smee

over 'ere
Book forum?
Is there a readers forum where we can suggest good reads? Having just read a really good book I feel that others would appreciate I wondered if there already was a forum for this. If so what is the title? Thanks

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Book forum?
Working my way through Stephen Leather books at the moment. Just started False friends.

smee

over 'ere
Book forum?
I have just read this book and, although I needed tissues at some points, the whole book was thoroughly enjoyable. I am a great fan of the author's and wonder if anyone else is. The book was Rosie Tomas, Iris and Ruby. What do others think of it?

bookworms

Book forum?
Anyone want any free paperbacks to see them through the winter?

About 8 carrier bags full mainly romantic fiction but plenty of detective too. Some WW2 biograpy, "Gladiator" type historical. Enough variety to keep a non talking couple going until Spring

Could possibly deliver in yalikavak/Gumusluk/ Turgutreis area

Last edited:

A89

Book forum?
If anyone in Alanya ever wants some paperbacks please get in touch. I often have lots that i've done with waiting for a good home. ;)

alison

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Book forum?
For those of you who use e-readers this is an excellent site. Each day they will send you suggested books at very low prices, often free. When you first log on, you register the genres/authors that you like and they send you the latest deals. I have a Kindle and buy through Amazon, this is a lot easier than the amazon site.
https://www.bookbub.com/ebook-deals/recommended

Last edited:

Kalkanite

Kalkanite
Book forum?
I’m halfway through reading Stephen King’s latest book, Sleeping Beauties. A lot of fanciful nonsense, but very enjoyable and entertaining. I usually only read free books on Kindle, but I always make an exception for Stephen King. Worth every penny.

Kanga

Book forum?
Have just finished 'Crisis' by Frank Gardner (BBC foreign correspondent). Rather gory in parts but a good plot based on a terror threat to the UK. Much of the technical and spy stuff rang true and I suspect he has a lot of inside knowledge.

As a complete change my new read is 'A Secret History' by Donna Tart, who seems to be writing in a similar style to the late Iris Murdoch.

dearsley

Book forum?
Is there a readers forum where we can suggest good reads? Having just read a really good book I feel that others would appreciate I wondered if there already was a forum for this. If so what is the title? Thanks
Hi Smee.....I wonder if you'd be interested in my book Twelve Camels For Your Wife about my 49 year love affair with Turkey. It's on Amazaon/Kindle but rather than buy it why don't you read a sample chapter? I was trying to attach it on this forum but it doesn't seem to want to accept ....so if you send an e mail to gdearsley@aol.com I'll send it to you. best wishes. GeorgeTwelve Camels For Your Wife: An Englishman's Lifelong Love Affair With Turkey: Amazon.co.uk: Dearsley, George: 9798733800868: Books

Latest Posts

Top Bottom