Bodrum Dog Home???
Could any 1 tell me the procedure of gettın a dog from the pound and also ıf there are any requırements you must meet ıe vetıng procedure etc etc?????

saffie

Saffie
Bodrum Dog Home???
Likewise....wish I could help but am not in your area.

I got my little sweetie from a woman in a bar one night on a very rare night out. She had the little tyke on her lap wrapped up in a blanket and I just couldn't resist those doleful little eyes.

Turned out the poor mite had been 'drowned' along with her tiny brothers and sisters then tied up in a plastic bag.......( she is still scared stiff of water even to this day)

When I turned up next day there were a hundred or so puppies and at least another 100 dogs, all looking for loving homes to give them. If I could have taken or afforded to properly care for more I would have.......

As it is I got this adorable( though somewhat bigger than I imagined she would be) loyal and devoted companion. She sheds hair all over the place which drives me bonkers........but I wouldn't part with her. She's a gem and frankly I'm really not sure who is the lucky one........her or me!!!

Good luck,

saffie.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Bodrum Dog Home???
Well done for deciding to take a dog from the Dog's Home.

Last edited:

dngood

Bodrum Dog Home???
Michael,

There are no formal requirements, although having said that obviously the guys up there will screen you and refuse if they feel you are not adopting the dog for the right reasons and intents.

Just turn up (there's usually an English speaking lady up there called Bahar on Mondays). Take your time choosing, and feel free to take any potential dogs for a walk and spend as much time as you need with as many dogs as you like.

The vet up there is Ali, he takes care of all dogs the dogs, who are will be neutered and vaccinated (unless they've recently arrived).

Dave.

Bodrum Dog Home???
thanks for your help one last thıng ı must ask of u could you tell me ıs there a set charge for tkın a dog or ıs ıt jus a donatıon ı worked at a sanctuary n the UK and they worked on a set mınımum donatıon ıs ıt the same here?????

Michael,

There are no formal requirements, although having said that obviously the guys up there will screen you and refuse if they feel you are not adopting the dog for the right reasons and intents.

Just turn up (there's usually an English speaking lady up there called Bahar on Mondays). Take your time choosing, and feel free to take any potential dogs for a walk and spend as much time as you need with as many dogs as you like.

The vet up there is Ali, he takes care of all dogs the dogs, who are will be neutered and vaccinated (unless they've recently arrived).

Dave.

dngood

Bodrum Dog Home???
There's no minimum donation, and no donation is expected; the fact that they've managed to house a dog to a good home is enough.

If you choose to leave anything then it's entirely up to you.

Dave.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Bodrum Dog Home???
they seem to really happy to get a bag of dog biscuits, we took a 15kg bag which is about 50 TL not too bad, and you also know that the some of the other dogs will get a decent meal

uncle fester

Senior Member.
Bodrum Dog Home???
michael you have bars fitted now so no need for a dog to look after you at night.sleep well.lol.

Bodrum Dog Home???
typıcal turkısh tıme they wıll be here tomorrow for the bars!!!!!! oh and ı have just been told that there have been houses ın bıtez that have had the bars cut off ın a spate of burgalırıes over the last week so ı may need a dog after all steve

michael you have bars fitted now so no need for a dog to look after you at night.sleep well.lol.

pldouglas

Bodrum Dog Home???
Do remember the Dogs Trust slogan -'A Dog is for Life and not just for Christmas' and then take on board the fact that most dogs will live to at least 10 years old, can you guarentee to care for the animal for that length of time.
Can you also afford vets fees/food, do you have time to exercise the animal reguarly and properly?
If you answer yes to all the above then you will have a four legged friend for life. Enjoy!

Reactions: JML

uncle fester

Senior Member.
Bodrum Dog Home???
michael people have been cutting the bars of windows for years,especially in didim,you know if there want to be in there will,bodrum castle maybe a safe for you michael?.

Bodrum Dog Home???
ha ha ha ha the castle sounds lıke a good ıdea can you get me a rental prıce on ıt and also ı need to know how many bathrroms an bedrooms ıt ıs!!!!!
michael people have been cutting the bars of windows for years,especially in didim,you know if there want to be in there will,bodrum castle maybe a safe for you michael?.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom