Mokkapala

Bodrum Tourist situation this summer?
Hi there. With all this regional issues going on, what is Bodrum's tourist situation likely to be this summer? I come there every summer, keen to know if tourism is doing ok. I know from my home country no tour operator will bring tourists there next summer whereas last year most of them still did. My parents would take direct flights but this time it is not an option.

mollag

Kipper restorer
We have just booked for Gumusluk for 6 weeks and I did get the impression that the flights were less frequent, because of the travel from the IOM to mainland airports, we now seem to always have to night over in an Hotel.
The season seemed very poor in Turgutreis last year IMHO, God love em for this year. :hmm:

Billy Joe

Hi there. With all this regional issues going on, what is Bodrum's tourist situation likely to be this summer? I come there every summer, keen to know if tourism is doing ok. I know from my home country no tour operator will bring tourists there next summer whereas last year most of them still did. My parents would take direct flights but this time it is not an option.

Nothing less than they deserve,very happy to continually crap on tourists more so those who invested money in property there and then make out we are not welcome,ref continually changing visa situation,healthcare and rip offs.

I go every year but live in Izmir. I lived there 13 years and slowly saw the Decline in Tourists. First the Germans and then of late the Russians. However it seemed quite busy in June and October and still lots of Brits of a certain age. I still love it and ok it can be pricey unless you know where to go and eat...

Nothing less than they deserve,very happy to continually crap on tourists more so those who invested money in property there and then make out we are not welcome,ref continually changing visa situation,healthcare and rip offs.

What kind of idiot are you? Britain has very tough rules for Turks to get a visa for UK so why should Turkey make it easy for you? Is it because you're a "celebrity"? If you dont like Turkey or Turks why are you even on this forum? There are words to descibe people like you but I am not allowed to use them on this forum !:114mf:

jakebeak

I have to say BillyJoe I've never been "crapped on" as a tourist or a resident in Turkey. You know nothing of this country and have never even been here. I suggest you don't comment about a country, its people or its laws when you know nothing about them.

Billy Joe

What kind of idiot are you? Britain has very tough rules for Turks to get a visa for UK so why should Turkey make it easy for you? Is it because you're a "celebrity"? If you dont like Turkey or Turks why are you even on this forum? There are words to descibe people like you but I am not allowed to use them on this forum !:114mf:

Yes that's why there are Turkish communities in London with legal and illegals living there,our laws are so stringent as they are in Turkey.When I am in Turkey I support myself the Govt. doesn't unlike here oh and I do enjoy the reaction I can get from eh eh the likes of you,enjoy your day.
Turkey has sown their seed now they reep the benefit,it will be an interesting year with give away prices to encourage me to go.

JB been coming to Turkey for almost twenty years,with a prop there for about half of that time,have a nice day..

Last edited:

Hunt 23

I have to say BillyJoe I've never been "crapped on" as a tourist or a resident in Turkey. You know nothing of this country and have never even been here. I suggest you don't comment about a country, its people or its laws when you know nothing about them.

I've been dozens of times, bought a property, made many Turkish friends.

Like you I have never been cheated or swindled.

Think he needs some sort of help.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
It's a well known fact that many of the members on here have been well and truly ripped off by emlaks, ripped off in restaurants with the odd lira here and there, seen it first hand myself.
I'm now close to 30 years visiting and 10 years owning and still have some of my original Turkish friends from the first years, they themselves told me never to do business with a Turk all those years ago, and they are still as wary now as they were then, still giving the same advice.
So if it hasn't happened to you then like me you are lucky, so far.
I won't count my chickens until I eventually sell up and transfer the money home and pay my capital gain's tax.
So maybe there is some merit in what Billy Joe says.

Martin

tintagel

I think the words you have already used are 'going far enough', too far imo!

Good to see you're over the little scam you were subjected to.... Onwards & Upwards eh!

I wonder if you would be so magnanimous if; you had lost your life savings/pension fund to some grubby, dirty, filthy, lying thieves?

But, lets not rock/knock the boat, when there's bookings, rentals & the future of property values to consider :ballchain

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/rental-properties/80898-beware-sunnyrentals.html

Chocolategirl, you probably avoided being ripped off due to the great advice TLF members gave you in the past!

Last edited:

pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
Like Martin, I have been coming out to Turkey for 28 years, owned a place for 22years. I still have friends made on our first visit , and many more over the years since then. When we were looking for somewhere to buy , we got advice from Turkish friends, like making sure the Tapu was there without any debt attached to it. And when we found a place, Ozan who we bought it off became our best friend, and guided us through the military clearance procedure.
In all the years we have been coming out to Turkey, we have heard of, and seen first hand some people totally ruined by rip off merchants. It does happen and happen often in bars, restaurants, the pazaar, emlaks, shops, anyone who is not too worldly wise is likely to become a victim in some places. I have been lucky and avoided any problems, and love the place to bits.
But don't berate Billy Joe for spelling it out like it is in a lot of places.
Just have a read of past threads if you don't believe it.
One of the biggest threats to visitor numbers for the next few years, will in my mind be the civil unrest in the Middle East, and refugee / migrant numbers in the resorts .
The only thing that will stop me visiting Turkey is when the cost of insurance becomes too prohibitive to have a holiday there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom