backsliding there is little chance it will occur, much like the Boris promise on the bus.
But that will be years away IF it happens, I doubt he wouls still be PM then....

..."The licence fee's existence is guaranteed until at least 31 December 2027 by the BBC's royal charter, which sets out the broadcaster's funding and purpose"....

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's fibs
But that will be years away IF it happens, I doubt he wouls still be PM then....

..."The licence fee's existence is guaranteed until at least 31 December 2027 by the BBC's royal charter, which sets out the broadcaster's funding and purpose"....
It is though, a distraction from his present problems, not unlike the bridge to NI as a distraction to Brexit difficulties, then later quietly dropped, if nothing else, he is predictable.---from the Times, Nadine Dorries has said that she wants to scrap the BBC licence fee as ministers seek to take away attention from the crisis gripping Boris Johnson’s premiership.

Saoirse

Boris's fibs
We could already write the conclusions of white wash investigation

I predict it will say.......

Officials ( civil servant fall guys) were totally unprofessional in how they managed office gatherings etc

Lessons however have been learnt

New procedures have been put in place to ensure no repetition blah blah-maybe even including another internal civil service enquiry

PM was ill advised to attend but conduct and attendance not law breaking

Basically a few flunkies reprimanded maybe even a high civil servant given gardening leave- but dont expect johnsons report into his own actions-carried by a civil servant responsible to him- to say her boss has to go or anything approaching it

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's fibs
We could already write the conclusions of white wash investigation

I predict it will say.......

Officials ( civil servant fall guys) were totally unprofessional in how they managed office gatherings etc

Lessons however have been learnt

New procedures have been put in place to ensure no repetition blah blah-maybe even including another internal civil service enquiry

PM was ill advised to attend but conduct and attendance not law breaking

Basically a few flunkies reprimanded maybe even a high civil servant given gardening leave- but dont expect johnsons report into his own actions-carried by a civil servant responsible to him- to say her boss has to go or anything approaching it
A bit like this , from the Gurniad

The publication of the Sue Gray report into “partygate” is expected to be followed by a clearout of some key officials from Downing Street, a plan reportedly referred to by the prime minister as “Operation Save Big Dog”.
Oliver Dowden, the Conservative party co-chair, in effect confirmed this on Sunday when he said there was a need for a “change of culture” in the building.

Many Tory MPs believe Boris Johnson himself is the person who most needs to go, but he hopes that if others take the blame he might be able to draw a line under the affair. Here are some of the officials most at risk.

Martin Reynolds​

As Johnson’s principal private secretary (PPS), Reynolds is the civil servant with most influence over the prime minister’s day-to-day decision-making. (It’s the Bernard role from Yes Minister.) A career Foreign Office official, Reynolds did the same job for Johnson when he was foreign secretary before becoming ambassador to Libya. He is in the line of fire particularly for sending the email inviting staff to the “BYOB” party in the No 10 garden on 20 May 2020.

Stuart Glassborow​

A former Treasury official who serves as deputy PPS, Glassborow is also in line to leave alongside Reynolds, according to some reports, as part of a planned overhaul of the private office.

Dan Rosenfield​

A former PPS at the Treasury, who worked for Alistair Darling and George Osborne, Rosenfield left the civil service for investment banking but was lured back to Downing Street in late 2020 to be chief of staff, filling the gap left by the departure of Dominic Cummings and Eddie Lister. Since then, he has been the subject of negative briefing from colleagues who find his manner imperious, and he has failed to curb Johnson’s chaotic tendencies. He is blamed for approving the claim that no parties were held at No 10.

Jack Doyle​

A former Daily Mail journalist, Doyle started working for Johnson in Downing Street in 2020 and he took over as director of communications last year, following the departure of Lee Cain and then James Slack. Many of the reports about the drinking culture at No 10 have centred on the press office, where a wine cooler was reportedly installed to facilitate “wine-time Fridays”, and last month it was claimed Doyle had offered to resign after ITV revealed he had given a speech at a lockdown-busting Christmas party on 18 December 2020. At the time, No 10 said the prime minister still had full confidence in Doyle.

Boris's fibs

Credit Suisse boss Horta-Osorio resigns over Covid breaches.​

Thats different, someone caught out and then resigning, well never looks good on the CV being sacked.
Quoted on the BBC as saying
"I regret that a number of my personal actions have led to difficulties for the bank and compromised my ability to represent the bank internally and externally," Mr Horta-Osorio said in a statement issued by the bank.
"I therefore believe that my resignation is in the interest of the bank and its stakeholders at this crucial time," he added.

May be the word bank could be substituted with the word country and the PM could use it?

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Boris's fibs

Credit Suisse boss Horta-Osorio resigns over Covid breaches.​

Thats different, someone caught out and then resigning, well never looks good on the CV being sacked.
Quoted on the BBC as saying
"I regret that a number of my personal actions have led to difficulties for the bank and compromised my ability to represent the bank internally and externally," Mr Horta-Osorio said in a statement issued by the bank.
"I therefore believe that my resignation is in the interest of the bank and its stakeholders at this crucial time," he added.

May be the word bank could be substituted with the word country and the PM could use it?
Fat chance of Bunter following suit. Man has no shame

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom