Akasya

Postless Pointer
Boris - Tories - What now?

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
He's 6ft 9 inches tall and acting in a threatening and intimidating way. You don't have to threaten or intimidate at that height, unless you are exploiting it. He's basically a bully. I would love to see him doing his stuff around our way where his testicles are about 4 feet from the ground at best and within easy reach of a well lined up boot.
I aren't pushing the politics, I just hate bullies.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
I've just been reading that Sir Lyndsey Hoyle, the Speaker is in full agreement with me !!
Having heard all the leaks over the past week regarding Freedom Day being pushed back a month, I've been saying all along that the Political world of PR and spin has reached a point that every decision being made by the Tories is heard first on Sky, BBC or wherever instead of in Parliament. That is blatantly wrong.
Parliament is in session, the continuation of our 'release' whether you agree or not, is regarding our freedoms and they can't even make the announcements in the appropriate place at the appropriate time.
I have also noted that by the time we have been pushed back a month, that will coincide with Parliament being in Recess and that means that there will be no awkward questions asked for about two months after that by our MP's.
I am betting that a new variant might be arriving before then and Sky news will be announcing another push-back.

Akasya

Postless Pointer

At the time i just thought it was spin , however it obviously is true , even IDS hisself admits not reading said as " it is so good "

Clowns of the highest order
Steve

Camden

Are the electorate slowly waking up to Boris and the Tories inept rule ??

The Conservatives have suffered a humiliating by-election defeat as the Liberal Democrats secured a historic win in Chesham and Amersham.

Chesham and Amersham by-election: Liberal Democrats deal blow to Tories overturning 16,000 majority

Sarah Green is the country's newest MP after winning in what has been a Conservative stronghold since its creation in 1974

The Conservatives have suffered a humiliating by-election defeat as the Liberal Democrats secured a historic win in Chesham and Amersham.

Chesham and Amersham by-election: Liberal Democrats deal blow to Tories overturning 16,000 majority Sarah Green is the country's newest MP after winning in what has been a Conservative stronghold since its creation in 1974.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
He recently arrived in Wakefield to do his bit for the Batley/Spen By-election. Train this time, not plane.
Batley international airport was closed.

Camden

He recently arrived in Wakefield to do his bit for the Batley/Spen By-election. Train this time, not plane.
Batley international airport was closed.

Maybe worried and doing some damage limitation with a visit, after the shock of a humiliating by election defeat in Chesham and Amersham the Liberals breaking the Blue Wall ? In doing so losing their 16,000 majority in a seat they held for 47 years to a supposedly down and out Liberal Party after Brexit ...

Last edited:

esb1841

For Labour, it was the worst by-election result in the party's history.
There has been speculation the result was partly down to Labour supporters voting Lib Dem in order to oust the Conservatives.
Pat Easton, one of three Labour candidates standing in Chesham for the unitary authority elections in May, says she "suspects it probably was tactical voting".

Edwin Ellis, who lives in Chesham, says he "voted tactically".
"I voted for Lib Dems but would normally vote Labour," he says.
Explaining his reasons, he turns to a football analogy.
"If you can't vote for Arsenal, vote against Tottenham," he says.

I noticed Rejoin EU came in at 8th place with 101 votes

Camden

Ha ha nothing like a Tory clutching at straws to deflect from their 16,000 loss of a majority .. Nothing wrong with a bit of tactical voting to oust a Tory ... but looking at the figures even a labour vote added, couldn't have accounted for humiliating loss of 16,000 lost majority in this constituency

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Here's one for you left wing communists.
The Asian male MP for Wakefield who is gay has just been charged with sexual offences with a 15 year old boy in 2008.
He denies any guilt and is appearing at the Old Bailey mid July.
He may well be innocent, he might be found not guilty but the timing is not good for the Tories with the Batley by- election on the 1st of July and Wakefield is very close by.
Put a bob on Labour.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Surely by having an affair he broke lockdown regulations, he should go for that alone.
According to some reports his spokesperson said no Covid rules have been broken, now tongues down throats isn't quite social distancing is it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom