Status
Not open for further replies.

dngood

Bodrum Bulletin - A Free Newsletter for the Bodrum Peninsular
Happy New Year!

I just wanted to inform you of a new FREE electronic newsletter that covers news, events and more across the Bodrum Peninsular. Whether you live on the peninsular permanently, or have a holiday home, it’s full of information which we hope you’ll find useful.

Please take a look at the newsletter online at http://www.bodrumbulletin.com/newsletter/001/index.html, and if you’re interested you can subscribe for FREE at http://www.bodrumbulletin.com/, and you will receive it direct to your inbox every fortnight.

We welcome your suggestions and feedback, and if you have something you wish to contribute to the newsletter, just email us at editor@bodrumbulletin.com.

Kind regards, and best wishes for 2009!

David Good - Editor, BodrumBulletin

Click here to view the latest BodrumBulletin
Click here to subscribe to the BodrumBulletin now - it's FREE

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Excellent idea I have subscribe and look forward to getting up to date info and classifieds. Thank you

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Tks for that useful link David and happy new year to you too.

I'm a little surprised however that you are referring to the Bodrum Peninsular? It wouldn't inspire great confidence in me that the editor of a publication doesn't know the correct name of the area he's writing about and no doubt lives in :eek:

I assume it's not a typo as you've done it twice.

Good luck with your venture anyway and make sure you hire a good proof-reader heheh

C

ps oh dear Ive just checked out Issue No1 and there's that word.

Last edited:

bickern

There are a lot of references to the Peninsular that Bodrum is part of as the "Bodrum Peninsular" mind you if it is a true Peninsular because the isthmus is not that narrow so it may be suspect as a true Peninsular.

Looks to have the makings of a good E-zine, well done.

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
"There are a lot of references to the Peninsular that Bodrum is part of as the "Bodrum Peninsular" mind you if it is a true Peninsular because the isthmus is not that narrow so it may be suspect as a true Peninsular."

Whoever refers to it as that is wrong, as are you. The word is Peninsula...:eek:

C

dngood

Hi ceemac,

Many thanks for your message, after consulting a few more dictionaries we realise that "peninsular" should be "peninsula". We have now corrected the on-line version of the newsletter, and the associated website.

Many thanks again for highlighting the error.

Dave.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
What is the matter with this forum, someone shows a little bit of enterprise and you have to criticise, support for a new venture please.

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
I've also just subscribed. Good Luck with your new venture.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Tks David - my comments were not intended to degrade you or your new newsletter and I will certainly be reading and supporting it as I have a property there.

"What is the matter with this forum, someone shows a little bit of enterprise and you have to criticise, support for a new venture please."

Rosewall1, if you can't grasp why it may be important to get things like that correct in any publication, let alone a new one, then I'm not going to waste your time and mine explaining it to you or indeed the whole concept of constructive criticism.

I'm not going to accept being slated over an entirely justifiable comment.

C

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Ceemac, Who cares if there is the odd spelling mistake even the big nationals make them. No one is slating you. Just get fed up with the depressing threads and negatism that go on the forum. Don't take it personally.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
It wasn't a spelling mistake Rosewall1 - that was the whole point for goodness sake.

But anyway, you have a great new years day.

C

bickern

ceemac said:
the whole concept of constructive criticism.
ceemac the point in getting a message across is not to talk in code or sarcasm.

Just say it was spelt wrongly or peninsula is the noun and peninsular the adjective.

Most people on here do not use spell checkers and do not profess to be a total expert in the English language, its grammar or its spelling (I for one most certainly do not profess any proficiency).

ceemac said:
I'm a little surprised however that you are referring to the Bodrum Peninsular?
That was a statement, not a question by the way. :kiss:

I do not mean to "have a dig" neither. :caked:

Last edited:
Exactly who cares about small gramatical errors or spelling mistakes.

Hope the Newsletter grows.

This is a New Year, lets have a new beginning and an end to petty bickering.

Beleive it or not there is more to life than worrying about trivialities, such as been made in previous posts

I for one enjoy trying to decipher some posts

Happy New Year for 2009

Sandy

parrot

bickern said:
ceemac the point in getting a message across is not to talk in code or sarcasm.

I do not mean to "have a dig" neither. :caked:
Shouldn't it be "either" :48: :48: :48:

bickern

Yes, but before I edited it, it was neither.

I removed the debate bit

sandr

New Members Stuart & Ros
I thought the first issue was great, let's hope that it goes from strength to strength in 2009. Since the demise of the Bodrum Observer last year there is certainly a place in the market for this sort of thing.

I've signed up for the regular fortnightly issues.

Good luck.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Me dont savvy wot these prolbems ar wit smelling an grammar, long as those message gets thru :ukflag: Do ye no ken?

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
If a few of you read what was actually being said in the bloody posts, (particularly the exchange of posts between me and the editor), instead of spouting off and playing one-upmanship things might be a little more harmonious.

C

jcrian

I am closing this thread as it is just becoming a slanging match on spelling...............again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom