alanjb

Book swap
Hi everyone, especially those in Gumusluk.
I will be spending the summer with my wife Maggie at our home in Gum San 1
arriving on 5th June. Having explained on the introduction page, I'm now a man of leisure having now retired at the young age of 55. (Age is relative, my body insists I'm 55, my brain still reckons it's 20) I am an avid reader and already have 60 plus books at the villa and intend to take another 30 plus when we go out there. My idea of heaven is a good book, in the sun by the pool and a cold effes not to far away. Being male and not into multi tasking I hear little when engrossed in a good book. My daughters bought me a Homer Simpson mug for Easter, "I couldn't agree more with whatever you said" embossed on the side. Are they trying to tell me something ! Anyway I digress, I understand there are other members of the forum staying at Gum San 1, Maybe I could start a book swap for those members and others in the area. let me know your thougts on the idea. I'm easy to find being on the site on the left, at the bottom of the hill just before the sea.

Sorry I couldn'd make the get together at Sue's place in May. If its a success lets try and make it a regular event.

Alan

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Book swap
hi Sue here - yes i am sorry but hopefully in June !
i do have books in the restaurant which people can swap - take or whatever - you will be very welcome to use anytime
Looking forward to meeting you both

pebble

Book swap
oh yeayyyyyy!! another avid reader............. well I think that is a splendid idea you have.....I just finished a good book, hated finishing it.....it was WHITEOUT BY kEN fOLLET. Have you read it? he is so good.......

anyway, would love to get together for a swap when you are here.......

cheers
Pebble

Book swap
Hi Alan
I'll send something over with Rob?Is it just you that is the bookworm or is Maggie one too ? I get through so many I am reading anything by the end of a holiday, I even tried reading B'worths!!!
Juls

Pennie

Book swap
Hi, anybody in the Altinkum area brilliant book shop/swap at Betty's cafe just off the front. He charges 10ytl for a book but gives you 5ytl back when you take it back. Literally hundreds to choose from in loads of different categories.

Book swap
Hello Alan, what a good idea, we both love reading, mainly crime thrillers and auto-biographies, what sort of books do you read?

We are over in Gumusluk in May and July so hopefully we can meet up sometime.

iskocya

Somewhere in Turkey
Book swap
One of the yacht clubs in Bodrum has a "library" and its free to borrow any of the books. Cant remember the name but can give you directions if you are interested.

Delia

Delia
Book swap
We have a book swop in our office in Calis at the side of the Forum Bar, opposite Taurean Properties. Please feel free to call in.

pipermam

Book swap
Hi Alan, coming out on the first of July. Not quite 55 yet but wishing I was as this would make me a lady of leisure. Just a few more years to go. However I also am an avid reader. Have a stock of about 40 books to swop and will have more in July. I'm in Turkbuku. Mary

lynne

Book swap
I would like to join in your 'swopping'.I am in Gundogan if anyone is coming out here.
Will swop some at the get together this week at Lucky Cats in Yalikavak.
Lynne :)

Book swap
Bryan has a point haha
We dont seem to have time in our busy lives to read anything apart from a newspaper.
We would love to know how people can spend hours reading books.
We think its great but cant imagine having that much free time.
At our gym there is a lady who reads a book whilst pounding away on the cross trainer and we thought ahah thats how its done!
Hang the book around your neck and do it whilst doing other things DRIVING THE CAR EXCLUDED OF COURSE.
We admire others that can read like this on this forum.
We find we always want to be doing something or always have things to do

Book swap
Hi, I am also an avid reader, absolutley love a good book, and am devastated when I come to the end. I will read anything, but at the moment into Martina Cole. I have read all her books and waiting for the latest one to be released in papaerback in June (just in time for my hol to Turkey). Would be very interested in a book swop club in Bodrum. Will be there in June, so hope to catch up with a few members.

Carolyn

Book swap
Bryan, a book is:

1. Something you put over your face to keep the sun off
2. To make sure you're everyone knows your a tourist
3. To imply you can read
4. To let everyone know what nationality you are

Last edited:

pebble

Book swap
I read instead of watching TV. and carry a book in my purse and whenever i have an extra minute i open it up.... you kno how you end up spending an hour at the banks here in bdrum, well, i get to enjoy my book......

would love to swap books.....

I just put aside a bag full ready to trade.... :music:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom