Saoirse

Boris's fibs
Political figures I find/ found trustworthy

Some Irish you probably wouldn't know but in the bigger picture quite a few-

For me decency honesty and trust can transend political position in that I can admire those qualities even though they may hold a very different view to my own

Off top of my head Mandela Tony Benn Dennis Skinner Ken Clarke Kevin Mc,Namara and others

Boris's fibs
Political figures I find/ found trustworthy

Some Irish you probably wouldn't know but in the bigger picture quite a few-

For me decency honesty and trust can transend political position in that I can admire those qualities even though they may hold a very different view to my own

Off top of my head Mandela Tony Benn Dennis Skinner Ken Clarke Kevin Mc,Namara and others
Jeeez step into the here & now.

Saoirse

Boris's fibs
If you're talking your current crop in Britain- nope

Schisters liars and self serving establishment career politicians with little in their policies to distinguish between them

Your current ruling party is almost a caricature of dishonesty privilege and sleaze

Boris's fibs
If you're talking your current crop in Britain- nope

Schisters liars and self serving establishment career politicians with little in their policies to distinguish between them

Your current ruling party is almost a caricature of dishonesty privilege and sleaze

I suppose you’re going to tell us that all current Irish and EU politicians are as straight as the day is long 😂

Saoirse

Boris's fibs
I am 101% not going to say any such thing

All their Irish conservative counterparts are exactly the same as the British

It's in the DNA of the right wing privileged elite . Nationality doesn't come in to it

Sadly it's also in the DNA of the easily manipulated naive to support them too- regardless of Nationality

Boris's fibs
I am 101% not going to say any such thing

All their Irish conservative counterparts are exactly the same as the British

It's in the DNA of the right wing privileged elite . Nationality doesn't come in to it

Sadly it's also in the DNA of the easily manipulated naive to support them too- regardless of Nationality

So it’s only politicians with a conservative leaning then.....

Saoirse

Boris's fibs
Well if you are self serving privileged elite you can call them what you want
I specifically used conservative with small c so it would include all those of that bent.

Certainly covers more than just the British Conservative Party

Irelands 2 parties FF and FG are conservative as our many parties in Belfast

British Labour party figures like Blair Starmer etc would also easily fall into the privileged careerist elite grouping.

Plenty of room in hell for em all lol!

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's fibs
Well you seem to have moans at all and sundry, so just wondering who you put on a pedestal politically......Starmer, Raynor, Lammy etc
And in a puff of smoke, the subject of Boris the liar disappears, old hat chips, overdone and stale. I do though, understand how the truth of your hero, Boris the liar, can be uncomfortable for you.
Now back to the dodged bits, it was Boris who recruited, promoted, paid and defended Cummings was it not? did he see himself reflected in his choice ?

Boris's fibs
And in a puff of smoke, the subject of Boris the liar disappears, old hat chips, overdone and stale. I do though, understand how the truth of your hero, Boris the liar, can be uncomfortable for you.
Now back to the dodged bits, it was Boris who recruited, promoted, paid and defended Cummings was it not? did he see himself reflected in his choice ?

Boris is my hero 😂 no Mollag like it or not, he’s the UKs PM. People were well aware of what the alternative was and they said thanks but no thanks.

Camden

Boris's fibs
Somebody said, to paraphrase , Johnson as PM in his employment choices and judgement is/was sadly lacking he either gave one of the most important posts during a Pandemic ... The Health Ministry to a liar. Someone who was given this important task, who then went on to lie to his boss and the public on a policies implementation, which never happened , the results caused many deaths eg The protection around care homes and our most vulnerable... Hancock .....

Or he employed and allowed a Serial Fantasist into the very heart of Government to form, advise on policy, which Cumming now agrees was lacking , negligent and mismanaged resulting in deaths ... either way this Government led by Boris didn't fulfill its role to protect its citizens.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's fibs
Boris is my hero 😂 no Mollag like it or not, he’s the UKs PM. People were well aware of what the alternative was and they said thanks but no thanks.
And a stranger to the truth, You reap what you sow, and boy, the UK will reap, no comment on his choice of senior advisor then, a pretty bad choice IMHO, he seems to be reaping what he did sow now, :confused:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Boris's fibs
From the Guardian, it would be hard to find anyone who would trust the UK under Boris these days

The reason for much of the EU’s irritation was a feeling that the UK under Johnson simply could not be trusted. Throughout recent weeks, and on Saturday, the prime minister made it clear he would be prepared to unilaterally delay the full implementation of the Northern Ireland protocol – part of the Brexit withdrawal agreement – in order to prevent a ban on some foodstuffs, including sausages, crossing the Irish Sea from Great Britain.

Restrictions on British-produced chilled meats entering Northern Ireland are due to come into force at the end of this month as part of Brexit deals struck (and much hailed by the prime minister at the time) with the EU to protect its single market.

Chasey

Boris's fibs
I find it odd people suggesting theres inherent dishonesty in government so we should just accept it as the norm. It seems more the case to me that today we have been asked to suffer two of the worst liars in the history of politics David Cameron was bad but jesus Boris takes it to a new level.

50 years ago no MP let alone priminister would be able to survive the shame of one of Borris's many indiscretions or outright lies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom