Dave J

Bodrum Airport Car Hire and...
Hi ALL,
I will be making only my second ever trip to Turkey this July as we have purchased an apartment in Mandalya Gardens in Akbuk. I was woundering if anyone could recommend a good car hire company in the airport, and has anybody driven the back road to Akbuk, if so what is the condition of this road, and how long does the drive take?
Thanks.

basic

Hi Dave J,
Drove the back road last Sunday to the airport,unless you are hiring a ATV i would suggest you take the road through Milas,it took me one hour in a Doblo from my Villa to the airport ,the road in places has 12 inch deep holes side to side, having said that a far bit of traffic still goes up the hill.
I sure somebody will have a different idea.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Hi Dave J,
Drove the back road last Sunday to the airport,unless you are hiring a ATV i would suggest you take the road through Milas,it took me one hour in a Doblo from my Villa to the airport ,the road in places has 12 inch deep holes side to side, having said that a far bit of traffic still goes up the hill.
I sure somebody will have a different idea.

Really good advice.
Steve.

manc02

Used Proper cars several times always found them to be reliable. Used Akbuk road in May, cuts journey time down but large holes to avoid at times !

EVELYNNE

evelynne
We used Gordion in May had them drive the hire car to our apartment in Akbuk but drove back ourselves via Milas , took about 1 1/4 hours door to door. Had no problems with them , they were recommended via here and I would recommend them as well.

hi just come back today 8th june drove back to bjv airport over mountain road at 02.30am there is quite a few large holes at the moment and always the worry for the wild life (wild boars jeckles etc ) saw 2 boars ourselves last night if you take it steady not to bad and we allways use holidayauto.com never been disappointed 7 days cost 130pound including charges had offer on ...........good luck stay safe drive slowly theres never a rush to get anywhere better to be late in this world than early in the next............
welcome to the forum.......:16vf:

Christy

Hi Dave

We have always used PRoper, they are reliable and cars are fairly new, they can bring the car to the airport no matter what your arrival time is, i tried Gordion for a change this year as had hear good things about them. Proper quoted a cheaper price this time.

We travel the main road which does take just over an hour, however very straight forward and smooth.

All the best
Christy

I used to different car hire firms last summer and would also recommend Proper Car Rental. Emails are prompt and detailed, quotes relatively good for what is included and good customer service. I did rent from a cheaper company and was very badly let down so sometoimes it is wiser to spend a wee bit more for a safe and efficient service.

I use propercar and they have always been great. They also give discount if you state Turkish Living Forum when booking. And you can book online which is easy. Always had good quality cars from them.

advent

Hi Dave J, cheapest car hire i have got was in april this year from love tours in Altinkum 16gbp per day, plus 20gbp for delivering the car to the airport.

GaryMargaret

Gary+Margaret
Hi Dave

We use a company called Onelli car hire Bodrum. Pick up and drop off at the Airport anytime day or night pay in cash on arrival 2009 cars just remember to have some cash for petrol as who ever i use they are always near empty.

I always use the back road and as long as you take your time it's ok. Section between the querry and the very tight hair pin is the worst.

Have a great time Gaz

johnlong

-->: Bodrum Airport Car Hire and...

this answer is too late but i used egeria car hire based in Bodrum ( they also give service to airport ) they were very nice , this company was recommended us from TLF users. their cars are very nice and i will definitely use egeria car next times and write my experience again

kale

Hi peaches

We always use valley car rental yalikavak 00905324568835

I know it's in yali. But your car +drop off driver will be at the airport

Waiting for you. And the same on the return of the car

Speak to Ekrem Good English. We have always been very satisfied

With their services

Cheers kale. Yvonne x

annoyed

Valley car rentals excellent. Have used them several times with a very smooth
transaction.

banda

I was there last week and used Erboy Car, which according to their headed paper is part of National Car Rental. Timely arrival on delivery and collection and all for 59 euros for the first four days and then just ten euros a day each time I phoned and extended. This for a Renault Twingo/Symbol type.

D&A

We have used both valley and Ozzy in the past and both are very good. Valley do tend to be a little more expensive, but they do have auto cars if thats yr thing.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
We used Valley very contentedly for a few years , then it went wrong , never had the car type ( size ) as agreed. Just tiny Albeas that i could not use. They sorted it out after a couple of days each time , but after the third time in a row we gave up.

We now use another company from Milas and they never get it wrong.

Steve.

Top Bottom