sallylamb

Bodrum Kos Ferry
I have heard that the terminal for the Bodrum to Kos ferry has moved, I know that for your residency you now have to go to the new cruise terminal. But does this mean you can no longer get visas at the old harbour police station when you get the ferry. I have some friends that are going on friday and they are unsure how to get to new terminal if that has to be the case. Would appreciate any help with this.

sallylamb

Bodrum Kos Ferry
Just spoke to travel shop and apparently you do now have to go to icemeler to get ferry from bodrum to kos. So it must be same place that people have to go to for residency renewals aswell. Only problem is if you going on dolmus how do you get there???

mazanaldo

Bodrum Kos Ferry
You have confused me, how can the travel shop tell you that you have to go to Icemeler, to catch a Bodrum ferry?
We go tomorrow,and our bus is taking us to Bodrum as usual for the Kos ferry.

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
Bodrum Kos Ferry
Apparently the ferry tommorrow has been cancelled.As we were going on it .!!!!!Hugs Maggie xx

Hi Maggie, is this for definate as my friend and I are supposed to go tomorrow, is there a reason as the weather says fine for tomorrow...........

maggie

Bodrum Kos Ferry
Yes they say its because of the weather. We have been told we are now going on Friday.We phoned Bodrum and were told its not going tommorrow.
However the people in Kos say the ferry is going.

Hugs Maggie xx

Ian

Bodrum Kos Ferry
I have heard that the terminal for the Bodrum to Kos ferry has moved, I know that for your residency you now have to go to the new cruise terminal. But does this mean you can no longer get visas at the old harbour police station when you get the ferry. I have some friends that are going on friday and they are unsure how to get to new terminal if that has to be the case. Would appreciate any help with this.

Don't know where you heard that from I was there only 2 days ago.......

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
Bodrum Kos Ferry
Hopefully this is the right information.....My friends husband who is Turkish has just phoned the ferri boat office....It is running up to now for tomorrow, you are now supposed to reserve your seats as they are only useing the seating area and will not take any more passengers.....It is going from the Cruise Port at Icmeler and the cost is 28 Euros...I have 2 seats reserved for tomorrow...Insallah

SAMIMI

Bodrum Kos Ferry
Directions please:
At the bus (dolmus) station, walk down that street, keep going straight until you get to the area with the taxis, keep walking towards the sea and all the boats.
You used to walk to the left here, towards the castle entrance,
What do you do now? Do you walk to the right and keep going? how long is the walk? there may not be a dolmus! The ferry leaves at 9.30am.
Direct me please.........

Moggycat

Bodrum Kos Ferry
It would be a very long walk, better to take a taxi from Bodrum bus station or look for a bus going to Ichmeler.

mazanaldo

Bodrum Kos Ferry
so is ferry going or not, my operator Sem tours say it's cancelled.Problem my wife and I have got is that unless we go tomorrow we will be 2 days over our 90 days,and that might result in us being refused re entry,unless the authorities recognise the cancellation as a legitimate reason,which it obviously won't if the ferry is in fact going.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Bodrum Kos Ferry
It would be a very long walk, better to take a taxi from Bodrum bus station or look for a bus going to Ichmeler.
There is a bus that goes to Ichmeler, we have walked, you go out of the bus station down to where the telephones are on the corner of Ataturk Cadd. go down Ataturk Cadd, it a fair way, you get to the Backpacker Bar go down the road opposite and follow it round you are now on the other side of the castle, near Halikarnus and you carry on till you see the ferry port. better still catch a bus.!! in fact the bus goes that way, :slapme:

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Bodrum Kos Ferry
so is ferry going or not, my operator Sem tours say it's cancelled.Problem my wife and I have got is that unless we go tomorrow we will be 2 days over our 90 days,and that might result in us being refused re entry,unless the authorities recognise the cancellation as a legitimate reason,which it obviously won't if the ferry is in fact going.

I expect they will say you should have gone before, 2 days at this time of the year is cutting it fine, we usually go 7-10 days before our visa runs out.

Saoirse

Bodrum Kos Ferry

I would not imagine a ferry cancellation would be accepted as an excuse for overstaying the visa

mazanaldo

Bodrum Kos Ferry
even though we pre booked to tomorroe,and the ferry operator says cancelled due to weather,next available ferry is Fridayso couldnt leave the country tomorrow even if I wanted,short of hiring a car and driving to Bulgaria,kicking myself, I should have booked for last Friday to be safe.

bebs

Bodrum Kos Ferry
even though we pre booked to tomorroe,and the ferry operator says cancelled due to weather,next available ferry is Fridayso couldnt leave the country tomorrow even if I wanted,short of hiring a car and driving to Bulgaria,kicking myself, I should have booked for last Friday to be safe.
Hi Mazanaldo read post 9 .............. Bebs

mazanaldo

Bodrum Kos Ferry
That's why I am asking the question,as I visited the Sem tours office in Altinkum,and explained about my visa problem,he phoned harbour police,who according to him told him that the ferry was cancelled due to the weather,and that it should be ok as long as we were only 1 or 2 days over,but the fact that someone has posted that the ferry is going albeit from a different place,and that seats must be reserved,I am begining to think that maybe the operator I booked with is not telling me the whole truth.If I knew it was definately going, I would try to get to Bodrum under my own steam,and book a seat, but if only seating has already been booked, then it might be a fruitless journey.What a dilemma.

Bodrum Kos Ferry
Maz, try giving Love Tours a ring, they might know what is happening.
My friends trip has also been cancelled for tomorrow. It does all seem to be very confusing.

maggie

Bodrum Kos Ferry
I rang the harbour at Bodrum this morning and they said Yes boat was going.!!!!

Any way it would appear the company I am going with are now going on Friday and they should know wherabouts the ferry now goes from.

All very confussing as Sharon says.

If anyone managed to go today please let me know how you got on.

Hugs Maggie xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom