Royster

Bomb Shelters
Can anyone tell me when the turkish law on bomb shelters came into force.
As we are being told that we can not have an iskan as the site was built without a bomb shelter

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Bomb Shelters
I know one local chap who has the cellar of his house designated as a shelter for use in an emergency. This was done as part of the planning process prior to it being built.

Ian

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Bomb Shelters
Not sure when it came into force, but complexes of a certain size must now have a shelter. It is probably more to do with earthquakes than bombs.

Harem

I've cliqued
Bomb Shelters
Our apartment block (one of two) built in 2004 had an underground cellar which was the bomb shelter for both blocks we were told.

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Bomb Shelters
Does anyone know is it still the requirement for apartment blocks of 6 to have a 'shelter' (Isiklik) e.g. in the basement.

christella

Bomb Shelters
We have the underground shelter under the swimming pool at olive gardens as most of the complexes having a large pool

oldfogy

Just passing through
Bomb Shelters
Sounds about right, if the quake debris doesn't get you, the pool cracking above you will make sure you drown fairly quickly.

But yes, I have heard that with a lot of these 'rooms' they have usually been re-allocated as basement apartments, or where turkish caretakers have been sited.

LauraB

Bomb Shelters
Are they not shelters for after the event rather than for the event itself? So people have somewhere to live in the event of a disaster.

Bomb Shelters
They are still required. But you may find they have been built as Bars and Gyms etc. You may also find that your pool was originally in the plans as a car park-seriously.

Mary.

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Bomb Shelters
Thanks Mary. You are so right, lol..or a case of shelters turned into offices, gyms etc that might be seen as an improvement by owners but when the belidiye check against the plans...for something that is shown only as a shelter guess some of these places will be fined all round!

Before any changes are to be made the people doing the alterations should check the plans first...not like first and pay later.

True about restaurant and bars many of them are outhouses or just storage! BUT in the years it takes to get habitation on those sites just think how much money has been generated from running those places...

Top Bottom