Chasey

Boris - Tories - What now?
Instead of blaming Eco Warrior's and anti frackers, you should be asking why the Tories why they cut subsidies for solar, blocked onshore wind power , sold off the Green Investment Bank, scrapped their flagship Green Homes grant to use less energy and drawing on all possible zero carbon sources of power.
The green homes grant was specifically designed to be un usable

I wanted to put in secondary double glazing in five G2 listed properties to improve EPC standards. This was covered under the green homes grant. I contacted every company locally, none of them were able to offer the green homes grant as they were still going through registration.

I found a registered company and they were charging so much, it was considerably cheaper to install them without the grant by using a local company.

After a mountain of complaints like this, the system was scrapped.

Chasey

I am not sure if I am able to qualified as a climate change denier but hears a couple of points that bother me

1: The sum total of ALL man made green house emissions add up to a total of 0.28% of global green house emissions?

If we went carbon Neutral globally tomorrow, we would only impact the events unfolding by 0.28%

2: Most of the green energy concepts do not stand up to scrutiny. There's been a big debunking of wind farm efficacy for example.

3: Some targets like for example Band C EPC regulations for rental properties or all-electric cars by 2050 seem implausible with the current infrastructure and the rapid development of the concept means it's likely the infrastructure would be out of date before its even finished. The concept seems very much half-baked.

4: We are warned of floods and new ice ages and searing temperatures brought about by climate change? So what? I lived in Kent which was mainly chalk based and chalk means Kent was once at the bottom of the ocean. The ice caps have melted in the past, the Thames froze so solid that they built shops and markets on it and fossils show we were once in a subtropical zone in Croydon :)

In short, the concept that the landmasses are never going to change and the weather patterns we have now are never going to change is utterly ridiculous.

The planet will do what the hell it likes and we will adapt or die.

So deffo a climate change denier then? Well yes and no because Air quality is a separate issue IMHO and I am all for improved air quality, responsible management of toxic waste, minimization of harmful emissions and a DRASTIC reduction in gratuitous waste from packaging.

Which ironically is being pushed by the same eco worriers who push climate change on the laughable basis we can stop it.

Personally, I think our hubris on this issue is staggering

Kanute.jpg

Jaycey

African Refugee
Climate change is to be expected - it's the rate at which it is changing that is the worry.

enoch

There is an old saying by the farmer up our way if its happened once it will happen agin.. Nothing you do will stop it.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
There is an old saying by the farmer up our way if its happened once it will happen agin.. Nothing you do will stop it.
So we should do nothing? My mother had a chip pan fire. We got rid of the chip pan. It won't happen again.

enoch

So we should do nothing? My mother had a chip pan fire. We got rid of the chip pan. It won't happen again.
Meaning the likes of flooding etc. When he was a boy of 14 he was nearly washed away by flooding 3m deep and the wall of a bridge saved his life, he could not wait to retire and sell the farm and build a house higher up that's how I got to know him. He moved in and 7 years later it happened again 65 years after the last one. That's why he says it will happen agin.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
There has been a lot of smoke and mirrors, subsidies and levies incorporated into this Climate change topic.
I don't have a problem doing sensible things that might make a bit of a difference but I am not going to beleive for a minute that our efforts are going to more than a 'bit'. We aren't going to make any changes of significance and climate change as stated, is a natural phenomena, but we might just make it less harsh and extreme if there was a global effort.
However, that is not the case and we are going to cop for it, as and when it keeps making it's resurgance.

Chasey

My main concern is climate change has been used as a hammer to increase taxation on pointless ventures.

A bit like the fake oil shortages in the 80s you know when they said we'd run out of oil by 2010 and oil prices trebled almost overnight

When they said oil was a finite resource and then it turned out this was rubbish when oil fields deemed to be defunct suddenly started filling up again.

It was all fake news designed to prop up the collapsing dollar and turn a gold standard currency into a petrol currency

Clean air and toxic waste are serious issues.

Climate change is just a natural event we have to adapt to

Man's input of 0.28% of greenhouse emissions is frankly negligible in the scale of things.

BUT we need clean air and clean water, so on balance the steps we are taking are beneficial just the nomenclature is bogus

Camden

Our problem being in such a pickle over Energy costs with energy firms going bankrupt could be our lack of energy storage capacity and facilities ? we have very little amounts of energy storage. I believe we have between less than 2% to 6% of our annual demand ( which could be bought when the market prices are cheaper and stored ) . So when problems happen like the energy line going on fire and the unusual phenomenon of no wind to turn our Turbine generated energy we have no real back up in surplus capacity ....

Whilst in Europe they hold far bigger storage in case of emergencies, Germany, France, and Italy, storage covers about 20% of their annual demand .... Recent Tory Governments actually have cut our storage facilities or privatised them who have cut them ..huh as they are as seen needed but expensive to maintain ...but as seen looks what happens ...and worse will happen in April when the energy cap is allowed to be reviewed and will then be based on the then current wholesale prices...

Last edited:

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Two things have come to my attention from a friend. Both are worrying if true.

The first is that when there was mention of the Army providing drivers to assist with the HGV driver shortage, it was pointed out by the top brass that about 10 years ago the vast majority of army HGVs were sold in favour of using private contractors and in doing so, driver training for Army personnel practically ceased.

The second is that in order to try to push greater numbers of civilian HGV drivers through the system, the reversing manoeuvre has been removed from the driving test including artics.
I can relate from my own experience that the reversing discipline is by far the hardest part of the test.
It used to be carried out within the confines of the test centre and some people failed their test on reversing before they ever reached the public highway.
The discipline required accuracy and precision in turning the trailer and unit then parking it fully in a confined space.
I reached day 5 of 10 before it all dropped Into place and it came with a feeling of relief.
I worry that the newly qualified artic drivers will make their mistakes attempting to reverse into loading bays at wholesalers, supermarkets and in the vicinity of the public at large with potentially dangerous consequences.
Not favourable shortcuts?

429nufc

You just got to accept that they are clueless
Next time I pass an HGV at 70 mph on a wet night I ll be praying the driver took the full course

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

Akasya

Postless Pointer
At the depot i worked in Goods In , we had only 60 bays , the number of agency drivers who could not reverse on to a bay was legion , we carried four shunters , three for loads goods out and one spare for moving unloaded trailers and covering goods in agency . A polish lad , great worker , ex Polish army , told us that Army licenses were the gift of an officer , not a tester / examiner , the best driver ever imho was a young lady ex uk Army Logistics corp who could drive / reverse any thing with one look at the angles , no matter where the dumb driver had to abandon , she was simply the best .
Steve

429nufc

Why did the Governments allow a strategic resource to be controlled by one foreign company? Germany's also doing it with Russians and gas?

Camden

International statesman addressing the UN .... He is an embarrassment ..... Boris sees himself as a modern day Churchill ...you are having a laugh ..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boris lectures World Leaders they must "grow up" who thinks Boris is the right person to tell or sets an example in growing up ???? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boris Johnson says humanity must 'grow up' to halt climate crisis during UN speech –​

Latest Posts

Top Bottom