paddye17

Bodrum Alterations
Hi

Does anyone know what's behind the major works in Bodrum at the moment - much of bar street and the road between the main mosque and the marina has been dug up?

Thanks,

Paddy

REDDERS

Bodrum Alterations
New water,drainage,electric....you name it they are doing it at the moment.Nearly every main road in town is closed & dug up....just like Gumbet last winter.

tjd

Bodrum Alterations
Rumour a couple of weeks ago was that the restaurants that used the pavements just opposite the mosque would not be allowed to reuse the pavement when the road was reopened. Since there is no room inside for most of these places they're going to disappear I assume.

Pity - for me the street cafe set-up is part of the character of a place like Bodrum.

paddye17

Bodrum Alterations
Oh, all a bit depressing! I'd heard that it was part of a wider Bodrum refurbishment scheme, widening the pavements and making it more of a cafe style environment.

I can't find anything 'official' on the web. If anyone does get sight of the official position/plans I would be very interested to see them.

Thanks for the replies,

Paddy

rosewall2

Bodrum Alterations
Lots of posters around with artists impression of what it should be like. Looks to me like they are narrowing the road and widening the pavements for cafes with some layby places presumably for deliveries. Of course I could be wrong and it will end up nothing like they are showing.

tjd

Bodrum Alterations
Oh, all a bit depressing! I'd heard that it was part of a wider Bodrum refurbishment scheme, widening the pavements and making it more of a cafe style environment.

I can't find anything 'official' on the web. If anyone does get sight of the official position/plans I would be very interested to see them.

Thanks for the replies,

Paddy

I hope you are right Paddy.

pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
Bodrum Alterations
We use the Marina Restuarant next to Palmye, a few times when we are in Bodrum.
When we were in there talking with Kenan last October, he informed us that alterations were going to take place over the winter & as a result all the restuarant seating areas would be moved back up to the buildings, & the footpath along side the road.
This was the Beledye`s idea, to stop problems with waiters dodging pedestrians on the footpath.

lynne

Bodrum Alterations
Allegedly the Mayor of Bodrum last summer went out on a yacht and took a look at Bodrum from the sea. He said it looked worse than Vietnam (war ?) and that he wants it to stop being an eyesore.
He wants it to look more like Paris (cafe scene ?)

funlife

Bodrum Alterations
Allegedly the Mayor of Bodrum last summer went out on a yacht and took a look at Bodrum from the sea. He said it looked worse than Vietnam (war ?) and that he wants it to stop being an eyesore.
He wants it to look more like Paris (cafe scene ?)
Well it dose now ! Barlar sokak the marina and the yol into town mud and rubbish everywhere and Baros otel has been pulled down

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
Bodrum Alterations
Anybody got an update on the alterations going on in Bodrum, are they finished yet? Coming out for a week on the 15th April, what can I expect?

funlife

Bodrum Alterations
Bar street is startting to look very nice But oh my the road from the bus station down to the marina Take your life in your hands ! and its play chicken run trying to cross the road still no trafic lights

REDDERS

Bodrum Alterations
Photos taken this morning of Bodrum works.The first pic. is looking down the 'old cobbled road',just off the dual carriageway,where the buses go to the bus station.
Second & third pics.just over the traffic lights at the bus station heading down to the front.
'Where have all the flowers gone?'[who knows the next verse?].Opposite Aturturk street at the fruit & veg market.Finally,opposite the Beledeye offices looking along the marina road. View attachment 5131

View attachment 5132 View attachment 5133 View attachment 5134

View attachment 5135

Last edited:
K

Kebab

Bodrum Alterations
It will look nice when it is finished like Gumbet!

REDDERS

Bodrum Alterations
View attachment 5153
Oh,i forgot this one.Barlar street,where the Barraz[spelling?] hotel once stood,you know,the one that had the huge fire last spring,got totally rebuilt & refurbished & re opened,then the beledeye came & took it back & demolished it !!!.
Now the area is being tiled & new toilets are being built in one corner.
Rumour has it,it's going to be a beledeye cafe.

Last edited:

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
Bodrum Alterations
Just got back from a week in Bodrum and have posted a couple of pictures of the alterations. It will all look good when it's finished but it will be a struggle to get what they have started finished in time for the start of the season.

I'm assuming that further work will be done over the next couple of winters as there is still all around the marina to start as well as all the rest of the bazaar continuing on from bar street.

Attachments

• Turkey April 2011 009.jpg
    Turkey April 2011 009.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 67
  • Turkey April 2011 023.jpg
    Turkey April 2011 023.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom