SLEEPY

Boris - Tories - What now?
The leader of the opposition buying his mum a donkey sanctuary made the front pages

PM trying to give his mistress a £100k Govt job when Foreign Secretary did not
Incredible.

Maisie

Keir Starmer bought a 7 acre field behind his parents' house 24 years ago, so that they could look after rescue donkeys. The field is in Greenbelt and as such is worth whatever the value of grazing land is in Surrey.

His parents have now died. He is, apparently, trying to sell the field and the house, as per his parents' Wills.

Maisie

Mushroom

It's looking like Boris isn't bothering with the Wakefield by-election, unless he has flown up early this morning to return to London by noon for PMQ's or is he flying up this afternoon after PMQ's.
No prominent PR MP's either from Tory ranks.
Do they know something?

Mushroom

I've just been through the centre of Wakefield to drop the legal daughter off at work and the By-election is in full swing.
First of all, there are labour posters stuck all over the place but none for Tories.
Then, as we passed Sainsbury's on a busy dual carriageway, there was a bloke dressed as Boris, complete with mask and blond wig, holding a placard which read "It's my party and I'll lie if I want to."
My daughter would have taken a photo if we could have stopped. She hates Tories.
I rang my mate who lives in a suburb of Wakey and he was telling me that he had been visited a couple of evenings ago by an Asian man wearing a big blue rosette.
Introducing himself as the Tory candidate, he had asked my mate if he could rely on his vote in the forthcoming By-election, to which my mate said "No."
The man looked a bit taken aback and asked if he would be voting at all?
My mate said "No".
The man asked if there was a reason for not voting and my mate pointed out that he lived in a constituency covered by the Outwood and Morley area and the Tory was clearly lost.
The Tory said, "But you are in Wakefield with a WF postcode."
At that my mate pointed out that the WF postcode stretches to the outskirts of Leeds, and going East 15 miles to the border with both South and North Yorkshire, before adding "If you don't even know the area you are supposed to be representing, you haven't got a chance."

Bramidan

Mush, do you reckon anybody ever took the pi,,.
I used to laugh at his dress sense, obviously on the tele, miles and miles away!

Mushroom

Mush, do you reckon anybody ever took the pi,,.
I used to laugh at his dress sense, obviously on the tele, miles and miles away!

He was a showman and could box, but his dress sense was famous.
His eccentric mannerisms were a thing of legend as well,
The well repeated story in his days at his peak was when he went to Las Vegas with his then promoter Barry Hearn, who was treating him to front seats at a very rare stage appearance of Barbra Streisand.
With an absolutely full house and a concert due to start at 7.30pm, Barry Hearn was sitting in his seat 10 minutes early but with no sign of Eubank.
As 7.30pm arrived and everyone facing the stage, Eubank calmly walked to his seat, wearing his tweed jacket, Jodhpurs and monocle and whilst about to sit down said in a voice intended to be heard by many
"Please tell Miss Streisand, I'm ready now !"
As he sat down, the band started and Streisand appeared.
Magic !!

Top Bottom