Bodrums Burnıng
just a quıck post to see ıf any 1 ıs close by to the fıre just outsıde the centre of Bodrum ı can only see the smoke but belıeve ıt ıs supposed to be quıte bad close an threatenıng to a number of propertıes.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Bodrums Burnıng
any idea where it is Michael in relation to Bodrum centre I have a friend who lives in Bodrum but who is in the UK at the moment. thanks

Bodrums Burnıng
It started by the tennıs place and has worked over the hıll goın down towards the houses an forest ın the valley!!!!!!!

any idea where it is Michael in relation to Bodrum centre I have a friend who lives in Bodrum but who is in the UK at the moment. thanks

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Bodrums Burnıng
Ohh blooming hell, keep and eye on it and keep us updated please I am in Turgutreis so can't see anything. bad day for it if its as breezy there as it has been here today.

Bodrums Burnıng
there ıs a mentıon on kent tv but ıt ıs ın turkısh ı am not sure ıf thats of any help but the vıdeos wıll be posted on there shortly

BODRUM,Kent Medya Grubu.

Wıll let you know ıf ı hear any more on ıt.
Ohh blooming hell, keep and eye on it and keep us updated please I am in Turgutreis so can't see anything. bad day for it if its as breezy there as it has been here today.

uncle fester

Senior Member.
Bodrums Burnıng
hi to all yes i am looking at the fire now from my window,and it is really bad and now speading over the hill from the tennis court into a valley over the other side which is full of trees.
the wind is blowing down into bodrum direction,which all new houses at the bottom,looks like going to be a long nite for the fire service.
i think the fire service is knocking on all homes to empty them.??????????

Last edited:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Bodrums Burnıng
thanks understand bits n bobs think my friend should be Ok, hope everyone else is,

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Bodrums Burnıng
Hi Michael

That's terrible, hope everyone is safe and they get it under control quickly. The fires in Greece were very bad recently.

Maura

waterbaby

Bodrums Burnıng
I hope they manage to get it under control quickly and no one gets hurt. Is the tennis place the one down the back road from halikarnas nightclub, heading towards the airport? thats the only tennis place i can think of.

juco

Bodrums Burnıng
In order to identify the location maybe those in the know could use the co-ordinates, in red (eg 2A or 4C) to pinpoint the fire. I am sure this would bw of help for those not staying there at the moment, but are concerned about their property.

14kbcsx.jpg

Bodrums Burnıng
Yes spot on ıts called tennıs lıfe on the way out of bodrum on the ıçmeler road.
Sorry ı cant tell you anymore ı am ın gumbet and ı am unable to see anythın now.
I hope they manage to get it under control quickly and no one gets hurt. Is the tennis place the one down the back road from halikarnas nightclub, heading towards the airport? thats the only tennis place i can think of.

Bodrums Burnıng
The co ordınate would be H4 roughly ı hope thıs ıs of some help
In order to identify the location maybe those in the know could use the co-ordinates, in red (eg 2A or 4C) to pinpoint the fire. I am sure this would bw of help for those not staying there at the moment, but are concerned about their property.

14kbcsx.jpg

REDDERS

Bodrums Burnıng
We watched it from our terrace tonight,fire service & water helicopter had it out in around 3 hours,totally dark when they finished so can't tell the extent till morning.

martin.

ps.got some fantastic photos from our roof,but always have problems loading to TLF site.

ChrisBobs

Bodrums Burnıng
The location was more J4-K4 from the back of the newest houses straight up the scrubby hills to the top of the first ridges- where it seems it ran into the fire / electricty access tracks and firecrews. And the area burnt in 2007.
A couple of people on the harbourside say that they saw two patches of fires early on...that joined up. The helicopter had to knock off at 8 as it was getting dark. Very hard to get onto that rocky slope and fight but the crews did well.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Bodrums Burnıng
Well, with the huge diversity of co-ordinates given, I can take it we don't have any Artillery Spotters on the Forum!

Please the fire's now under control tho' and hope no-one was injured!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom