jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
Bodrum airport new terminal?
Being confined indoors today due to the rotten weather, I was "surfing the net" and came across an article about the new airport which talked about the new terminal being built at Bodrum Airport. Apparently it's due to open in May 2012 - does this mean there will be additional flights from the UK? Let's hope so - the articles mentioned 9 boarding bridges and 66 check in desks.

I hadn't heard about this so wondered whether anybody could confirm that this work was going ahead.

Jak xx

essex_girl

Re: Bodrum airport

I do hope so. They are probably financing it with the profit they make from the exorbitantly priced drinks etc they sell at the existing airport:)

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik

Just done a bit more research and seen the plans of the company who are meant to be doing this work. Let's hope it comes to fruition. My other half reckons there's been preparatory work already done.

Jak xx

babsgood

Deemon in disguise

I heard that the current international departures will become domestic and a new international terminal will be built..................lets hope so

spot

hi,
hope i have posted on right thread.

on our recent return from bodrum, my wife was stopped after the alarm went off on the walk through scan, due to her having forgotten to remove a neck chain.
her bag was then taken to another desk and checked as was all our bags, we were then asked for passports, which were in my wife's bag, after some deliberation our bags were returned, and we were able to show our passports, details of my passport were then recorded on paper at another desk, when i questioned why, we were told to move along as we were holding up other passengers.

just wondered if anyone knows why they have taken a record of our passports.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Turkey is a rubber stamp type of place, everything is fotocopied and recorded, even your reg number is recorded at the petrol pumps! not a worry thing about your passport, just jobsworth stuff.
Re the new Bod terminal, its flying up, well above the ground now!, not sure of new Brit flights though, its customers they need not a new terminal

DRACEY

Being confined indoors today due to the rotten weather, I was "surfing the net" and came across an article about the new airport which talked about the new terminal being built at Bodrum Airport. Apparently it's due to open in May 2012 - does this mean there will be additional flights from the UK? Let's hope so - the articles mentioned 9 boarding bridges and 66 check in desks.

I hadn't heard about this so wondered whether anybody could confirm that this work was going ahead.

Jak xx
When we left last week the work was well advanced and probably on track to open next May.

Patty

I must have had my eyes closed....I flew home 23 June and didn't notice a thing!!!!

Pat

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
İ've seen the work and it's looking good. But İ feel İ may be hoping in vain for extra fliggts from the UK, especially in winter!

Jak xx

mollag

Kipper restorer
A lot of these projects are conduits for using IMF monies to improve "infrastructure", hence loadsa new roads, marinas and cruise liner terminals, but as Mrs Beeton said " first catch your rabbit"
All of these things will go to waste if they cannot attract punters.

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
I must be sleep-walking, we left Bodrum Airport on 15th July and I can't recall seeing any construction going on.

Bill.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Me too, 15th July to Liverpool--a great flight i must say, its all behind hoardings between the terminal we all use and the domestic terminal---all to the right of the roundabout

mallin

mal mc cullough
again we saw it being built.loads of work going on there through the night.hopefully easyjet etc will increase their routes from the uk/ireland to bodrum.due completion may 2012

Latest Posts

Top Bottom