peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
booze at bodrum
I've got a couple of unopened bottles old vodka. Does anyone know if it's ok to take them back through bjv in my hand luggage, or would it be confiscated???

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
booze at bodrum
I brought some gin back for linsey a couple of weeks ago and some water to drink at the airport..that was all in my hand luggage

martin

shuey

booze at bodrum
hi pete,

i wouldnt worry too much,
ive brought booze back a few times in hold luggage,
with no problems usually just wrap the bottles in towels to protect them

chris

kaplumba

booze at bodrum
There was a notice at Dalaman airport the other day stating that you can't take liquids in your hand luggage after 1st August. Of course you can take it in 100ml bottles in a clear bag. I'm assuming that will be for all Turkish airports.

sunseeker

booze at bodrum
I do not know what Bjv is up to , I went through both scanners with a bottle of water in my hand bagage and my wife had a bottle in her hand. We were not stopped.

kaplumba

booze at bodrum
I do not know what Bjv is up to , I went through both scanners with a bottle of water in my hand bagage and my wife had a bottle in her hand. We were not stopped.

I went through with water too but the notice said no liquids after 1st August. Might be worth wrapping it in towels and plastic bags Pete and sticking it in the hold bag.

thingthong

booze at bodrum
i'm afraid,no liquid of anysorts over 100ml are allowed in your hand luggage
tevez will be player of the year next season

booze at bodrum
Does this mean that the BJV Duty Free alcohol section is going to be hit quite hard by the reduced sales from Outward bound travellers ???

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
booze at bodrum
Why do you want to bring it back Pete??
I thought you were on the wagon :cheer2:

booze at bodrum
We went through Antalya Airport in May, and they even confiscated my empty water bottle in my hand luggage. They were confiscating all liquids there. There were new signs up saying no liquids would be allowed through. Some people had flights delayed by up to 4 hours, and all drinks on sale (water, coffee, etc) were extortionate. Many people threw their bottles of water away when they went through the first security check, but it's the second one that matters. Everyone was searched as they went through the gate to board the plane.

thingthong

booze at bodrum
hi ian

duty free sales will be unaffected by this new rule,has you will have cleared security by then,thus being free to purchase duty free
it just liquids from the outside that will not be allowed

Latest Posts

Top Bottom